Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watch The D Line Work Against The Rams. I Like It

krunk

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

I came away very happy about our run defense. 

We didn't even need to see the stats to know we played extremely well against the run. 

As the article states, it was overshadowed by the rest of the game. 

6 minutes ago, twfish said:

A very very well written write up, almost as good as @Superman haha I didn't watch the game and I refuse to until the Colts progress more and win some games, but it's great to hear one of our biggest weaknesses has been addressed 

I'm not mistaking one good game as proof the problem is totally solved, but the front mostly did a good job against the run, inside and out. Still not athletic enough if the back breaks contain, though.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I'm not mistaking one good game as proof the problem is totally solved, but the front mostly did a good job against the run, inside and out. Still not athletic enough if the back breaks contain, though.

I've spoken prematurely on it being fixed... however the d-line hasn't seemed to be able to trap air in a bag let alone trap a run in the past 4 years so it was very nice to see some plays made. I also didn't mean I won't watcha game until they do better I was talking about the rams game.

The Colts finally have a D that can stop the run.  The problem?  They have nothing but that!  Oh the irony!

in all seriousness this is proof you are never as bad as you look in a blow out loss.  The Colts still have work to do in the secondary and pass rush but this is a good start to rebuilding the D.

Hankins did say they could be the #1 defense in the AFC.  Of course that seems laughable after the Rams game, but standing as the #1 run defense after week 1 is a good start.  Now we just have clean up some things coverage wise.  Think pass rush will improve once we get guys settled into their roles a bit and we have a better grasp of what type of attack this group executes the best.  I would like to see us get some people settled in as far as the secondary is concerned as well.  Less of the rotating in and out.

Need to have Malik Hooker start the whole game.  Butler doesn't need to start over him,  needs to increase Quincy Wilson snaps.  Some people were complaining about TJ Green playing over Wilson but many of the breakdowns I saw on Stampede Blue when Green was in Quincy was playing the other corner.  I don't think it was always the case of them playing Green over Wilson.

No they won't celebrate it.   The fans will just make up some other silly excuse like "Oh their starting tackle didn't play"   or  "Such and such had a sore ankle and that's why he didn't run like he usually does".   Or "Lets see them do it against an elite running back with an elite quarterback at the same time".  Some kind of non-sense to continually promote that Pagano and Monachino are incompetent.   Instead of just giving credit where credit is due.