Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He started them to spread the floor but he didn't much and lost his job via trade. He started because he had too. He's not a good player yet.

But, for the record, he did start most of the year....I dont think he's going to be coming off the bench very long.

He actually is a good player....significant international experience..

OKC's offense was somewhat one-dimensional..as you know.

He'll do well for us..you'll see

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

How did he get that deal? 

I love the trade.,.considering the situation...PG goes west where we don't see him and we don't strengthen the Cavs and Celtics..

Sabonis is a low post guy.....doesn't shoot 3s...don't think he can guard the 3-line in switches

..but we are about to be (if Big Al is moved as I expect) a very young team

They let him take 159 3`s in his rookie year!
If he can raise his shooting 7% he would be considered a VG 3 guy. lol
 We will see.
 I like our youth and it`s potential. Come home Gordon! LOL

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how this makes us better, Teague left as well. I bet we don't win 30 games next season. Unless the Celtics can sign Hayward, Ainge goofed up here because he isn't even coming close to beating a team like the Warriors with his current Roster or getting by the Cavs either. If we just took Oladipo and Sabonis, I think we would've took Bradley and a future Draft Pick if push came to shove. Bradley is better than either one of the players we just got. Had we traded PG to Boston I am not so sure PG wouldn't of stayed there either because they would've got by the Cavs IMO and been in the Finals. So he being a 1 year rental might not have been necessarily true.

So you thought we would be better after trading PG?
 It would have been much better for us if George went to Boston and stayed. Hahahahaha!
  Or George got the a stinky deal by us shipping him to OKC. Hmmm! Yip!

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I honestly don't get this deal. IF any of those reported packages are true and we took freaking Victor Oladpio instead everyone is fired.

Let's be honest with ourselves here: no one won this trade.

What does OKC get?  One season of a George/Westbrook combo.  Sure, it'll be fun to watch, but they don't have the firepower to even touch the Warriors.  They'd need to sign another star, at the very least.  If GS > OKC + Durant, then GS + Durant >>>>> OKC + George.  Not only that, but if PG didn't like CJ Miles taking the last shot of an important, game, what's he gonna do playing with Russell Westbrook?  Then George goes to LA because I see no way he returns to OKC.

What does Indy get?  Two meh players who have talent, but have nothing near the star potential you want to receive when trading away a current star.  No plan for the current, no plan for the future, it's just a mess.

You know who else lost in this trade?  Boston.  You have all these assets and you didn't bring in Jimmy Butler or Paul George.  Hayward would be a nice addition, but won't be enough to topple the Cavs or even get close to the Warriors.

In the end, the Thunder don't have a real shot of competing for a championship, the Pacers have no direction, the Lakers are ecstatic that George was sent to a small market team without a realistic shot of competing, and the Celtics are still holding onto their assets without making a move to win now despite having a win-now roster.

At the same time, the NBA offseason has much far more interesting than the Finals.

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Let's be honest with ourselves here: no one won this trade.

What does OKC get?  One season of a George/Westbrook combo.  Sure, it'll be fun to watch, but they don't have the firepower to even touch the Warriors.  They'd need to sign another star, at the very least.  If GS > OKC + Durant, then GS + Durant >>>>> OKC + George.  Not only that, but if PG didn't like CJ Miles taking the last shot of an important, game, what's he gonna do playing with Russell Westbrook?  Then George goes to LA because I see no way he returns to OKC.

What does Indy get?  Two meh players who have talent, but have nothing near the star potential you want to receive when trading away a current star.  No plan for the current, no plan for the future, it's just a mess.

You know who else lost in this trade?  Boston.  You have all these assets and you didn't bring in Jimmy Butler or Paul George.  Hayward would be a nice addition, but won't be enough to topple the Cavs or even get close to the Warriors.

In the end, the Thunder don't have a real shot of competing for a championship, the Pacers have no direction, the Lakers are ecstatic that George was sent to a small market team without a realistic shot of competing, and the Celtics are still holding onto their assets without making a move to win now despite having a win-now roster.

At the same time, the NBA offseason has much far more interesting than the Finals.

The thunder win for finding a team stupid enough to dump VO contract on lol that's great for their future cap 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

So you thought we would be better after trading PG?
 It would have been much better for us if George went to Boston and stayed. Hahahahaha!
  Or George got the a stinky deal by us shipping him to OKC. Hmmm! Yip!

