Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss is in Indianapolis today,whereabouts unknow

coltsuser21

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UHH why don't you guys go to a different forum. We are interested in football not cartoons.

Because this is a football forum and we talk about football a lot? If someone wants to ask about an avatar image or something, or make a joke, that's not a crime, nor against the spirit or letter of the rules of this forum. Just so long as everyone get's back to the topic, where is the problem?

Regarding Moss. If Indy can put a tall, fast target with good hands in the endzone, Peyton can find the target - pure and simple.

Even if all Moss did was distract coverage all year long and catch a few passes a game, so long as he pulls the coverage, he's worth the price of a year long contract.

Regarding Moss. If Indy can put a tall, fast target with good hands in the endzone, Peyton can find the target - pure and simple.

Even if all Moss did was distract coverage all year long and catch a few passes a game, so long as he pulls the coverage, he's worth the price of a year long contract.

I'm all for the decoy and when D's start cheating, drop one in on Moss. He will draw coverage even if he walks off the line.

Maybe we can even get a :corner: shot towards Bill. :neener:

Moss prob not in Indy.

A lot of people like Irsay's tweets, I think I'm the only one that doesn't...He can't ever come right out and say something, he's always gotta make a rhyme and he beats around the bush...Nothing he ever says makes sense...It's annoying.

At first I thought it was charming and funny but then I realized he's off his rocker most of the time and acts like the real life version of Willy Wonker (with the Colts being his chocolate factory)

exactly how i feel

Moss prob not in Indy.

A lot of people like Irsay's tweets, I think I'm the only one that doesn't...He can't ever come right out and say something, he's always gotta make a rhyme and he beats around the bush...Nothing he ever says makes sense...It's annoying.

I agree. But here is one tweet from irsay that is pretty clear.

From August 1st.

Why do some of u guys want us 2 sign Moss? We got Reggie,Gonzo,Austin,Pierre?

Irsay downplayed this last week when it came up by saying "why do some people want us to sign Moss? we got Reggie, Austin, Gonzo, and Pierre" and it turned out we had interest but Moss wanted more money then what we wanted to offer

Thats why I think Moss really was at camp today

EDIT: Sorry Coffeedrinker just saw you posted that tweet too while I was posting

Irsay downplayed this last week when it came up by saying "why do some people want us to sign Moss? we got Reggie, Austin, Gonzo, and Pierre" and it turned out we had interest but Moss wanted more money then what we wanted to offer

Thats why I think Moss really was at camp today

EDIT: Sorry Coffeedrinker just saw you posted that tweet too while I was posting

Quite alright. Nobody listens to me anyways. :FBcheesy:

Quite alright. Nobody listens to me anyways. :FBcheesy:

Two on that list( Collie and Gonzo ) at this time might be liabilities. I hope not, but possible.

My reply to Jim would be that he has been fortunate to have the likes of Peyton Manning to build a powerhouse around. It's time for him to give some back, the rest of Peyton's tenure Jim should surround him with any and every tool available to cement his legacy!

Because this is a football forum and we talk about football a lot? If someone wants to ask about an avatar image or something, or make a joke, that's not a crime, nor against the spirit or letter of the rules of this forum. Just so long as everyone get's back to the topic, where is the problem?

That's what I'm talking about Zebra3! Thank you! You're officially my favorite mod :FBwink:

Two on that list( Collie and Gonzo ) at this time might be liabilities. I hope not, but possible.

It's possible everyone on the Colts team could be a liability if they get injured.

My reply to Jim would be that he has been fortunate to have the likes of Peyton Manning to build a powerhouse around. It's time for him to give some back, the rest of Peyton's tenure Jim should surround him with any and every tool available to cement his legacy!

Wow, you really think you can tell irsay how to spend his money? Plus Irsay would respond that Manning has already cemented his legacy and the chances of Moss increasing that is very small. He had 6 catches in the last 8 games he played.

Does anyone remember what Moss did in Oakland? Nothing. Then he went to a big name team with a big name QB and they set records together

My point is Randy Moss wasn't motivated last year after being shipped around to 3 teams. There is no doubt in my mind he would be motivated to win a SB with Peyton as his QB

Wow, you really think you can tell irsay how to spend his money? Plus Irsay would respond that Manning has already cemented his legacy and the chances of Moss increasing that is very small. He had 6 catches in the last 8 games he played.

You were the one so happy about posting the tweet from him posing a question. I just stated how i would respond.

Do you really think you know how Irsay would respond?

Just like the Sims, Anderson, Harris moves, nothing bad could come of this. So what if we don't NEED him, if he just wants to play for a winner and plays for incentives, only good things could come. If he's not old Moss then he's cut/doesn't reach incentives, but if it's motivated, Randy Straight Cash Homey Moss, well then, that would just be silly to have him with Peyton.

You were the one so happy about posting the tweet from him posing a question. I just stated how i would respond.

lol, what makes you think I was, "so happy about posting..." never mind it doesn't really matter.

Do you really think you know how Irsay would respond?

Very nice and excellent point.

Moss would be dirt cheap though if he accepted, assuming it's 1yr. It's like the Pats Haynesworth signing. Low risk, potential for high reward.

My only concern is Moss DID play for Brett Favre, who I consider a commendable quarterback, yet that didn't work out. Manning is a definite upgrade, but I don't think he will bring out the best in Moss. Moss will be a 4th stringer, maybe an outside WR on some plays to stretch the field, but nothing more.

