Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

Just now, aaron11 said:

nah, we are just mad that paul is still here

that will make us decent next year, but we still wont win anything then he leaves for nothing and we have crap picks

Yep. Lost a chance at rebuilding.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I just disagree......Everybody has issues.

The Indiana Pacers have been a strong franchise for a long time..That;s not debatable

Sure, but our issues are more profound that others. What do you mean by strong? 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

nah, we are just mad that paul is still here

that will make us decent next year, but we still wont win anything then he leaves for nothing and we have crap picks

Don't get mad..just let it be..

Lets wait and see what our roster is after free agency

Until then,. we're just blowing smoke

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

First of all, what did tanking do to the 76ers? What are you talking about? They have a potential three headed monster in Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid and they have almost sold out all their home games.

Secondly as many have said, it is not tanking when you trade a player you know doesn't want to stay with the team. It is trying to get value back. 

You are just stubborn like the front office and now our future is screwed. Just bringing in Aldridge does not make us a playoff team. Just bringing in Kevin Love does not make us a playoff team. Getting the Celtics number one pick, Jae Crowder, and Smart/Bradley at the trade deadline would have been much better than where we are at now.

Yeah. Sixers have had injury problems but if that lineup is healthy, it's a monster lineup.

That's not my definition.

We need to contend for a playoff spot every year and we can..

We are not a team without talent.

..and we shouldn't try to become one.

Yeah, we can, but we'd never win anything. It's been proven time and time again that one star can't win anything.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep. Lost a chance at rebuilding.

Sure, but our issues are more profound that others. What do you mean by strong? 

You must be young. Pacers have been around a long time...and have done quite well

Every team has issues....Every franchise does..

....This is a bump in the road...I'm not happy Paul does not want to play for us anymore but lets wait and see what our roster is next year

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yeah. Sixers have had injury problems but if that lineup is healthy, it's a monster lineup.

Yeah, we can, but we'd never win anything. It's been proven time and time again that one star can't win anything.

I don't want to tank 4 years for the team the 76ers have right now, do you?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at the bright side my Cubs won the WS for the first time in 110 years, LeBron didn't win the Championship so that GOAT stuff can be put in a Ray's Dumpster, but the stinkin Pats won! Damn it Tom, time for another shot. My Pacers are a disaster! Go Colts :thmup:

I'm probably chest deep in alcohol right now haha

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't want to tank 4 years for the team the 76ers have right now, do you?

No, but who said we have to tank for four years? Tank for 1 or 2 years and build up lottery picks. In three years, after some good drafting, young players will be reaching their potential and we can sign free agents to help us win. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You must be young. Pacers have been around a long time...and have done quite well

Every team has issues....Every franchise does..

....This is a bump in the road...I'm not happy Paul does not want to play for us anymore but lets wait and see what our roster is next year

Younger than most, but I was there through the brawl and JOB years. If by quite well, you mean never won a championship, sure, I agree. This isn't just a bump in the road. A star player is planning on leaving the franchise. Who knows when the next one will come?

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not my definition.

We need to contend for a playoff spot every year and we can..

We are not a team without talent.

..and we shouldn't try to become one.

We will be when PG is gone...and when we get nothing for him....we will be the ORlando Magic.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Seems like LA was tampering but of course, the league won't do anything about it. Please don't tell me Simon is behind all of this. A re-tool is not what we need.

I don't want to whine but I am surprised how so many people openly campaigned for Paul to go to LA.

But here's a guy who broke his leg and might have thought he wouldn't be back.

If this is what he wants to do...its hurts us...but we're not talent-free....

Like everybody says...we were 42-40 with Paul. That;s not a high bar

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vodka is a different animal, you have to mix that with something good like lemonade or juice. I can drink whiskey straight with just ice like Crown Royal or Beam.

Vodka is the * with some juice. I usually love beer but sometimes I do the hard stuff. Damn I'm buzzed big time haha

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

and the world ends tomorrow

No....like I said I'm fine with it. Just saying if you don't want to tank you actually move him sooner so you get players quicker to get back in the playoffs quicker. I actually want to turn it around quicker....if PG walks for nothing or bad contracts it will set us back longer.

So it appears we will trade PG for some young potential players or some 2018 picks now lol????  What's next on the agenda?  Or do we just keep him and let him ride out his contract and go???

I'm just dumbfounded.  I keep hearing aggressively working something out with the Celtics.

TJ Leaf started all 35 games for UCLA last year and scored in double figures 32 times...

.....He shot 46% from 3-point range...

......one story suggest's he's had trouble gaining weight.....6-foot-9, 220

I highlights he;s on the wing a lot...almost a '3'..steps into a lot of open shots

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No....like I said I'm fine with it. Just saying if you don't want to tank you actually move him sooner so you get players quicker to get back in the playoffs quicker. I actually want to turn it around quicker....if PG walks for nothing or bad contracts it will set us back longer.

I want to try to acquire a solid free agent.

That's the NBA now.......Quality rookies are so young (usually 19) now they're usually are bench strength

You have to make your bid when guys become available..

Unless you get lucky and draft a guy you didn't know was Steph Curry.....you'll grow old and grey trying to build through the draft. Like Detroit. Like the Bulls.

Gordon Hayward is from Indy.....

Suddenly we have room for a max player.......

I still like Kevin Love.....He would get us into the post-season....with Teague and Lance, Myles and Thad Young

I want to go the proven vet route. I want to make the playoffs every season.

But whatever you and I want.....you cant do it with two draft picks a year.

Most draft picks are average players. Look at last year's draft

You have to throw big free agent cash and make a big splash.....

That's what I'm talking about

I want to try to acquire a solid free agent.

That's the NBA now.......Quality rookies are so young (usually 19) now they're usually are bench strength

You have to make your bid when guys become available..

Unless you get lucky and draft a guy you didn't know was Steph Curry.....you'll grow old and grey trying to build through the draft. Like Detroit. Like the Bulls.

Gordon Hayward is from Indy.....

Suddenly we have room for a max player.......

I still like Kevin Love.....He would get us into the post-season....with Teague and Lance, Myles and Thad Young

I want to go the proven vet route. I want to make the playoffs every season.

But whatever you and I want.....you cant do it with two draft picks a year.

Most draft picks are average players. Look at last year's draft

You have to throw big free agent cash and make a big splash.....

That's what I'm talking about

GS drafted their team and added a few free agents. SA drafted their team. Boston drafted most of their team. Minnesota drafted their team and just added a star and now they are legit....Utah did too. You build in the draft...nobody wants to come to Indy...except for over the hill vets that are looking to be over paid and steal our money...see Monta and Big Al.