Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Prichard pretty much knows who the free agents are going to be as he is in contact with other GMs. This trade has zero to do with free agents.

It is quite possible the Pacers got a young starter and maybe another young future starter who both have good talent.

Paul George wasn't worth as much as you think being he has already said he was going to the Lakers next season. A one year rental is not worth as much you evidently thinks he is.

Also, the whole NBA is not laughing at the Pacers for being fleeced. Quit making stuff up just because the Pacers are not tanking like you want them to.

Actually it's being talked about how bad a trade it was but nice try lol and the Celtics offered more on the night of the damn draft it was a way better deal 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Victor Oladipo will never be worth the 20+ million he is being paid.

Sabonis will not be a legit starter for 2-3 years. If he starts for us this year, we are definitely in rebuild mode.

Awful awful trade but once we didn't trade PG at the trade deadline this was bound to happen. No one is giving us legitimate pieces for a rental. This is the best we could do and the Pacers will now suffer for a while.

Sad thing is there were prolly better offers be had than this trash deal if we had waited a few days into FA this trade is awful sure PG is a rental but they got rid of VOs terrible contract that alone is worth it for them even if PG leaves next year this is definition of fleecing the others arguing that it wasn't I feel sorry for them 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

It was a good night. Victor Oladipo comes back to Indiana.

I'll be glad to see Dipo play again If he can get the long ball dialed in he will be good a piece. He's improved every year in the league He was up to 36% this season. 

Sabonas will be better next year. OKC was using him as a stretch big. He attempted more 3's his first 7 games then he did in 2yrs w/Zags. He lived on the block at Gonzaga. He can get back to playing where he's comfortable with us We have bigs to stretch the floor. I think he could be a pleasant surprise. 

I wish I could say we are.better off without PG but we aren't. I am happy it's done.. Let's see what we do with the roster now. I'm glad we did not send PG to LA giving him his way and the Lakers his Bird rights. 

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Actually it's being talked about how bad a trade it was but nice try lol and the Celtics offered more on the night of the damn draft it was a way better deal 

George going to the Celtics was not in the best interest for the Pacers. 

As far as bad trades and the media it all depends on what network you are watching. 

Besides it wouldn't matter what deal the Pacers made you wouldn't have liked it because it didn't involve trade picks. (another word for tanking)

Edited by Buck Showalter
Baiting.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

George going to the Celtics was not in the best interest for the Pacers. 

As far as bad trades and the media it all depends on what network you are watching. 

Besides it wouldn't matter what deal the Pacers made you wouldn't have liked it because it didn't involve trade picks. (another word for tanking)

Who cares what it did for the Celtics we won't be any good for awhile and he would leave for LA in a year more then likely you are literally the only 2 that ever think this is good lol you would think you guys would notice this by now 

Edited by Buck Showalter
Personal attack & implied language
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You really cant argue with this deal....2 starters...25 and under..

..for a 1-year rental

I must admit I really didn't remember that Sabonis was the 10th overall pick in 2016 and then traded to OKC.

He started out pretty good but lost his starting gig out to Taj Gibson. IMO he will become a pretty good player. He is 6'11" so IMO he will develop into a player the Pacers can use with the present roster.

Oladipo as we all know from his Indiana days and has been streaky but does play good defense. I see him as a starter on this roster.

I sure didn't see this coming. I don't think we got much in this deal. Oladipo is ok but very streaky. Don't know too much about Sabonis. I am still not sure why we didn't deal with Boston and try to get at least 1 future pick and maybe a player like Bradley or Smart or even Crowder. Boston is pretty much screwed moving forward because they cant beat the Cavs with their current Roster. I guess if they sign Hayward, they may have a small chance but I still don't see it. They needed PG to get by the Cavs. Cavs are kind of screwed as well because they didn't land PG or Butler, they aren't even close to being better than the Warriors. I like OKC's Roster now and honestly think they can make it back to the WCFinals now. They aren't better than Warriors but they will be Very Good with Russ, PG, and Adams. The Pacers are going to stink next season unfortunately.

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I love this......I have always wanted Olidipo..

He'll start for us and Sabonis has a lot of potential,.

This is better than draft choices.......we have payers with track records who can contribute next season....

Oladipo is 25..Sabonis just turned 21

Not sure how this makes us better, Teague left as well. I bet we don't win 30 games next season. Unless the Celtics can sign Hayward, Ainge goofed up here because he isn't even coming close to beating a team like the Warriors with his current Roster or getting by the Cavs either. If we just took Oladipo and Sabonis, I think we would've took Bradley and a future Draft Pick if push came to shove. Bradley is better than either one of the players we just got. Had we traded PG to Boston I am not so sure PG wouldn't of stayed there either because they would've got by the Cavs IMO and been in the Finals. So he being a 1 year rental might not have been necessarily true.

