Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NBA Draft thread (no spoilers)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just because you say this does not make it true. The fact is you're content with barely making the playoffs every year and getting destroyed by teams like the Cavs rather than building talent and being a true contender in 3-4 years when players like LeBron are past their prime.

 

Like we argued about for months, we shouls have traded Paul George before the trade deadline and got a haul then. 

That would have been insane...we were in the playoffs at the time

Only on message boards would you do that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Reports are Denver was going to trade us a haul at the deadline but balked when PGs folks told them he wasn't going to re-sign there. PG has been sand bagging us the whole time.

Yep. I don't blame him for wanting to be traded, but the whole way he went about it really ticks me off. I'm sure other teams would have had good offers as well. Reminds me of Melo. He's a diva and Dwight Howard 2.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm seriously not for tanking and intentionally losing..

..Its a disgrace to the franchise.

Just not for me

It's not tanking. To me to move all your vets and get draft picks isn't tanking...it's the quickest way to rebuild. Like a bandaid you rip it off. Like Colts did after Peyton you just strip it down. Luck was so good we made the playoffs but we got rid of everyone pretty much. Tanking is purposely not putting your best players on the floor or holding them out of games. Just going young isn't tanking imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That would have been insane...we were in the playoffs at the time

Only on message boards would you do that

The best they were gonna do was a 7 seed. I'm not content with just making the playoffs and getting destroyed by a top seed. That's a loser's mentality

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dgambill said:

It's not tanking. To me to move all your vets and get draft picks isn't tanking...it's the quickest way to rebuild. Like a bandaid you rip it off. Like Colts did after Peyton you just strip it down. Luck was so good we made the playoffs but we got rid of everyone pretty much. Tanking is purposely not putting your best players on the floor or holding them out of games. Just going young isn't tanking imo.

Its tanking...Its what the Sixers did,

The Colts didn't tank..we just lost

 

....Tanking is something you cant do here.

Our owner and our management isn't going to do that.

Does anybody think they would

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Its tanking...Its what the Sixers did,

The Colts didn't tank..we just lost

 

....Tanking is something you cant do here.

Our owner and our management isn't going to do that.

Does anybody think they would

No, which is the problem. Our owner would rather be a mediocre playoff team and hope we try to catch lightning in a bottle than actually trying to build a contender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That would have been insane...we were in the playoffs at the time

Only on message boards would you do that

We tried to trade him but asked for too much....and then PG leaked to some teams he wouldn't re-sign with them so the withdrew their offers. And if I remember we were an 8 seed at the time. We have been a border line playoff team for several years now. Who cares if you make the playoffs if you are getting swept and losing your best player next year. We knew Paul wanted out...Bird was just too stubborn to rebuild. He didn't want to admit he screwed the team up royally and he has no patience for young guys. That's why he quit on us....just like PG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The San Antonio thing intrigues me and they have not drafted yet

If it was happening, it would have been done. No third team wants to trade, so the deal isn't there. If we don't want Love, why would we want Aldridge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

No, which is the problem. Our owner would rather be a mediocre playoff team and hope we try to catch lightning in a bottle than actually trying to build a contender.

You don't build a contender by tanking 2 or 3 seasons. Its not happening here.

I'd rather be the 6th or 7th seed every year.

 

..most owners would

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That would have been insane...we were in the playoffs at the time

Only on message boards would you do that

We almost missed the playoffs with him and there was no way we were going to win the championship anyway. 

 

You were too worried about the fact that trading PG improved other teams in the conference rather than looking out for the Pacer's future. We will now get fleeced on a deal for PG if one is made at all.


Everyone has passed and the best we may able to do is getting a washed up Lamarcus Aldridge who will continue this team's identity of mid range shooting instead of getting to the rim or shooting 3's. Plus he comes up small in big moments.

 

Great deal for us...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its tanking...Its what the Sixers did,

The Colts didn't tank..we just lost

 

....Tanking is something you cant do here.

Our owner and our management isn't going to do that.

Does anybody think they would

They also won't go over the cap....they are losers that just care about their money...not building a winner. We drafted well and got to the ECF...it's what we should have done the past couple years. If we had stripped it down the year PG got hurt and invested in picks (trading West/Hill/Solomon) and not wasting money on over the hill vets like Monta and Stuckey and AL we could have had a nice young nucleus around PG now and possibly he wouldn't be looking to leave. Oh well. We can't agree on what tanking means so it's pointless to argue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

You don't build a contender by tanking 2 or 3 seasons. Its not happening here.

I'd rather be the 6th or 7th seed every year.

 

..most owners would

It's possible, but not likely. I'd rather tank than be the 6th or 7th seed. We have no shot at making the Finals or even winning them if we're content with mediocrity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Because Aldridge is as good or better and he wants to move

No, he's not. He was inconsistent at best for the Spurs. If he doesn't want to stay on the Spurs, who are infinitely better than the Pacers, why would he want to go here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

We almost missed the playoffs with him and there was no way we were going to win the championship anyway. 

