Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Draft falling according to projections so far. I think Bulls got ripped in that trade. Better make it worth their while with 7 pick.

I think Bulls might take Malik Monk. They need shooting since they were 28th at shooting the three ball

Congrats Lakers. You just chose someone for president who has absolutely no idea what the hell he's doing. One look at Magic Johnson's twitter feed should've been enough to say he had no business being GM. Congrats on hiring him; the first thing he did was get rid of your best scoring player of the year for practically nothing to free up space to bring in PG next year. 

And now he's drafted Lonzo Ball. The one player in this draft who has the highest bust potential and the biggest question marks all over that ugly shooting form and various other issues. 

Enjoy the Kobe nostalgia, cause you won't be sniffing the WCF for another ten years. Magic is going to turn the dumpster fire into an even worse one. 

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Monk seems to be falling. Not sure where he ends up. There are questions about his defense, but I thought he'd already be gone.

Defense for a guard is big imo. Can't be one sided. I do think he will go in the next couple picks. Maybe to Charlotte.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Butler trade was a shocker

Not entirely surprising. Bulls are rebuilding and Butler is their best asset. They want to avoid a PG situation, so they traded him now. He probably would have bolted if he played his contract out. I'm surprised they pick Lauri at #7 though.

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Not entirely surprising. Bulls are rebuilding and Butler is their best asset. They want to avoid a PG situation, so they traded him now. He probably would have bolted if he played his contract out. I'm surprised they pick Lauri at #7 though.

I thought they'd pick Malik Monk

20 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Congrats Lakers. You just chose someone for president who has absolutely no idea what the hell he's doing. One look at Magic Johnson's twitter feed should've been enough to say he had no business being GM. Congrats on hiring him; the first thing he did was get rid of your best scoring player of the year for practically nothing to free up space to bring in PG next year. 

And now he's drafted Lonzo Ball. The one player in this draft who has the highest bust potential and the biggest question marks all over that ugly shooting form and various other issues. 

Enjoy the Kobe nostalgia, cause you won't be sniffing the WCF for another ten years. Magic is going to turn the dumpster fire into an even worse one. 

Good God, yeah the Lakers should've just kept Russell and that stiff Mozgov's contract and drafted someone like Josh Jackson so they can go roughly win 21-26 games again. Lakers will be a Playoff team next year if they get PG and Ball will be a solid Pro. Your hate for Ball is ridiculous. Magic trading overrated D'Angelo Russell and freeing up Cap Space by getting rid of Jim Buss's dumb error signing Mozgov was an excellent trade. That trade got A's for the Lakers on almost every Basketball website. If you think Russell is better than Ball than I don't know what to tell you, I tried explaining this to Jules yesterday but of course you guys agree on everything as usual. Magic knows what he is doing and the Lakers days of going 20-62 every year with goofball Jim Buss and Russell running the team are over.

-Lopez is a Good Center to boot and will average close 20 points a game.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good God, yeah the Lakers should've just kept Russell and that stiff Mozgov's contract and drafted someone like Josh Jackson so they can go roughly win 21-26 games again. Lakers will be a Playoff team next year if they get PG and Ball will be a solid Pro. Your hate for Ball is ridiculous. Magic trading overrated D'Angelo Russell and freeing up Cap Space by getting rid of Jim Buss's dumb error signing Mozgov was an excellent trade. That trade got A's for the Lakers on almost every Basketball website. If you think Russell is better than Ball than I don't know what to tell you, I tried explaining this Jules yesterday but of course you guys agree on everything as usual. Magic knows what he is doing and the Lakers days of going 20-62 every year with goofball Jim Buss and Russell running the team are over.

Ball is an elite passer. I think he'll be good. But yeah, he'll definitely make everyone on the Lakers better. PG alone will take that team to a 7th-8th seed. If they add more superstars, they can go further.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good God, yeah the Lakers should've just kept Russell and that stiff Mozgov's contract and drafted someone like Josh Jackson so they can go roughly win 21-26 games again. Lakers will be a Playoff team next year if they get PG and Ball will be a solid Pro. Your hate for Ball is ridiculous. Magic trading overrated D'Angelo Russell and freeing up Cap Space by getting rid of Jim Buss's dumb error signing Mozgov was an excellent trade. That trade got A's for the Lakers on almost every Basketball website. If you think Russell is better than Ball than I don't know what to tell you, I tried explaining this Jules yesterday but of course you guys agree on everything as usual. Magic knows what he is doing and the Lakers days of going 20-62 every year with goofball Jim Buss and Russell running the team are over.

Yep they needed to move the Deng and Mozgoff contracts so they could afford two max contracts in 18....making room for Lebron and Pg.

Just now, dgambill said:

Yep they needed to move the Deng and Mozgoff contracts so they could afford two max contracts in 18....making room for Lebron and Pg.

How anyone doesn't understand what Magic is doing just doesn't understand Basketball and D'Angelo Russell had lousy Leadership, was a poor Defender, and the guy shot 40% from the field so his scoring efficiency wasn't even that good.

He may or may not. Cleveland is a mess right now, and there have been rumors swirling that Lebron is leaving for LA. It makes sense. He already won a title for the Cavs so I doubt loyalty is an issue. If the Cavs can't win next year, he has no reason in LA. For a superteam in LA, beat the Warriors, and win and easy finals against a weak Eastern team. You also have to wonder about PG's attitude. At first, he says he wants to stay, then he does a complete 180 within the span of 4 days. Players contact each other and he probably knows something... like Lebron going to LA.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How anyone doesn't understand what Magic is doing just doesn't understand Basketball and D'Angelo Russell had lousy Leadership, was a poor Defender, and the guy shot 40% from the field so his scoring efficiency wasn't even that good.

Yep. Lakers fans were pretty high on him though. There were tons of questions about him, such as his mentality and his ability to get along with his teammates(see Nick Young). Magic freed up cap space and still gets his elite point guard.

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

LeBron is not going to the Western Conference. I have a better chance of dating Ariana Grande

Lebron has always wanted to play in LA. Might play with Clippers but he wants to. Has a home in LA. Has a studio in LA...and all his homeboys moved out to LA this past year to prepare for his arrival. Cleveland is done after 2018...Lebron is gone book it.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep. Lakers fans were pretty high on him though. There were tons of questions about him, such as his mentality and his ability to get along with his teammates(see Nick Young). Magic freed up cap space and still gets his elite point guard.

That trade made a ton of sense for the Lakers looking at the big picture. Russell wasn't taking that team no where.

Just now, dgambill said:

Lebron has always wanted to play in LA. Might play with Clippers but he wants to. Has a home in LA. Has a studio in LA...and all his homeboys moved out to LA this past year to prepare for his arrival. Cleveland is done after 2018...Lebron is gone book it.

He is not gonna leave the cakewalk Eastern Conference just to lose to the Warriors before the Finals. It's not happening

4 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

A lot of Lakers fans couldn't stand him either because of the Nick Young incident and his lack of Leadership. He is arguably the worse Defender in the league as well.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of Lakers fans couldn't stand him either because of the Nick Young incident and his lack of Leadership. He is arguably the worse Defender in the league as well.

Hey Nick Young is available...

How about 'Swaggy P' and 'Born Ready' coming off the bench !!!!

Just now, Luck is Good said:

He is not gonna leave the cakewalk Eastern Conference just to lose to the Warriors before the Finals. It's not happening

After Boston finishes the next few years it won't be. Lebron always gets out once the going gets tough. He wants to live in LA. The reason the Chicago trade fell through is he wouldn't assure Butler he would stay. Sorry he ain't staying in Cleveland.