Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They don't do a lot of the same things....we'll see.

He's not going to start

But he's going to, looking at our roster. If we were a playoff team, I'd be fine with that, but we're not. He doesn't provide us with anything valuable for a rebuild. He's a role player on a team like the Spurs or the Celtics, where his shooting will be valuable. For us, we need players that can start and help with our rebuild.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

But he's going to, looking at our roster. If we were a playoff team, I'd be fine with that, but we're not. He doesn't provide us with anything valuable for a rebuild.

He wouldnt start on a playoff team right now..Indy-man..I agree

But he shoots 45% from 3-point range.....that's really valuable

.....He' s 19.....healthy.......lets wait and see

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

?

Leaf isnt a center at all

He's a small power forward..He's almost a '3'

both seem like stretch 4s to me

i guess turner is 4/5 and leaf is 3/4. doesnt seem like a good fit, both are under sized if turner is a 5 and leaf is 4

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I think Harden has a case of deserving it. Played out of position all year and led his team to 3rd in the potent Western Conference

Westbrook is the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a TDB which was like 100 years ago LOL, Westbrook is the MVP, for a ball hog he still averaged 10 Assists and when was the last time a PointG averaged 10 Rebounds? No way should Westbrook not get that award. His team also won 47 games. The Playoffs have nothing to do with that award, Harden also led the league in Turnovers. Nobody should win MVP if they lead the league in Turnovers.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He is not a C like Turner

What he means is he plays the same role on the floor. So when Turner sits he would play that role...but he is too little to guard the 4 and too slow to guard the 3. Think George Niang slight slight upgrade.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

both seem like stretch 4s to me

i guess turner is 4/5 and leaf is 3/4. doesnt seem like a good fit, both are under sized if turner is a 5 and leaf is 4

Leaf is 6-foot-9, 222....that's one of Shaq's legs...this boy has never been a '5'

He'll play some small forward,. too. I'm sure

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Westbrook is the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a TDB which was like 100 years ago LOL, Westbrook is the MVP, for a ball hog he still averaged 10 Assists and when was the last time a PointG averaged 10 Rebounds? No way should Westbrook not get that award. His team also won 47 games. The Playoffs have nothing to do with that award, he also led the league in Turnovers. Nobody should win MVP if they lead the league in Turnovers.

That just regular season award is crap. There's no way that voters weren't looking at that first round series between the two players

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

He cant get off his shot??  TJ Leaf?

WE are talking about 2 different players, dg

Against a 3.....he will get ate up defensively. He will stand in the corner and do jack crap you watch. He can't create offense is what I'm saying....at all. He relied on Ball all year to feed him.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

What he means is he plays the same role on the floor. So when Turner sits he would play that role...but he is too little to guard the 4 and too slow to guard the 3. Think George Niang slight slight upgrade.

One thing he is not is slow....he's a skinny boy..but he's not slow.

again. He's 19

..this body type is what you get with teenagers

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Against a 3.....he will get ate up defensively. He will stand in the corner and do jack crap you watch. He can't create offense is what I'm saying....at all. He relied on Ball all year to feed him.

We have Jeff Teague dg....

But If he stands in the corner and jack up 12 crappy points a game, you're okay with it.

WE need shooters

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He didn't show up for an exit interview and his people were upset how they were handling the Carmelo thing. Reports Boston offered #3 plus 1 from next year and they balked so clearly knicks didn't want to move him because that's crazy value.

Wow. I had not heard about that. Thanks. Yeah, that shows that Phil was not serious about moving Porzingis.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I doubt it, but this is really inexplicable. PG still being here is just a bizarre breakdown on Kevin Grigson's part

If the offers weren't good enough, I see no reason as to why we should move him. Lakers offer is crap, but we should probably take it now that our options seem to be dwindling.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I doubt it, but this is really inexplicable. PG still being here is just a bizarre breakdown on Kevin Grigson's part

It's pretty much PG's fault but the Pacers should've traded his * at the deadline. It's ridiculous that he wasn't

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We have Jeff Teague dg....

But If he stands in the corner and jack up 12 crappy points a game, you're okay with it.

WE need shooters

teague is n unrestricted  free agent, doubt he comes back

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

It's pretty much PG's fault but the Pacers should've traded his * at the deadline. It's ridiculous that he wasn't

Nobody was going to trade their best player at midseason when they were in the playoffs

...Once he said he;s going...we look to move him

I'm still looking at San Antonio

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

If the offers weren't good enough, I see no reason as to why we should take him. Lakers offer is crap, but we should probably take it now that our options seem to be dwindling.

Kevin Love was good enough. Trade him at the deadline if need be, it's a quality guy with one more year on his deal.

The Boston deal was good enough.

The 6ers deal was way too good.. If that's true.. whew.. A four game sweep wasn't worth it (keeping PG for this last run).

The TWolves deal was okayish. Levine is a more unique potential than draft prospects. We've seen him work.

I'm guessing other deals are probably okay-ish too. I could be wrong, as I have no details, but if these are true, I'm baffled. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Nobody was going to trade their best player at midseason when they were in the playoffs

...Once he said he;s going...we look to move him

I'm still looking at San Antonio

What do they have to give? I don't really want Aldridge, and it's not like they're trying to tank. I suppose a three team trade could work out, but the draft is already over, so draft picks are pointless.