How on earth did you get that from my Post? OKC got a great deal off of this.

No, I was responding to Mark's Post because Mark seemed to like the trade for us. This clearly makes us a lot worse and yes I liked the Celtics players/potential deals for us compared to this. They had Picks and were dangling Bradley and Crowder around.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, I was responding to Mark's Post because Mark seemed to like the trade for us. This clearly makes us a lot worse and yes I liked the Celtics players/potential deals for us compared to this. They had Picks and were dangling Bradley and Crowder around.

Much better deal to be had 

The reason everyone is laughing at us is we didn't get a single pick that's freaking insane for a top 10 player late first or early doesn't matter still should get more then 2 role players 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can probably guess how I feel 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I honestly don't get this deal. IF any of those reported packages are true and we took freaking Victor Oladpio instead everyone is fired.

According to kravtiz , those were almost all made up rumors 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like the trade either, I agree we could've got more. It's a great trade for OKC even if PG leaves because then they would have all kinds Cap space. OKC is going to be a dangerous team this season.

Have you seen the West? It's stacked out there. With PG, I don't see OKC being a "dangerous" team as is. I honestly see them being a 4th seed best case scenario when it's all said and done. 

• Like 1

Obviously not happy with the trade but I think this is about as good as we were going to get. Two young pieces to build around Myles. Not a lot of upside but PG put them in a corner.

As for all the trade rumors I don't think any were true. Boston was likely offering their own late first rd picks plus Crowder which is an insult. I believe all the rumors for lottery picks were from the trade deadline last year that Bird turned down. I don't honestly believe those picks were on the table this offseason. I don't think Pritchard was interested on making two super teams in the East even stronger. He was going to have to be bowled over to trade with those teams and they weren't offering much better deals. I don't like Olidepos contract but at least the two guys are young. 

We have about 30 million in cap space...I just hope we don't waste it. Don't go overpaying for Galinari or someone like that. Like to see them move Young for pick or something and take some fliers on some young prospects and build for 2018.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

OMG!!! Adrian Woj said we could have had Gary Harris and a protected 1st in the Cleveland Denver trade :facepalm::facepalm:

# you KP

I believe the pick was protected 20 lower or something. Late 20s pick does nothing. Harris over dipo and sabonis is toss up. Most of the trades was PG to Cavs and Love to Denver and we get Harris plus crap. We weren't interested in making Cleveland better for that crap trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I believe the pick was protected 20 lower or something. Late 20s pick does nothing. Harris over dipo and sabonis is toss up. Most of the trades was PG to Cavs and Love to Denver and we get Harris plus crap. We weren't interested in making Cleveland better for that crap trade.

Nicely put

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Harris alone is better then VO and sabonis the pick was just extra Harris is on the path upward fast he played great last year plus he is also from Indiana 

And who cares what it does for Cleveland we won't win anything anytime soon I'd rather habe the better player 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Harris alone is better then VO and sabonis the pick was just extra Harris is on the path upward fast he played great last year plus he is also from Indiana 

And who cares what it does for Cleveland we won't win anything anytime soon I'd rather habe the better player 

Harris is a nice young player and I think Lyles was part of it....but I'm ok not sending PG to Cavs and setting up Lebron to dominate the next 4 years and play PG in our on division. The only way I keep PG in East is for a significant haul. Pacers are a proud organization. They aren't going to purposely tank and hand over the conference to a rival. Plus I think they wanted to stick it to pg as well. I think Sabonis will compliment Turner nicely. He is a banger and defends decent. Clearly getting the best player wasn't the only factor here. Who is to say Sabonis and Dipo can't be flipped later as well. Harris is nice...Lyles is not good...but I'm not going to set the Cavs up for championships just to get him.

Harris is a nice young player and I think Lyles was part of it....but I'm ok not sending PG to Cavs and setting up Lebron to dominate the next 4 years and play PG in our on division. The only way I keep PG in East is for a significant haul. Pacers are a proud organization. They aren't going to purposely tank and hand over the conference to a rival. Plus I think they wanted to stick it to pg as well. I think Sabonis will compliment Turner nicely. He is a banger and defends decent. Clearly getting the best player wasn't the only factor here. Who is to say Sabonis and Dipo can't be flipped later as well. Harris is nice...Lyles is not good...but I'm not going to set the Cavs up for championships just to get him.