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how this makes us better, Teague left as well. I bet we don't win 30 games next season. Unless the Celtics can sign Hayward, Ainge goofed up here because he isn't even coming close to beating a team like the Warriors with his current Roster or getting by the Cavs either. If we just took Oladipo and Sabonis, I think we would've took Bradley and a future Draft Pick if push came to shove. Bradley is better than either one of the players we just got. Had we traded PG to Boston I am not so sure PG wouldn't of stayed there either because they would've got by the Cavs IMO and been in the Finals. So he being a 1 year rental might not have been necessarily true.

This does not make us better than we were last year....CBE..

..........we lost Paul George...who is a future Hall-of-Fame player.

..and you're leaving out CJ Miles, who is also leaving....with Teague.....that's 50 points a game.

But in the position we were in we need young players, not picks.

Is Sabonis better than the 28th and 29th pick in the first round..like the Lakers wanted to give us?

If he is, this is the best deal we could get..  Good rebounder..good shooter..and we'll let him shoot more

Ainge was conning us......trying not to give up anything of value...

And I dont really care what this does for OKC ...they're in the west..more power to 'em

How quickly we forget what a good player Oladipo was at IU. and in the NBA?

Victor Oladipo has averaged almost 16 points a game for four years....He replaces Miles at shooting guard and he replaces Paul George as the leading scorer.....and fan favorite.. 

I think conservatively you can pencil him in for 15-16 points a game and good defense, right?

Of course, we need more but the season doesn't start tomorrow.

Paul George told us he was leaving. We got two young 'core players' with NBA experience in return.

This is good

Edited by oldunclemark

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

I'll be glad to see Dipo play again If he can get the long ball dialed in he will be good a piece. He's improved every year in the league He was up to 36% this season. 

Sabonas will be better next year. OKC was using him as a stretch big. He attempted more 3's his first 7 games then he did in 2yrs w/Zags. He lived on the block at Gonzaga. He can get back to playing where he's comfortable with us We have bigs to stretch the floor. I think he could be a pleasant surprise. 

I wish I could say we are.better off without PG but we aren't. I am happy it's done.. Let's see what we do with the roster now. I'm glad we did not send PG to LA giving him his way and the Lakers his Bird rights. 

I agree...we are NOT better off without Paul George.   How could we be.?

I agree that with Myles Turner and TJ Leaf..Sabonis will get back down low and that will benefit him.

I think we get a sure thing in Oladipo.....he'll do what hes done for his first four years../and maybe more if he's happy to be back in his adopted 'home'

$21 mil only hurts us until Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis come off the books

.....Other than them... look at out birth certificates.....this is the what a 'rebuild' looks like.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This does not make us better than we were last year....CBE..

..........we lost Paul George...who is a future Hall-of-Fame player.

..and you're leaving out CJ Miles, who is also leaving....with Teague.....that's 50 points a game.

But in the position we were in we need young players, not picks.

Is Sabonis better than the 28th and 29th pick in the first round..like the Lakers wanted to give us?

If he is, this is the best deal we could get..  Good rebounder..good shooter..and we'll let him shoot more

Ainge was conning us......trying not to give up anything of value...

And I dont really care what this does for OKC ...they're in the west..more power to 'em

How quickly we forget what a good player Oladipo was at IU. and in the NBA?

Victor Oladipo has averaged almost 16 points a game for four years....He replaces Miles at shooting guard and he replaces Paul George as the leading scorer.....and fan favorite.. 

I think conservatively you can pencil him in for 15-16 points a game and good defense, right?

Of course, we need more but the season doesn't start tomorrow.

Paul George told us he was leaving. We got two young 'core players' with NBA experience in return.

This is good

Like I said Dipo is ok, just very streaky. Of course at IU he was Great. I would say he is a Good NBA player but far from Very Good or Great. Sabonis has a long way to go to being even Good, his Dad was awesome. I think had we kept bugging Boston, Ainge would've caved eventually because he knows without PG they have no chance of reaching the Finals with LeBron in the way. Maybe they sign Hayward? Even if they do he isn't better than PG. I just think in the end we maybe could've been able to get Bradley and Smart instead or a future Draft pick and 1 of those guys. Bradley and Smart both are real young as well. Bradley is a better player than Dipo is and Ainge has been dangling him out there.

What cracks me up about Boston is, they whiffed on Durant in Free Agency last season, a lot of people thought his visit with them was really good but he chose the Warriors. They aren't getting PG or Butler either. If Ainge doesn't sign Hayward, that 0-4 = major fail. Enough about them though, I wonder if there is any chance Hayward signs here? He is from here and went to Brownsburg. He isn't better than PG but would be a great replacement for PG.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I said Dipo is ok, just very streaky. Of course at IU he was Great. I would say he is a Good NBA player but far from Very Good or Great. Sabonis has a long way to go to being even Good, his Dad was awesome. I think had we kept bugging Boston, Ainge would've caved eventually because he knows without PG they have no chance of reaching the Finals with LeBron in the way. Maybe they sign Hayward? Even if they do he isn't better than PG. I just think in the end we maybe could've been able to get Bradley and Smart instead or a future Draft pick and 1 of those guys. Bradley and Smart both are real young as well. Bradley is a better player than Dipo is and Ainge has been dangling him out there.

