Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss is in Indianapolis today,whereabouts unknow

coltsuser21

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Garcon actually shows up against good corners like Cromartie, whereas Moss is notorious for quitting when the opponent is game.

Being "motivated" isn't enough. He would have to run good routes (which he doesn't), reliably go 100% on every play (which he never will), and put his own ego aside (which he can't).

If Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo can't "stretch the field," adding Moss isn't going to do it.

Collie is just flat-out impossible to cover in the slot. I fully believe that, when healthy, he's the best slot target in the game. He picks up huge chunks of yards and finds the end zone. Period. We don't need the once-a-game 50 yard bomb if we're consistently picking up 15 yards every other play. Moss also limits the playbook by only being capable of running one pattern consistently.

Clark is Clark. If Collie's getting attention, Clark will break a defense. Otherwise, he demands a double team which frees up everyone else.

If the above two guys are tearing up the middle, and a defense adjusts, Wayne, Garcon, and/or Gonzo are in single coverage all day. I'll take them to beat most corners on timing routes.

Our offense doesn't have to have a massive vertical attack. It just needs to be mid-range effective for Manning to torch even the best defenses.

Moss has his uses, but they are limited. For the money, I'd rather save it and pay Mathis, Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo, and any 1-year FA that pans out when the next off-season hits.

Good points. Moss>Garcon+Gonzo, everyday of the week. Garcon sometimes gets deep, but has unreliable hands! Gonzo was a threat, remember it?

Moss brings alot more than current ability to the table, Garcon lost credibility last season, and Gonzo is bump and run. I 'm thinking from a defensive standpoint.

Garcon can't catch, hit Gonzo at line and he's done. I'm a die-hard Colts fan but i bet no coach in 2010 even gave these two a second thought. Easy to defend.

FYI, there are just as many reports that Randy Moss was/is in Philadelphia tonight eating at some restaurant there and talking with Eagles management, as opposed to him being in Indy. Does anybody else smell a publicity stunt to spark fans' interest in signing him and perhaps subsequently get him another 'real' meeting with one of these contending teams' management? I'm guessing those rumors were purposely started within the Moss camp.

Well, Garcon actually shows up against good corners like Cromartie, whereas Moss is notorious for quitting when the opponent is game. I find it hard to believe he'd have racked up the stats that he has if this were true. He does give up on plays from time to time and is far from elite in run blocking, but to say he just quits when he plays opposite a good corner is quite a bit of a stretch.

Being "motivated" isn't enough. He would have to run good routes (which he doesn't), reliably go 100% on every play (which he never will), and put his own ego aside (which he can't). I think Brady and the Patriots would disagree to at least some extent with these comments. I do agree that Moss is far from the best route runner, but he has shown a proven ability to get open and get the ball one way or another.

If Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, and Gonzo can't "stretch the field," adding Moss isn't going to do it. This point really doesn't make any sense. What would their ability to stretch the field have to do with Moss' ability to stretch the field? Moss can stretch the field as well as anyone in the game. With his size and speed, defenses have to cover him wherever he goes. They can't just let him run past them and not worry about it.

Collie is just flat-out impossible to cover in the slot. I fully believe that, when healthy, he's the best slot target in the game. He picks up huge chunks of yards and finds the end zone. Period. We don't need the once-a-game 50 yard bomb if we're consistently picking up 15 yards every other play. Moss also limits the playbook by only being capable of running one pattern consistently.

Clark is Clark. If Collie's getting attention, Clark will break a defense. Otherwise, he demands a double team which frees up everyone else.

If the above two guys are tearing up the middle, and a defense adjusts, Wayne, Garcon, and/or Gonzo are in single coverage all day. I'll take them to beat most corners on timing routes.

Our offense doesn't have to have a massive vertical attack. It just needs to be mid-range effective for Manning to torch even the best defenses.