There is multiple reports from people saying eastern conference execs think KP was hell bent on not trading him to an east team so he took a worse deal that's not how you run a team imo that seems dumb when you are going to rebuild anyway you get the best offer not do a trade in spite of other teams or players 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

There is multiple reports from people saying eastern conference execs think KP was hell bent on not trading him to an east team so he took a worse deal that's not how you run a team imo that seems dumb when you are going to rebuild anyway you get the best offer not do a trade in spite of other teams or players 

There are also a bunch of GMs that have to explain to their owners and fan base why they didn't land PG and said they have better trade offers etc. Fact is I doubt 95% what is on the internet. Bunch of leaked info to just justify why they struck out. I don't think anyone was offering high picks or significant starters for a one year rental. Everyone is telling what they offered at the trade deadline and if you want to hate hate on Bird not being proactive because those trade offers were much much better than what we got. There is a lot of fud out there with execs trying to look like it wasn't their fault they didn't try harder to land PG....but trades before trade deadline and ones this offseason are totally different scenerios.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What cracks me up about Boston is, they whiffed on Durant in Free Agency last season, a lot of people thought his visit with them was really good but he chose the Warriors. They aren't getting PG or Butler either. If Ainge doesn't sign Hayward, that 0-4 = major fail. Enough about them though, I wonder if there is any chance Hayward signs here? He is from here and went to Brownsburg. He isn't better than PG but would be a great replacement for PG.

I was listening to ESPN on the radio this afternoon and one of the guys interviewed said don't believe what Boston or L.A. said about what was offered for George. He said both teams put out things that were not true when it came to what they offered for George. The reason those things were said was to sooth their own fan base if George was not acquired. Tell the fan base such and such were offered for George and it was the Pacers who wouldn't take the deal therefor it was the blame would be on the Pacers.

Like you said Ainge whiffed on Durant and also a couple of other players and the fan base has been on him pretty bad.

I find it believable.

• Like 3

There are also a bunch of GMs that have to explain to their owners and fan base why they didn't land PG and said they have better trade offers etc. Fact is I doubt 95% what is on the internet. Bunch of leaked info to just justify why they struck out. I don't think anyone was offering high picks or significant starters for a one year rental. Everyone is telling what they offered at the trade deadline and if you want to hate hate on Bird not being proactive because those trade offers were much much better than what we got. There is a lot of fud out there with execs trying to look like it wasn't their fault they didn't try harder to land PG....but trades before trade deadline and ones this offseason are totally different scenerios.

Oh trust me bird was dumb as well for not sending him away at the deadline we were not doing that great at the deadline we could have got a better deal for him and would have picked higher this draft so I agree with you there for sure 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not sure I believe it everything I saw out of Denver while PG was a Pacer was Jovic, Murray and Harris were untouchable. PG is traded now there was a deal for Harris, Lyles and a pick. The fact that they are both former Indiana Mr Basketball makes it more suspicious to me. 

We will never know for sure. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was listening to ESPN on the radio this afternoon and one of the guys interviewed said don't believe what Boston or L.A. said about what was offered for George. He said both teams put out things that were not true when it came to what they offered for George. The reason those things were said was to sooth their own fan base if George was not acquired. Tell the fan base such and such were offered for George and it was the Pacers who wouldn't take the deal therefor it was the blame would be on the Pacers.

Like you said Ainge whiffed on Durant and also a couple of other players and the fan base has been on him pretty bad.

I find it believable.

100% quoted for truth. I'm as upset the Pacers are in this situation as the next guy but we weren't getting the offers that was getting leaked. Perhaps at the trade deadline last year we could have got the nets pick and some players but not on a 1 year rental. Ainge f'd up. If he doesn't land Heyward he is going to be in hot water. He has a ton of young players but no real leader and their cap space dissapears after re-signing Thomas and with the others get extended. You can't keep all that young talent on a team. You only have so much playing time and other teams are going to come in and steal them away with bigger money later on. Ainge needed a fine balance of free agent stars and young nucleus but can't deliver because he always wants to win the trade...won't give up picks for Butler or PG or Love....well your going to have 8-10 young guys and half are going to leave you because you can't re-sign them all....he is too busy trying to be the smartest guy in the room and win then just being aggressive and getting a deal done.