UHH why don't you guys go to a different forum. We are interested in football not cartoons.

Cartoons?

Oh, I love the Amazing World Of Gumball! Richard Waterson is my new hero, TBH. I also like to watch Regular Show.

But the creme of the crop returns this fall when Bevis and Butthead return to TV with brand new episodes. I saw the teaser they released during Comicon in June and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, and it was definitely some of the best B&B material they've ever done. With the emergence of South Park and Family Guy and shows of that nature in the time since B&B was last active they'll definitely be able to do more and get away with it this time around. There's even been some talk that Judge will try to work in the guys from King of the Hill somehow, which would be epic.

I don't really like to watch South Park anymore... It really just isn't that funny. They've turned the show into a political vehicle to get their opinions across to the audience. It seems more often than not I watch an episode of South Park without laughing more often than not.

At least it's not as unfunny as ugly americans, though. That has to be one of the most unfunny shows on TV.

How about Squidbillies? Who doesn't like Squidbillies? That's almost un-American. I'm considering writing in Early Cuyler as a write-in for President in 2012. I'm sure he'd give everyone who voted for him a truckboattruck, or even better, a truckapede to everyone who voted for him. Who would pass on that? I mean, Dan Halen might not like it, but oh well, right? He can cry into his money.

If I could I'd go party with the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Me and Master Shake could get wasted and really cause Carl some trouble...

I seriously hope you're thoroughly annoyed now... Just because a topic gets a couple of OT posts in it is not a reason to get your panties in a bunch...

Cartoons?

Oh, I love the Amazing World Of Gumball! Richard Waterson is my new hero, TBH. I also like to watch Regular Show.

But the creme of the crop returns this fall when Bevis and Butthead return to TV with brand new episodes. I saw the teaser they released during Comicon in June and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, and it was definitely some of the best B&B material they've ever done. With the emergence of South Park and Family Guy and shows of that nature in the time since B&B was last active they'll definitely be able to do more and get away with it this time around. There's even been some talk that Judge will try to work in the guys from King of the Hill somehow, which would be epic.

I don't really like to watch South Park anymore... It really just isn't that funny. They've turned the show into a political vehicle to get their opinions across to the audience. It seems more often than not I watch an episode of South Park without laughing more often than not.

At least it's not as unfunny as ugly americans, though. That has to be one of the most unfunny shows on TV.

How about Squidbillies? Who doesn't like Squidbillies? That's almost un-American. I'm considering writing in Early Cuyler as a write-in for President in 2012. I'm sure he'd give everyone who voted for him a truckboattruck, or even better, a truckapede to everyone who voted for him. Who would pass on that? I mean, Dan Halen might not like it, but oh well, right? He can cry into his money.

If I could I'd go party with the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Me and Master Shake could get wasted and really cause Carl some trouble...

I seriously hope you're thoroughly annoyed now... Just because a topic gets a couple of OT posts in it is not a reason to get your panties in a bunch...

Back to topic now please. Post your cartoon fetish at rexsfootlove.suc . Thanks but you are breathing our air so if you don't mind move along

Back to topic now please. Post your cartoon fetish at rexsfootlove.suc . Thanks but you are breathing our air so if you don't mind move along

Thanks I wasn't even going that far I'm on the colts forum to talk about the colts.

facepalm.gif

Some day maybe I'll be as cool as you guys.

Some day.

Maybe.

But prolly not.

Oh well.

Does anyone remember what Moss did in Oakland? Nothing. Then he went to a big name team with a big name QB and they set records together

My point is Randy Moss wasn't motivated last year after being shipped around to 3 teams. There is no doubt in my mind he would be motivated to win a SB with Peyton as his QB

x2

Yeah, because that's obviously where I was going with that wasn't it? At least if you're going to make an attempt at humor, you might actually try being ...you know, funny?

Do you seriously not think a motivated Moss on a one-year deal would not be an upgrade over Garcon, who has consistently demonstrated inconsistency? Pray tell, who do we have on our roster right now who constitutes a reliable deep threat?

Well, Garcon actually shows up against good corners like Cromartie, whereas Moss is notorious for quitting when the opponent is game.

Being "motivated" isn't enough. He would have to run good routes (which he doesn't), reliably go 100% on every play (which he never will), and put his own ego aside (which he can't).

If Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo can't "stretch the field," adding Moss isn't going to do it.

Collie is just flat-out impossible to cover in the slot. I fully believe that, when healthy, he's the best slot target in the game. He picks up huge chunks of yards and finds the end zone. Period. We don't need the once-a-game 50 yard bomb if we're consistently picking up 15 yards every other play. Moss also limits the playbook by only being capable of running one pattern consistently.

Clark is Clark. If Collie's getting attention, Clark will break a defense. Otherwise, he demands a double team which frees up everyone else.

If the above two guys are tearing up the middle, and a defense adjusts, Wayne, Garcon, and/or Gonzo are in single coverage all day. I'll take them to beat most corners on timing routes.

Our offense doesn't have to have a massive vertical attack. It just needs to be mid-range effective for Manning to torch even the best defenses.

Moss has his uses, but they are limited. For the money, I'd rather save it and pay Mathis, Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo, and any 1-year FA that pans out when the next off-season hits.