Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andreas Knappe tryout coming up ;)

ThorstenDenmark

Andreas Knappe - OL

Knappe have been invited to a private tryout at Indianapolis Colts, well we could need some help all over the roster, so the news about a danish viking or the danish Thor, will be the help this team needs ;)

A danish colts player... chris ballard, please sign this great man and let the reign of the Danish Thor begin in Indianapolis ;)

50 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Andreas Knappe - OL

Knappe have been invited to a private tryout at Indianapolis Colts, well we could need some help all over the roster, so the news about a danish viking or the danish Thor, will be the help this team needs ;)

A danish colts player... chris ballard, please sign this great man and let the reign of the Danish Thor begin in Indianapolis ;)

Why?  Chuck is happy about where his offensive line is.

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/21308/chuck-pagano-says-put-it-on-record-that-he-never-felt-better-about-offensive-line

This was on an Atlanta blog this summer:

And yet this entire time, I’ve felt that Andreas Knappe is the favorite. That might have something to do with the fact that the team made him a priority immediately after making their final draft selection, or the fact that he has arguably the best combination of physical tools and quickness on the roster. But it may also be because the first Danish-born player since Morten Andersen is also very fun to root for, in the interest of full disclosure. 

Knappe was a 25 game starter for UConn, starting every game at right tackle each of his last two seasons with the program, where he gained a reputation as a mauling run blocker. The Falcons took enough of an interest in him that they got on the horn with him after their last fifth round pick and made him one of their first UDFA signings, for what that’s worth.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So...,   If I understand correctly...  he's currently a free agent?

Not on any 53 man roster?

Not even on a practice squad?

And someone here thinks the solution to our O-line problems is a street free agent?!? 

Oh Dear God...   help me !     :facepalm:

It might motivate a few of the starters

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Offensive lineman rarely, if ever,  need motivation.

They are, by trade, self starters.    

This is another new group and it needs time to gel,  and it needs injured players to get healthy.

Remember I was one of those and coached them and you would be surprised what a position Battle could do to motivate a player

Knappe is a two-year starter who has the size and intelligence that will appeal to NFL offensive line coaches, but his lack of plus athleticism and below average knee bend will make handling NFL edge players extremely difficult. While teams are generally willing to stash raw, but improving talents like Knappe, his age is likely to factor against him in that regard.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/andreas-knappe?id=2558834

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So...,   If I understand correctly...  he's currently a free agent?

Not on any 53 man roster?

Not even on a practice squad?

And someone here thinks the solution to our O-line problems is a street free agent?!? 

Oh Dear God...   help me !     :facepalm:

Wasn't Jeff Saturday out of football for a year before he came in and became a solid starter for a decade with multiple pro bowl appearances?