Bruce Arians

azcolt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I doubt they'd go back to Arians.   QB was still be getting beatup under that pass all the time system

I doubt it too but Luck would probably love to have him back.  That's when he had his success.  Of course they would need to get that OL fixed big time.  And with all that cap space and a high draft position maybe Ballard could get it done. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I doubt it too but Luck would probably love to have him back.  That's when he had his success.  Of course they would need to get that OL fixed big time.  And with all that cap space and a high draft position maybe Ballard could get it done. 

Luck had more success with pep.  Arians was only here for lucks rookie year

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

Arians would be a huge upgrade for Colts.

Arians thinks every QB is made of iron and steel.  Chud might be from the same school-of-thought.

If we're going to hire anyone from the Arizona staff, it should be Tom Moore.  That man knows how to run an offense.

Take what the defense gives you.  Quick-hitters all day.  TY/Moncrief/Doyle aren't in the same league as Harrison/Wayne/Clark, but this offense could be so much more effective if ran correctly...

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Arians thinks every QB is made of iron and steel.  Chud might be from the same school-of-thought.

If we're going to hire anyone from the Arizona staff, it should be Tom Moore.  That man knows how to run an offense.

Take what the defense gives you.  Quick-hitters all day.  TY/Moncrief/Doyle aren't in the same league as Harrion/Wayne/Clark, but this offense could be so much more effective if ran correctly...

completely agree

19 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That's when he had his success.  

Not true......

Luck's 2012 was not that great stat wise.  

PASSING STATS  
SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
2012 16 339 627 54.1 4,374 6.98 23 70 18 9 65.6 76.5
2013 16 343 570 60.2 3,822 6.71 23 73 9 5 63.7 87.0
2014 16 380 616 61.7 4,761 7.73 40 80 16 8 62.6 96.5
2015 7 162 293 55.3 1,881 6.42 15 87 12 2 49.4 74.9
2016 15 346 545 63.5 4,240 7.78 31 64 13 3 65.9 96.4
Career 70 1,570 2,651 59.2 19,078 7.20 132 87 68 27 -- 87.3

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He would not be a good fit

Agreed.  Honestly, I have no idea who we need but I can tell you we dont need anyone currently on the Colt's staff, nor Arians, Harbaugh, or Saban. 

Gruden I'm iffy on

Peyton- would probably be a great coach, BUT i think i'd like to have some more experience at the HC spot and man if he'd flame out, itd destroy his legacy here in Indy.

Just now, csmopar said:

Agreed.  Honestly, I have no idea who we need but I can tell you we dont need anyone currently on the Colt's staff, nor Arians, Harbaugh, or Saban. 

Gruden I'm iffy on

Peyton- would probably be a great coach, BUT i think i'd like to have some more experience at the HC spot and man if he'd flame out, itd destroy his legacy here in Indy.

A legend like PM rarely makes a great coach

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A legend like PM rarely makes a great coach

yeah but rarely ever has there been a player who understands the game so well.  And that's what i think would let peyton be a great coach.  That said, the odds of peyton coaching ever and the colts especially are about 1 in 476,000,000

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

yeah but rarely ever has there been a player who understands the game so well.  And that's what i think would let peyton be a great coach.  That said, the odds of peyton coaching ever and the colts especially are about 1 in 476,000,000

The problem with legends are not their understanding of the game but the expectations they expect from their players

Judging from some of the early Ballard rumors if that means much of anything they say he's picked Brissetts mind about Mcdaniels.   And of course there's been the rumors about Toub.   Toub learned under Andy Reid.   Both systems are West Coast concepts mostly.   I don't know what the truth is, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's looking for something that relies more on high percentage throws,  playaction passing, and running the football.   Me I prefer Mike Shanahans system, but whatever it is I don't think it will be this Coryal we've been running for years.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Judging from some of the early Ballard rumors if that means much of anything they say he's picked Brissetts mind about Mcdaniels.   And of course there's been the rumors about Toub.   Toub learned under Andy Reid.   Both systems are West Coast concepts mostly.   I don't know what the truth is, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's looking for something that relies more on high percentage throws,  playaction passing, and running the football.   Me I prefer Mike Shanahans system, but whatever it is I don't think it will be this Coryal we've been running for years.

