Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

What do they have to give? I don't really want Aldridge, and it's not like they're trying to tank. I suppose a three team trade could work out, but the draft is already over, so draft picks are pointless.

you don't want Aldridge? Why?

draft's not quite over Spurs have the 29th pick

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

One thing he is not is slow....he's a skinny boy..but he's not slow.

again. He's 19

..this body type is what you get with teenagers

His combine numbers don't show that. He didn't test anything special nor quick. He is an under sized 4 that doesn't finish strong and he is too slow to guard the 3. He can shoot I'll give him that but there were many guys with bigger upsides. It was like we we're still trying to draft role players for PG....guys that could fit a 10 min a game special role and we aren't that team anymore.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Kevin Love was good enough. Trade him at the deadline if need be, it's a quality guy with one more year on his deal.

The Boston deal was good enough.

The 6ers deal was way too good.. If that's true.. whew.. A four game sweep wasn't worth it.

The TWolves deal was okayish. Levine is a more unique potential than draft prospects. We've seen him work.

I'm guessing other deals are probably okay-ish too. I could be wrong, as I have no details, but if these are true, I'm baffled. 

Love wouldn't have helped with the rebuild. Boston, AFAIK, never offered us anything. Never heard anything about the 76ers. Wolves never actually confirmed if they offered that us or not. It was just a rumor. The only thing that was confirmed was the Lakers offer, which is terrible.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Nobody was going to trade their best player at midseason when they were in the playoffs

...Once he said he;s going...we look to move him

I'm still looking at San Antonio

I swear to God Mark you're gonna make me have an aneurism. The Pacers were NEVER gonna get better value for Paul George now than at the deadline. And just making the playoffs isn't good enough

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Boy he looks bummed

Should have been in Indy. Giles or Collins either of those. I think he was told to expect the 15-18 range. Don't think anyone expected him to fall past us. Also those Canadian taxes!!!! Dang who would want to play there.

Doesn't help with the rebuild, would bolt after his contract is up, and is inconsistent. We need young talent. 

Forget rebuild..we cant tank here.

The fact that his deal is almost up (he has 2 years left)  is why we'd get him

We have young talent.....Aldridge would help us significantly

Just now, oldunclemark said:

If we don't tank, we won't win a chamionship. We could build a team around LMA, but the result would be the same if we had PG.

Just now, dgambill said:

Should have been in Indy. Giles or Collins either of those. I think he was told to expect the 15-18 range. Don't think anyone expected him to fall past us. Also those Canadian taxes!!!! Dang who would want to play there.

Not really bummed he was passed by Indy

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I swear to God Mark you're gonna make me have an aneurism. The Pacers were NEVER gonna get better value for Paul George now than at the deadline. And just making the playoffs isn't good enough

calm down......you want us to tank so bad.....I just don't...

.......we don't know what we're going to get yet

We have Myles Turner....that's it. Nobody considers Lance a talent....puleez who else is a young talent on our team? GRIII is a 6/7th man.

"Love wouldn't have helped with the rebuild."

That's not really the point. He's about as close as equal value as PG in terms of talent as they can get and if they want to rebuild, he's an asset for future trades, when the clock isn't tilted against the Pacers so significantly.

Maybe, although I feel like that would have already happened for the #4 pick. I'd be fine with future picks and young talent.

I think it was centered around Bledsoe....but yeah it probably fell through.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe Aldridge to Phoenix and PG to SA and we get young guys and future picks.

Maybe we get Aldridge and a young player.soemone who was drafted tonight..

Spurs apparently are interested in getting Paul and seeing if he would stay

Just now, The Fish said:

"Love wouldn't have helped with the rebuild."

That's not really the point. He's about as close as equal value as PG in terms of talent as they can get and if they want to rebuild, he's an asset for future trades, when the clock isn't tilted against the Pacers so significantly.

cavs tried to move him, nobody wants to trade for love

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Cant tank in Indianapolis, Indy....

..This is not the franchise for that

I agree, somewhat. This team probably won't survive a complete bottoming out, like the 76ers. We would lose our fanbase. However, 1 or 2 years shouldn't be too bad. I'd rather tank and completely rebuild than stay in mediocrity, which is what will happen with LMA. With Aldridge, we're never getting past the Cavs, let alone the Warriors. By the time Lebron is old, or the Warriors break up, he'll be old and near the end of a contract, and wouldn't have helped us with a championship. We could have young talent growing that would reach their full potential by the time Lebron is done instead of Aldridge.

As long as we dont intentionally lose...that stuff hurts your franchise and its beneath the Pacers

I doubt we will. Coaches value their record, so Nate should be no different. We have no talent on the roster, so we'll end up with a bad record.

Wouldnt be accepted here

We made it through the malice in the palace we can make it through 2/3 year rebuild to get back to the playoffs. We've suffered through crap IU teams why not pacers. As long as it is exciting young guys playing hard we will pay to watch. Much better than entitled coasters like PG who slack off half the year.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cant tank in Indianapolis, Indy....

..This is not the franchise for that

Just because you say this does not make it true. The fact is you're content with barely making the playoffs every year and getting destroyed by teams like the Cavs rather than building talent and being a true contender in 3-4 years when players like LeBron are past their prime.

Like we argued about for months, we should have traded Paul George before the trade deadline and got a haul then. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

We made it through the malice in the palace we can make it through 2/3 year rebuild to get back to the playoffs. We've suffered through crap IU teams why not pacers. As long as it is exciting young guys playing hard we will pay to watch. Much better than entitled coasters like PG who slack off half the year.

I'm seriously not for tanking and intentionally losing..

..Its a disgrace to the franchise.

Just not for me

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just because you say this does not make it true. The fact is you're content with barely making the playoffs every year and getting destroyed by teams like the Cavs rather than building talent and being a true contender in 3-4 years when players like LeBron are past their prime.

Like we argued about for months, we shouls have traded Paul George before the trade deadline and got a haul then. 

Reports are Denver was going to trade us a haul at the deadline but balked when PGs folks told them he wasn't going to re-sign there. PG has been sand bagging us the whole time.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Like we argued about for months, we shouls have traded Paul George before the trade deadline and got a haul then. 

It's absolutely inexplicable that his sorry * wasn't traded at the deadline. The haul then would've been much better than now. Damn you Larry Bird

I'm seriously not for tanking and intentionally losing..

..Its a disgrace to the franchise.

Just not for me

the players on the court should be trying to win

a team with lance at PG and turner as our best player would have us picking pretty high though