Your words compare Oladipo to Paul George...Of course, he's not great

What player isn't streaky?

The only down side to Avery Bradley is that has only one year left on his deal and he'll want the money Oladipo gets.

The only thing for sure you know about the Celtics is that Ainge is a con man and tries to swindle other teams. We all know that. That's his 'rep' and he's proud of it.   Other than Bradley, Ainge was trying to send us guys he didn't want... You dont want Marcus Smart....You think Oladipo is streaky?>>

..and we need young players..not guys who, as we speak, are still in high school

Sabonis put in a solid first year. He wasnt in the offense at OKC for obvious reasons but they thought he was improving and he is the big strong inside guy we lack....also can shoot a bit.

//we got two players who could start...how much more did you want?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What cracks me up about Boston is, they whiffed on Durant in Free Agency last season, a lot of people thought his visit with them was really good but he chose the Warriors. They aren't getting PG or Butler either. If Ainge doesn't sign Hayward, that 0-4 = major fail. Enough about them though, I wonder if there is any chance Hayward signs here? He is from here and went to Brownsburg. He isn't better than PG but would be a great replacement for PG.

I'm disappointed he isn't even visiting us...

...although..he probably doesn't have to 'visit' Indianapolis..

....I would hope if he is undecided that we contact him.   He'd be a hero here and we'd have a playoff team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm disappointed he isn't even visiting us...

...although..he probably doesn't have to 'visit' Indianapolis..

....I would hope if he is undecided that we contact him.   He'd be a hero here and we'd have a playoff team

Yeah I think if you add him to the Roster we would make the Playoffs, especially now that Chicago will stink without Butler so you can take them out as 1 of the teams that made it last season. Miami will probably get in now.

Notice in the case of Sabonis that we love draft choices.

.....We love guys coming out of college after one year.

They all are so attractive..Sabonis was the 11th pick in the draft?

But once they play a year, we see their flaws and we don't want them so much.

That's the lesson of draft choices.....as 'assets'

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think if you add him to the Roster we would make the Playoffs, especially now that Chicago will stink without Butler so you can take them out as 1 of the teams that made it last season. Miami will probably get in now.

I was thinking about that....The Bulls did the same thing we did.

They got players, not picks..

But there has to be a concern there about Zach Levine...coming off injury..with his style of play.

I have no idea why the Bulls sold their second round pick to Golden State.

Wny?

Detroit doenst look good..or Orlando...

Brooklyn. Bulls, Detroit, Knicks, Orlando

We're about 9th or 10th at this point

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I was thinking about that....The Bulls did the same thing we did.

They got players, not picks..

But there has to be a concern there about Zach Levine...coming off injury..with his style of play.

I have no idea why the Bulls sold their second round pick to Golden State.

Wny?

Detroit doenst look good..or Orlando...

We're about 9th or 10th at this point

If we picked up Hayward I could see as the 8th Seed. You have the Cavs, Celtics, Wizards, Raptors, Bucks, and I think Miami will be good in the East but after that the other teams are iffy.

Our roster is going to change obviously during the year...

...We have no minutes for Al Jefferson at this point with Sabonis and Turner and Serafin and Christmas

...Monta Ellis is needed to start the year (we dont have a lot of guards) but I'd bet he goes at the trade deadline 

...Thad Young is a good player on a title contender...which is where he'll probably go at the deadline...

..by the end of the year, we 're going to be VERY young

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a long shot we get Hayward I know this, so if we don't get him I hope he stays in Utah. He can be the face of that franchise for many years and I am tired of seeing Stars leave the teams that drafted them. Utah was Good last season. 

I don't know why he wants to leave Utah....50 wins last year.

Because he wants to play for his college coach?  I dont get it

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It's a terrible trade. Pacers should've gone rebuild and they didn't. They'll probably be good enough to make the playoffs and get swept in the first round again. Yeah that's the mark of a true franchise

I am not even sure we make the Playoffs but there are a lot of Average to Bad teams in the East after the 6 I named from my above Post. We only won 42 games last season and that was with PG and Teague. I can see us winning around 30 games if it really goes bad unless we add another player or 2 that is decent.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not even sure we make the Playoffs but there are a lot of Average to Bad teams in the East after the 6 I named from my above Post. We only won 42 games last season and that was with PG and Teague. I can see us winning around 30 games if it really goes bad unless we add another player or 2 that is decent.

Its hard to know what we are because this group has never played together

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can hope they're that bad but I'll believe it when I see it

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its hard to know what we are because this group has never played together

Very true but it's hard to imagine we can come close to 42 wins after losing a Top 15 player in the league and a player like Teague who is nothing special but is Good. Unless we add more players. If we added Hayward we could probably win 40 and make an 8th Seed - of course this is all hypothetical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very true but it's hard to imagine we can come close to 42 wins after losing a Top 15 player in the league and a player like Teague who is nothing special but is Good. Unless we had more players. If we added Hayward we could probably win 40 and make an 8th Seed - of course this all hypothetical.

And get swept in the first round. Pacers are probably gonna be in purgatory for quite some time