Moss has his uses, but they are limited. For the money, I'd rather save it and pay Mathis, Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo, and any 1-year FA that pans out when the next off-season hits.Wayne and Mathis' contracts will be addressed next year, so signing Moss to a 1-year contract wouldn't affect that at all. If there is another defensive free agent available this year (primarily a DB) that could come in and make an impact then by all means I'd rather bring that person in. But if that person doesn't exist, and Moss is willing to sign a 1-yr contract not requiring top dollar, then I certainly see no harm in taking that chance.

Thanks I wasn't even going that far I'm on the colts forum to talk about the colts.

In that case, don't waste bytes by complaining because a few other posters post a tiny number of off topic asides in a thread during a discussion. Seriously, your attitude comes across like the No Fun League and their prohibition on end-zone celebration. Frankly, your objection has caused far more distraction to the thread than the original comments, but that might be by design of course. In which case, you merit closer scrutiny.

Hey, what about the cartoons?

Please Joan don't byte me, I mean waste my bytes on cartoon nonsense.

I know you are the ban hammer/ red headed, freckled face, teachers pet, type of person, but please, you are ruining this official Colts board by your ban stuff/ band stuff?

It got old on the old site and tymes are changing/ lets make this a come one, come all board.

Zebra? Keep keepin on, i guess.

Please Joan don't byte me, I mean waste my bytes on cartoon nonsense.

I know you are the ban hammer/ red headed, freckled face, teachers pet, type of person, but please, you are ruining this official Colts board by your ban stuff/ band stuff?

It got old on the old site and tymes are changing/ lets make this a come one, come all board.

Zebra? Keep keepin on, i guess.

Why did none of that at all make any sense? :thinking:

Keep reading it and remembering the past. :rolleyes: . IF you disagree enough you call for the ban, and out of the blue, zebra is always there for you.

Please joan don't ban me, i have a few more things to say. :coltslogo:

lollerskates!

Let me land this roflcopter and assess your view of the situation...

Because I told EJN he was going to get banned when he made racial, homophobic, and murderous remarks in more than one thread and he got banned, I am responsible, correct?

And then today when that Jack Burton guy burst on the scene making homophobic remarks and obviously trolling threads and I told him that he was going to be banned, I became responsible for that when he was, in fact, banned?

Wow... I guess I have more power than anyone else around here... :rolleyes2:

Totally nevermind the fact that SEVERAL of their posts (or "mindless ramblings" as they're more commonly known...) violated the rules here... They were banned because I called for them to be.

Because I can.

And not because they broke a rule.

Like this one:

3. This is a PG-13 site and forum. That includes *masked* profanity and sexual innuendo. Don't post it and don't try to be clever and "get around the filter". "Smack" talk, insults, disrespect, starting flame wars...all against the rules here. No *trolling* is allowed here in any manner. Personal attacks of any sort will not be tolerated and this includes *inciting* other members to "take the bait". Personal shots are always conversation stoppers and they are unsportsmanlike conduct, thus they are not 'cool' on this site. The simple rule and official policy here is "don't be a jerk".

Nope. It was because I called for them to be.

Maybe then, Peyton>brady, I should call for you to be banned...

Hmm... Have to think on that one, I will....

:rolleyes2: facepalm.gif

Slow down chief. You will be O.K.. Just think happy thoughts. You will make it, just put down the pipe/bottle. Take a nap

Classy.

I surmised once today that Jack Burton was the multi-account of EJN, and now I'm starting to think that you are the third man in that group...

:rolleyes2:

IF you disagree enough you call for the ban, and out of the blue, zebra is always there for you.

Excuse me? This is ridiculous. Stop now. All of you.

The topic is/was Randy Moss in Indy, return to the topic, or the thread closes.

Excuse me? This is ridiculous. Stop now. All of you.

The topic is/was Randy Moss in Indy, return to the topic, or the thread closes./

Aw, come on. Don't tell me you didn't lol at what this guy is saying. Because I told someone they were getting banned when they were in obvious violation of the rules, I directly had them banned, because I'm just that favored here... That's one of those things so ridiculous it's almost illegal not to laugh... Kinda like those "Elvis isn't dead. He actually lives in a low-rent apartment in Detroit" theories. haha

And at very worst it's funnier than anything george lopez has ever said, and that's something, right?

