Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He is not gonna leave the cakewalk Eastern Conference just to lose to the Warriors before the Finals. It's not happening

Not if he builds a superteam in LA. He gets to bask in the glory of LA and the Lakers should be able to sign a better team.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

After Boston finishes the next few years it won't be. Lebron always gets out once the going gets tough. He wants to live in LA. The reason the Chicago trade fell through is he wouldn't assure Butler he would stay. Sorry he ain't staying in Cleveland.

His * might just retire after next season. I can hope. And I wouldn't be upset if LeBron is gone from Cleveland. I can't stand the guy and would love nothing more than to see Steph and his boys beat him down again

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Not if he builds a superteam in LA. He gets to bask in the glory of LA and the Lakers should be able to sign a better team.

I am not sure Magic will go after LeBron, LeBron is 33 years old. PG is only 27 and will add 10 wins to that team and they have a young team overall with Ball, Ingram, Randle, and Clarkson. Randle or Clarkson are trading pieces which gives them options.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

After Boston finishes the next few years it won't be. Lebron always gets out once the going gets tough. He wants to live in LA. The reason the Chicago trade fell through is he wouldn't assure Butler he would stay. Sorry he ain't staying in Cleveland.

Yep. His wife wants to live in LA as well, so there are a ton of signs pointing to him moving out west.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Can they get Paul George and Russell Westbrook?

Magic will be on the phone

Maybe. He can opt out. 2018 could have Lebron, PG, Cousins, Westbrook as free agents amongst others. Two will go to LAkers.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure Magic will go after LeBron, LeBron is 33 years old. PG is only 27 and will add 10 wins to that team and they have a young team overall with Ball, Ingram, Randle, and Clarkson. Randle or Clarkson are trading pieces which gives them options.

To add to this, Magic may add Westbrook next summer and just play him at SG and let Ball run the Point. Westbrook is young and a Free Agent after the year.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lebron moves to 4 and has continued to show he isn't slowing down. Best year ever this year. His shooting is getting better and he can rest on defense at the 4.

You wouldn't waste a pick on Ball if you weren't going to play him. Also, not sure how Westbrook fits with George or Lebron. Imagine a lineup of  Ball/SG/George/Lebron/Cousins. That could go against the Warriors.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

She prefers Hollywood to Cleveland?  Wow. Go figure

Who doesn't? I'm saying that she's probably pushing him to go to LA. 

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Maybe because Westbrook is better than Ball? I don't like Westbrook either but Ball just doesn't move the needle for me

True, but why waste a pick on him. Also not sure how Westbrook fits with the other stars. He's ball dominant.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

You wouldn't waste a pick on Ball if you weren't going to play him. Also, not sure how Westbrook fits with George or Lebron. Imagine a lineup of  Ball/SG/George/Lebron/Cousins. That could go against the Lakers.

Who doesn't? I'm saying that she's probably pushing him to go to LA. 

Those winters in Cleveland...how can you give that up..?

The gentle January breeze off the lake.....

You cant get that in southern California

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why not, he is a shooter (loves to shoot) and actually would be a great first scoring option. Harden is now playing Point, a lot of guys can adapt.

Westbrook is a ball dominant guy......He's a force..You don't want him standing in the corner like Kevin Love with the Cavs

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Those winters in Cleveland...how can you give that up..?

The gentle January breeze off the lake.....

You cant get that in southern California

Sure, or she could have chosen to go to Miami again, or New York, or any other big market team.

Just now, IndyScribe said:

True, but why waste a pick on him. Also not sure how Westbrook fits with the other stars. He's ball dominant.

Westbrook is a ball hog that is President of Planet Ball Hog. In a way I didn't really blame Durant deep down for leaving OKC for that alone even though I wished he had chosen a different team lol.