Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts playbook

OLD FAN MAN

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When you say great football minds, you must mean the people on this forum. There are no great football minds on this coaching staff.

As far as great football minds on the coaching staff that can be debated but when you say fans using fandom and calling it great minds is mind boggling at best.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

As far as great football minds on the coaching staff that can be debated but when you say fans using fandom and calling it great minds is mind boggling at best.

It was obviously a joke based on how the season is going. We may not be coaches, but some of our playbook ideas would probably be better if executed properly though by a coaching staff.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It was obviously a joke based on how the season is going. We may not be coaches, but some of our playbook ideas would probably be better if executed properly though by a coaching staff.

While I understand your jest 99% of fans (including myself) don't have a clue on the complexities of what a head coaches job really is.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

While I understand your jest 99% of fans (including myself) don't have a clue on the complexities of what a head coaches job really is.

I agree, I know the majority of plays in a playbook, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Personally, I'd probably play each of my players to their strengths on offense and defense and have them master those plays specifically and be in for them. There's a lot more to it then that though.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I know the majority of plays in a playbook, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Personally, I'd probably play each of my players to their strengths on offense and defense and have them master those plays specifically and be in for them. There's a lot more to it then that though.

That is only a tiny fraction of what ahead coaches job is.

With that said it's easy as hades to sit on our couch at home and say what you would and wouldn't do but without wearing those shoes none of us have a clue. That is why there is only 32 head coaches in the NFL world and finding one that can make it all work is dang near impossible. Even the great ones are never perfect.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is only a tiny fraction of what ahead coaches job is.

With that said it's easy as hades to sit on our couch at home and say what you would and wouldn't do but without wearing those shoes none of us have a clue. That is why there is only 32 head coaches in the NFL world and finding one that can make it all work is dang near impossible. Even the great ones are never perfect.

That's true, but you also have to remember when someone criticizes a coach, it isn't the person being compared to the coach that needs to be mentioned, it's that coach being compared to the other 31. Can he outcoach them? I will admit 100% I can't coach as good as Pagano, but my concern is Pagano can't get us to the promised land, and it's looking like that is going to be the result. A bit unfair without Luck, yes, but this year in particular we have been horribly uncompetitive.

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Which playbook??! Or do you mean you know the majority of concepts and base plays? Because if you have access to playbooks I know a guy in MA..

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Which playbook??! Or do you mean you know the majority of concepts and base plays? Because if you have access to playbooks I know a guy in MA..

Mostly concepts and base plays, but I do play madden competitively somewhat and memorize the playbooks of the coaches and their teams on a yearly basis. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's true, but you also have to remember when someone criticizes a coach, it isn't the person being compared to the coach that needs to be mentioned, it's that coach being compared to the other 31. Can he outcoach them? I will admit 100% I can't coach as good as Pagano, but my concern is Pagano can't get us to the promised land, and it's looking like that is going to be the result. A bit unfair without Luck, yes, but this year in particular we have been horribly uncompetitive.

I understand completely why you or anyone else can feel that way but it's not a simple as replacing a head coach.

I said in an earlier thread that I don't understand how anyone could expect this team to be good with all the changes, injuries and young players this season started with. Thinking things would be fixed with a new GM and one draft was being short sighted. This team is at the start of a whole new rebuild and the players we see on this team will be totally different in a couple of years with the exception of a few. More than likely we will have a new coaching staff but expecting great things out of that is a crap shoot at best. Most fans right here in this forum do not have the patience to let that happen without calling for heads very quickly.

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know, but the plays on there are real plays from the NFL. So it still gives me an understanding of what goes on in real life.

What Madden does well is break down concepts via the trainer. Now if only they could make a game that represented actual football both on and off the field and they might have something :P