Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne And Brandon Lloyd - Possibilities For Being A Patriot?

chad72

This suggests that the Pats could go after Brandon Lloyd, or our own Reggie Wayne :(.

http://network.yardb..._season/9815701

Remember Belichick - if someone schools him while he plays against him, he tries to get that guy on his side just like he did with Welker from the Dolphins. Wayne has consistently gotten open vs the Pats secondary including 2 TDs in the 2009 game, and one TD in the 2010 game, if I remember right. Just like Belichick got Welker, Wayne could be a Patriot if we let him go. I can definitely see this one coming. Wayne will get more open than Branch, mark that down.

Branch and Ocho Cinco are gone, Wayne or Brandon Lloyd will end up being a Patriot, IMO. The way the Pats move the ball underneath, Wayne fits the Pats offense of current more than before, IMO.

Brandon Lloyd with Josh Mcdaniels

22 Starts, 128 Rec, 2131yds, 16TDs

It WILL be Brandon Lloyd in NE next year, Book it.

Reggie going there is not an option, he'd cost more, be less familiar with the offensive and is 4 years older. No worries Colts fans, I assure you Reggie WILL NOT play in NE.

They stole Welker from the Dolphins who didn't understand what they had. They grab people like Ochocinco under the radar because everyone else has given up on them and they don't cost much. Wayne wouldn't exactly be a bargain, and any offer the Pats are willing to give them, would likely be equalled by the Colts, where I'm sure he'd prefer to stay.

Lloyd seems like the more realistic possibility, because of McDaniels and his familiarity with their offense (very to the Broncos offense and 49ers offense in the mid 2000's). I don't think he goes because the Rams seem to be a good fit for him and he's got a whole new team.

This suggests that the Pats could go after Brandon Lloyd, or our own Reggie Wayne :(.

http://network.yardb..._season/9815701

Remember Belichick - if someone schools him while he plays against him, he tries to get that guy on his side just like he did with Welker from the Dolphins. Wayne has consistently gotten open vs the Pats secondary including 2 TDs in the 2009 game, and one TD in the 2010 game, if I remember right. Just like Belichick got Welker, Wayne could be a Patriot if we let him go. I can definitely see this one coming. Wayne will get more open than Branch, mark that down.

Branch and Ocho Cinco are gone, Wayne or Brandon Lloyd will end up being a Patriot, IMO. The way the Pats move the ball underneath, Wayne fits the Pats offense of current more than before, IMO.

The Pats are missing a deep threat on the outside. Plus they need to younger at that position - neither of those desribe Wayne.

The Pats are missing a deep threat on the outside. Plus they need to younger at that position - neither of those desribe Wayne.

Wayne might be a fallback option but not the primary one. Wayne is not Batman anymore, he has got to be a Robin for Batman somewhere. Cardinals miss Anquan Boldin underneath, right?

Wayne might be a fallback option but not the primary one. Wayne is not Batman anymore, he has got to be a Robin for Batman somewhere. Cardinals miss Anquan Boldin underneath, right?

Cards would be option I suppose. So would Indy for that matter. But I just don't think he fits what the Pats would be looking for.

Cards would be option I suppose. So would Indy for that matter. But I just don't think he fits what the Pats would be looking for.

IF (BIG IF) the Pats signed Lloyd and Wayne we have a #1 and #2 WR and Welker goes and stays in the slot. addd in Gronk and hernandez and thats a scary WR group.

IF (BIG IF) the Pats signed Lloyd and Wayne we have a #1 and #2 WR and Welker goes and stays in the slot. addd in Gronk and hernandez and thats a scary WR group.

You gonna make a 100 catch receiver the 3rd WR option? And I don't think for a second that those two guys would be on the Pats radar. The Pats need guys who can stretch the field vertically like the had in Moss. That is neither Lloyd or Wayne.

You gonna make a 100 catch receiver the 3rd WR option? And I don't think for a second that those two guys would be on the Pats radar. The Pats need guys who can stretch the field vertically like the had in Moss. That is neither Lloyd or Wayne.

Brandon Lloyd is a great threat, obviously not like Moss, but he's very good on the deep passes. Also, pretty reliable too.

Yes I would because now we have FIVE threats PLUS RB who can catch the ball. That is a very tough team to defend, who are you going to leave 1 on 1?

Compared to Ocho sinco and Branch he is LOL

Branch is 32, he's not that far away. If you want to go young, you don't sign a 30yo. You get a couple of 24yo's who have serious potential, or something like that. Going from 32 to 30 is NOT getting younger.

I don't know if the Saints will have enough money when it's all said and done but I could see Wayne in New Orleans.

Brees, Colston, Carl Nicks, Tracy Porter, Robert Meachem and Aubrayo Franklin are all unrestricted free agents. Not a chance.

I expect Meachem and Franklin to be lost, the rest to be retained in some fashion by the Saints.

I said this another thread too, watch out for Vincent Jackson to the Pats. Great deep threat who's has good hands. Fast too.

My bets are on VJax to the 49ers, just by the bay, just a tad north in California. He will give them what Braylon Edwards could not, what Crabtree cannot, and what Ted Ginn Jr. never will :).

If the Pats nab Wayne, I say we (the Colts) should go after Welker! He is a free agent as well!

Welker will be franchised before he is allowed to hit free agency.

I don't want Reggie Wayne on then Patriots, not because I don't think he would help, but because he is way too old and is no longer a deep threat that the Patriots need. They need a youthful WR that can stretch the field and is big and physical. Also, I doubt Reggie Wayne is going to get much money out in FA because its going to be saturated with quality wide receivers this year.

Vincent Jackson

Dwayne Bowe

Marquis Colston

Reggie Wayne

DeSean Jackson

Mario Manningham

Robert Meachum

and a slew of other wide receivers are going to be available, granted I would imagine the Chiefs using the franchise tag on Bowe as well.