All that leaked crap is just that...crap. Best source woj has said it has always been LA offering Randle and 27/28 and Boston offering Crowder plus Bostons picks which would be late late firsts not la or nets or even Memphis pick. That's crap and I'm glad we turned it down.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm not sure I believe it everything I saw out of Denver while PG was a Pacer was Jovic, Murray and Harris were untouchable. PG is traded now there was a deal for Harris, Lyles and a pick. The fact that they are both former Indiana Mr Basketball makes it more suspicious to me. 

We will never know for sure. 

I agree too. Others reported that it was Mundaiy was offered up....and yeah I'll pass on that

Just now, dgambill said:

I agree too. Others reported that it was Mundaiy was offered up....and yeah I'll pass on that

Plus, since the Nuggets just received Trey Lyles in a trade don't they have to wait before trading him with other players? I might be totally wrong on this (or the rule was changed) but I thought the NBA had a rule where players you receive in a trade cannot be traded again for a certain amount of time. The only exception to that is if they are the only player being dealt. Does anyone know if that is true?

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Oh trust me bird was dumb as well for not sending him away at the deadline we were not doing that great at the deadline we could have got a better deal for him and would have picked higher this draft so I agree with you there for sure 

Look I'm upset...but the rumors are false...we didn't get the offers your hearing. That's stuff planted out there to get fan clicks and for GMs to not come off like they struck out. We definitely should have done the deal at the deadline....if PG would have told us then he was going to LA we wouldn't be in this spot. Bird tried to make the playoffs. That's all the Pacers care about. The money from the playoff games alone pay several players salaries for the year. This organization would love to win it all...but is fine with mediocrity. They won't tank to rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Plus, since the Nuggets just received Trey Lyles in a trade don't they have to wait before trading him with other players? I might be totally wrong on this (or the rule was changed) but I thought the NBA had a rule where players you receive in a trade cannot be traded again for a certain amount of time. The only exception to that is if they are the only player being dealt. Does anyone know if that is true?

I have no facts....but I believe it was mundaiy and protected late pick and filler. They got Lyles to try to sweaten the deal draft night and revisit talks but I don't think the Pacers were buying ever. Lyles can be traded after July 1st I believe. It's a new league year and was acquired under last year even if just by a couple days.

i don't think Pacers were trading PG to Cavs or Boston without a killer return and that never happened because PG wouldn't extend his contract.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Look I'm upset...but the rumors are false...we didn't get the offers your hearing. That's stuff planted out there to get fan clicks and for GMs to not come off like they struck out. We definitely should have done the deal at the deadline....if PG would have told us then he was going to LA we wouldn't be in this spot. Bird tried to make the playoffs. That's all the Pacers care about. The money from the playoff games alone pay several players salaries for the year. This organization would love to win it all...but is fine with mediocrity. They won't tank to rebuild. 

That's what I was gonna say instead of trading him like we should we shot for the mediocre 8th seed again like usual 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

100% quoted for truth. I'm as upset the Pacers are in this situation as the next guy but we weren't getting the offers that was getting leaked. Perhaps at the trade deadline last year we could have got the nets pick and some players but not on a 1 year rental. Ainge f'd up. If he doesn't land Heyward he is going to be in hot water. He has a ton of young players but no real leader and their cap space dissapears after re-signing Thomas and with the others get extended. You can't keep all that young talent on a team. You only have so much playing time and other teams are going to come in and steal them away with bigger money later on. Ainge needed a fine balance of free agent stars and young nucleus but can't deliver because he always wants to win the trade...won't give up picks for Butler or PG or Love....well your going to have 8-10 young guys and half are going to leave you because you can't re-sign them all....he is too busy trying to be the smartest guy in the room and win then just being aggressive and getting a deal done.

All that leaked crap is just that...crap. Best source woj has said it has always been LA offering Randle and 27/28 and Boston offering Crowder plus Bostons picks which would be late late firsts not la or nets or even Memphis pick. That's crap and I'm glad we turned it down.

Woj is the one who said we were offered Harris tho 

42 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Woj is the one who said we were offered Harris tho 

Yes maybe so. But that doesn't mean Pritchard likes Harris more than dipo and Sabonis. I also believe Pritchard wasn't dealing PG to a in conference rival in Boston or Cleveland so we can lose to him for the next 5 years. Nobody wants to see PG beat our * next to Lebron for the next 4-5 years. Harris upside over dipo and Sabonis isn't that much. I don't see Harris as a future all NBA player...so one rotational piece over another I don't think makes that trade palatable.