IE...the quarterback killer system.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I could live with McDaniels but hope he learnt from his mistakes

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

His best year was under Pep Hamilton not Bruce.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I believe the Coryal can work, but the coaches we've had here that run it all seem to get out of control with the passing and don't place any emphasis on running the football.   Quarterback ends up getting worn down.

I agree. For the west coast system to work the team has to have a strong defense and good running game to make up for the bad plays that are coherent with that type of offense. (Just ask Dan Fouts and any other QB who has played in that system)

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

I believe the Coryal can work, but the coaches we've had here that run it all seem to get out of control with the passing and don't place any emphasis on running the football.   Quarterback ends up getting worn down.

It is worth to point out that I remember Pagano talking about being able to run the ball since he got here. He has always preached that a win starts in the trenches. I don’t know what the hell went wrong along the way but something is dysfunctional on a high level.

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It is worth to point out that I remember Pagano talking about being able to run the ball since he got here. He has always preached that a win starts in the trenches. I don’t know what the hell went wrong along the way but something is dysfunctional on a high level.

It is called terrible drafting and FA Bombs

3 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

To be honest, I think Pagano’s intentions were sound from the start, he just couldn’t execute well. He might just lack a bit of smarts.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It had a lot more to do with a certain OL guru than CP

You can’t make Lemonade without Lemons

You have to wonder what could have been if Pagano had been given a Belichick-type-role as both HC/GM.

I think Chuck had all the right intentions (I really like his philosophy), but was handicapped by both his bosses and his inability to coach at an NFL-level.

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You have to wonder what could have been if Pagano had been given a Belichick-type-role as both HC/GM.

I think Chuck had all the right intentions (I really like his philosophy), but was handicapped by both his bosses and his inability to coach at an NFL-level.

i wonder too, belichick gets the players that fit his coaching system, coaches who dont have full control of who is picked to be on the team have to try to make something out of pieces that dont always fit

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm sure Irsay has a comfort level with Bruce, but I think they may be looking to get rid of the Air Coryal.   My suspicion.

when coryell had his teams he built brick wall o-lines, in st louis he had one of the all time best, finny, dobler banks, young and dierdorf, he knew for his system to work that was necessary, i dont think chud gets it or he has no say about the o-line

18 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i wonder too, belichick gets the players that fit his coaching system, coaches who dont have full control of who is picked to be on the team have to try to make something out of pieces that dont always fit

JMO.  I'm no football guru.  It seems to me BB places less emphasis on speed than almost everybody else.  His DLs are big and his LBs are always tall.  His WRs quick footed and agile, run routes well, and catch everything.  His RBs are nothing special, but can also catch.  It seems like he doesn't get into the same stat comparison as many do.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I loved Arians while he was here, but I don't think it's a good fit with this O-Line. 

Personally, I'd like to see what Shottenheimer can do as OC. I think he would play to players strengths better than Chud does. At least he couldn't be worse. 

i concur

If you really want to see Andrew Luck murdered on the field, I guess Arians is the best guy for that.  

I actually think he shares some blame. His playcalling allowed for a lot of unnecessary hits.  

I also think he's way overrated by this forum.

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

JMO.  I'm no football guru.  It seems to me BB places less emphasis on speed than almost everybody else.  His DLs are big and his LBs are always tall.  His WRs quick footed and agile, run routes well, and catch everything.  His RBs are nothing special, but can also catch.  It seems like he doesn't get into the same stat comparison as many do.

you could be on to what makes his success, i am suprised that more teams dont try to copy him

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't either, he nearly got Ben severely injured when he was in Pittsburgh calling plays and Andrew got beat up his Rookie Season. Now in Arizona he is losing a lot the last 2 years. They actually got real lucky to beat us this year.

It has cost BR a few good years