Aw, come on. Don't tell me you didn't lol at what this guy is saying. Because I told someone they were getting banned when they were in obvious violation of the rules, I directly had them banned, because I'm just that favored here... That's one of those things so ridiculous it's almost illegal not to laugh... Kinda like those "Elvis isn't dead. He actually lives in a low-rent apartment in Detroit" theories. haha

And at very worst it's funnier than anything george lopez has ever said, and that's something, right?

Oh, it was amusing, ludicrous and annoying all at the same time, it just needs to stop before derailing the thread entirely.

All i'm saying is that no self respecting men stand around a garbage can drinking beer. Hank must be a sissy in the first degree if he can't sit in the backyard and enjoy a brew.

I'm really not amused by latter day toons and i'm sure most of you would be offended if i spoke of my favorite toons. AS A CHILD.

I think they call adults pedophiles who get into that stuff nowadays.

The COLT'S are gonna kick some this year with the addition of Moss. Just wait

It most likely won't happen, but alot of people criticize Moss because of last year. People think he would instill negativity on the team, look at what the Patriots did, get Ocho and Albert. Those two guys are much more of a risk then Moss. If Moss is willing to play for the Colts and if everyone is fine with it (who work for the Colts org), I would be estatic as long as the price is right. Risk would out weigh the rewards, heck if he's cheap and runs his mouth anyways just sit him lol.. Who cares..

All i'm saying is that no self respecting men stand around a garbage can drinking beer. Hank must be a sissy in the first degree if he can't sit in the backyard and enjoy a brew.

I'm really not amused by latter day toons and i'm sure most of you would be offended if i spoke of my favorite toons. AS A CHILD.

I think they call adults pedophiles who get into that stuff nowadays.

The COLT'S are gonna kick some this year with the addition of Moss. Just wait

Ok, just so we're clear, I'm going to throw this out there and then let the matter go.

When you get banned, it's not because I told them to. (Though no doubt you'll argue that by saying that, I AM getting you banned... Whatever, more power to you...)

When you get banned, it's because you broke a rule.

3. This is a PG-13 site and forum. That includes *masked* profanity and sexual innuendo. Don't post it and don't try to be clever and "get around the filter". "Smack" talk, insults, disrespect, starting flame wars...all against the rules here. No *trolling* is allowed here in any manner. Personal attacks of any sort will not be tolerated and this includes *inciting* other members to "take the bait". Personal shots are always conversation stoppers and they are unsportsmanlike conduct, thus they are not 'cool' on this site. The simple rule and official policy here is "don't be a jerk".

I even made the part you are in clear violation of (You know, by calling me a pedophile... Which makes you cool. Or something...) stand out by putting it in red.

That's what you're getting banned for. Not because "I said so".

Not that you'll understand that or anything...

And now I'm off to watch some more cartoons!

Ok, just so we're clear, I'm going to throw this out there and then let the matter go.

When you get banned, it's not because I told them to. (Though no doubt you'll argue that by saying that, I AM getting you banned... Whatever, more power to you...)

When you get banned, it's because you broke a rule.

I even made the part you are in clear violation of (You know, by calling me a pedophile... Which makes you cool. Or something...) stand out by putting it in red.

That's what you're getting banned for. Not because "I said so".

Not that you'll understand that or anything...

And now I'm off to watch some more cartoons!

I came here to talk football, COLTS football. I'm sorry you didn't get yor wish and i'm sure you can back off, so back off.

Nobody cares about you'r post count Joan, we are here to talk about football. This board is all about Colts football, if you want to talk about something else, there is a board out there somewhere. Thanks

I came here to talk football, COLTS football. I'm sorry you didn't get yor wish and i'm sure you can back off, so back off.

Nobody cares about you'r post count Joan, we are here to talk about football. This board is all about Colts football, if you want to talk about something else, there is a board out there somewhere. Thanks

I never called anyone a pedo? When and where?