Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok I can see you hate Westbrook so this convo will go no where.

I don't like Westbrook one bit. I think he's overrated and doesn't make a team better when he's the main guy. He would have to have the ball in his hands at all times. That's not what he needs to do but he thinks he's better than he actually is

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would respectfully disagree..

we just lost 23 points a game.....and CJ Miles wont be back...

...we need shooters so badly

We can find them somewhere else. Leaf is a reach at 18. He's slow and his defense sucks. I think he's a bench player at best. We need guys that have high upsides, since we're rebuilding, not Leaf.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is what I thought. He would be crazy to trade Porzingis. I don't follow the NBA much but I follow sports. They like Porzingis here in NY. 

He didn't show up for an exit interview and his people were upset how they were handling the Carmelo thing. Reports Boston offered #3 plus 1 from next year and they balked so clearly knicks didn't want to move him because that's crazy value.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

TJ Leaf is a good offensive player. Maybe he can be a Kevin Love type of player.

Its a good pick.....lots of folks projected him for us...

I doubt he starts this season but we've all seen him play...He's good with potential to be better

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would respectfully disagree..

we just lost 23 points a game.....and CJ Miles wont be back...

...we need shooters so badly

We need defense. We already have a stretch 5....who is going to rebound and cover the lane....yeah nobody. Reminds me of Troy Murphy so so much it makes me sick.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

We can find them somewhere else. Leaf is a reach at 18. He's slow and his defense sucks. I think he's a bench player at best.

Not that I'm sticking up for TJ Leaf but there was no one there that could make an impact from day one. So it didn't really matter who the Pacers picked

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

We can find them somewhere else. Leaf is a reach at 18. He's slow and his defense sucks. I think he's a bench player at best. We need guys that have high upsides, since we're rebuilding, not Leaf.

I saw two different publications (USA Today was one)

WE don't need his defense..we need him to fire up 5-010 3s a game .....Don't write him off at age 19

He has a very high upside, in my mind

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't like Westbrook one bit. I think he's overrated and doesn't make a team better when he's the main guy. He would have to have the ball in his hands at all times. That's not what he needs to do but he thinks he's better than he actually is

I disagree but it is what it is. The only players better than Westbrook in the league IMO are LeBron, Durant, Curry. Westbrook is my #4 and he deserves MVP this season by averaging a TDB. Leonard has an argument to being better but if you put Leonard on OKC (take Westbrook off) I am not sure they even win 47 games like OKC did this season. Westbrook is better than Harden as well IMO.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Not that I'm sticking up for TJ Leaf but there was no one there that could make an impact from day one. So it didn't really matter who the Pacers picked

It's a rebuild. You don't draft for day 1...your drafting for 2/3 years from now. TJ is a future rotational guy...he actually fits better for Boston or San Antonio than us...maybe he will be on the move. We have one stretch big we don't need an undersized stretch 4.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I disagree but it is what it is. The only players better than Westbrook in the league IMO are LeBron, Durant, Curry. Westbrook is my #4 and he deserves MVP this season by averaging a TDB. Leonard has an argument to being better but if you put Leonard on OKC (take Westbrook off) I am not sure they even win 47 games like OKC did this season. Westbrook is better tha Harden as well IMO.

Kawhi is absolutely better than Russell Westbrook. Harden is gonna win the MVP. I bet that playoff series is gonna have more impact than what some think

I'm just not a fan of the Leaf pick. I don't think he is dynamic enough offensively to make up for his defensive issues. I think he has had some injury problems though maybe not as bad as OG. I just can't find myself getting excited about guys who are liabilities on defense. Certainly not first round picks.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

He's the shooter who can open the lane for Myles to play the '5'

....We have to join the 21st Century and get some 3-shooters

Mark I'm beginning to wonder if you even watch the Pacers of basketball. Turner doesn't play in the lane...at all. He is the player that stretched the floor.