 

You were too worried about the fact that trading PG improved other teams in the conference rather than looking out for the Pacer's future. We will now get fleeced on a deal for PG if one is made at all.


Everyone has passed and the best we may able to do is getting a washed up Lamarcus Aldridge who will continue this team's identity of mid range shooting instead of getting to the rim or shooting 3's. Plus he comes up small in big moments.

 

Great deal for us...

after seeing what happened to the 76ers..

...no one is going to tank again any time soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You don't build a contender by tanking 2 or 3 seasons. Its not happening here.

I'd rather be the 6th or 7th seed every year.

 

..most owners would

Yep but most intelligent GMs who don't just care about the bottom line would rather lose and acquire cheap young talent to surround a team and then find that one or two pieces in  FA that fill out s roster. See GS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yep but most intelligent GMs who don't just care about the bottom line would rather lose and acquire cheap young talent to surround a team and then find that one or two pieces in  FA that fill out s roster. See GS.

Losing intentionally is intelligent

Golden State got lucky. 6 teams passed on Steph.....They didnt tank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

No, he's not. If he doesn't want to stay on the Spurs, who are infinitely better than the Pacers, why would he want to go here?

He has no heart....he doesn't want the pressure to win so he wants to sneak out the back door because SA has lost last two postseasons because he has underperformed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Not really. Small market, and hasn't attracted a big free agent. Also has issues with their star player and front office.

I just disagree......Everybody has issues.

The Indiana Pacers have been a strong franchise for a long time..That;s not debatable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

We are where we are

I want to win..You want to tank. Its okay

nah, we are just mad that paul is still here

 

that will make us decent next year, but we still wont win anything then he leaves for nothing and we have crap picks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He has no heart....he doesn't want the pressure to win so he wants to sneak out the back door because SA has lost last two postseasons because he has underperformed.

He doesn't want to lose either.

 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

We are where we are

I want to win..You want to tank. Its okay

I want to win as well. I don't think your method is the way to do it. We'd never get a good pick or talented player that way. Since Indy is small market, we'd never attract a big enough free agent to push us over the edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

after seeing what happened to the 76ers..

...no one is going to tank again any time soon

First of all, what did tanking do to the 76ers? What are you talking about? They have a potential three headed monster in Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid and they have almost sold out all their home games.

 

Secondly as many have said, it is not tanking when you trade a player you know doesn't want to stay with the team. It is trying to get value back. 

 

You are just stubborn like the front office and now our future is screwed. Just bringing in Aldridge does not make us a playoff team. Just bringing in Kevin Love does not make us a playoff team. Getting the Celtics number one pick, Jae Crowder, and Smart/Bradley at the trade deadline would have been much better than where we are at now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Would you feel better if we were actually bad enough to win 20 games? That's not tanking by your definition.

That's not my definition.

We need to contend for a playoff spot every year and we can..

We are not a team without talent.

..and we shouldn't try to become one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yah its been pretty grim. Honestly the golden era ended when Manning was cut. Luck was really great but the GM, HC and team put around him was nowhere near SB contention.   If he had stayed on and we started scratch and built around Luck we could have started a new golden era, but obviously he was sick of getting blasted every play.    How much must Irsay hate the decision to cut Manning. Goes on to have all those insane seasons with the Broncos and win another. Who knows how many more we could have won if Irsay didn't drop him for Luck. Then a short while later Luck dropped us the same way.    Oh well, heres to hopefully a new GM, rebuild and a fresh start. We get the right GM to come in and draft a QB maybe we get lucky. 
    • We will probably lose out or only win 1 or 2 games. So we should get a high draft pick. Question is, will Ballard get the right QB? Matt Ryan could have been good but our line has played like garbage and I am very disappointed in Taylor's play. I thought he would be similar to last year, not even close. Leonard is injured but still, he has been disappointing as well. Rivers and Wentz both played with solid rosters and healthy players. At this point I would roll with Sam again and hope we got a top 5 pick. I hate tanking, rarely give up, but as a fan I know the season is over now. Dallas will probably smoke us.
    • The golden era of colts football is long gone. We were blessed to have back to back generational QBs, countless wins and records. HOF caliber and pro bowl talent, and long playoff runs. It was fun, exciting, and made you proud that you made it through some dark seasons and finally the football gods said it's your turn. Unfortunately, our time is over and honestly it's been over since that unfaithful moment Luck got hurt. The colts need to face the fact this isn't the same team they once were and embrace that they need to rebuild. What a run it's been though.  
    • It was Taylor's fault but as usual some post without facts. Matt Ryan did nothing wrong on that hand off. Buck and Aikman both said it was Taylor's fault. If we score there, there was around an 80% chance we win. Matt Ryan gets blamed for everything by fans so par for the course. I read your other posts too. Of course we didn't play well last night but Dakich criticizing the timeout situation and bashing Jeff was way off base. That is not why we lost. 
    • Good thing is you don't need to make any efforts and stress for that which will eventually happen.    Still Dallas seems to play down to the opponents this year, and the game could be equal more or less before they get to break away. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...