Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I honestly don't get this deal. IF any of those reported packages are true and we took freaking Victor Oladpio instead everyone is fired.

Oladipo's been a good shooting guard for 4 years..we probably got 2 starters

 

..and I what we got was better than Julius Randle and the 27th and 289th pick in the draft..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's what I was gonna say instead of trading him like we should we shot for the mediocre 8th seed again like usual 

I'm with you 100%. You know me and you and several others tried to convince Mark we should have moved Paul at trade deadline. The offers then were SIGNIFICANTLY better. We played for an 8th seed like we always do instead of having foresight to rebuild. Maybe instead of a 4-5 year rebuild we are facing now we might have been able to turn it around in a couple years. I'm not going to hate on Pritchard just yet. He was in a no win situation. He was going to look awful in this no matter what. It's why Bird slinked off so he didn't have to face the music for his several years of mistakes. It's upsetting for sure but I hope we just don't blow our cap trying for an 8th seed. Maybe move Young for draft pick....sign and trade CJ or something....but get some more young assets and take some chances on some guys that need a new location. Just don't go out blowing it on mediocre guys that can't help us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I'm with you 100%. You know me and you and several others tried to convince Mark we should have moved Paul at trade deadline. The offers then were SIGNIFICANTLY better. We played for an 8th seed like we always do instead of having foresight to rebuild. Maybe instead of a 4-5 year rebuild we are facing now we might have been able to turn it around in a couple years. I'm not going to hate on Pritchard just yet. He was in a no win situation. He was going to look awful in this no matter what. It's why Bird slinked off so he didn't have to face the music for his several years of mistakes. It's upsetting for sure but I hope we just don't blow our cap trying for an 8th seed. Maybe move Young for draft pick....sign and trade CJ or something....but get some more young assets and take some chances on some guys that need a new location. Just don't go out blowing it on mediocre guys that can't help us.

But you have to agree it would have been insane to trade your best player with 1 1/2 years left on his contract when we were in the playoffs.

That's something you say on a message board but nobody would ever do.

 

..and Larry Bird is still with the team. He didnt slink anywhere.

Pritcherd is going to look pretty good in th3e dfall of 2018 when Oladipo and Sabonis are staring for us in their early 20s and Paul George is with the Lakers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm with you 100%. You know me and you and several others tried to convince Mark we should have moved Paul at trade deadline. The offers then were SIGNIFICANTLY better. We played for an 8th seed like we always do instead of having foresight to rebuild. Maybe instead of a 4-5 year rebuild we are facing now we might have been able to turn it around in a couple years. I'm not going to hate on Pritchard just yet. He was in a no win situation. He was going to look awful in this no matter what. It's why Bird slinked off so he didn't have to face the music for his several years of mistakes. It's upsetting for sure but I hope we just don't blow our cap trying for an 8th seed. Maybe move Young for draft pick....sign and trade CJ or something....but get some more young assets and take some chances on some guys that need a new location. Just don't go out blowing it on mediocre guys that can't help us.

I agree I'm so sick of the pacers screwing our future for a crappy playoff spot when we have no chance at a title we never stop and retool when we need to it's ridiculous hopefully we suck next year and get a great pick in the end

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

But you have to agree it would have been insane to trade your best player with 1 1/2 years left on his contract when we were in the playoffs.

That's something you say on a message board but nobody would ever do.

 

..and Larry Bird is still with the team. He didnt slink anywhere.

Pritcherd is going to look pretty good in th3e dfall of 2018 when Oladipo and Sabonis are staring for us in their early 20s and Paul George is with the Lakers

Just cause they start on a bad pacers team you think we won the trade? Damn you are comedy gold lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Reading trade rumors on internet doesn't mean there was any truth to any of them. I believe we can safely say offers weren't very good for a one and done player. Sounds like rotational guys and late picks.

I think Boston was conning us all along because that's what Ainge tries to do.....and he;s been successful doing it to others

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Oladipo's been a good shooting guard for 4 years..we probably got 2 starters

 

..and I what we got was better than Julius Randle and the 27th and 289th pick in the draft..

Ahhh good might be too strong for dipo. He hadn't improved his shooting much really. He needs that if he is going to be a competent 2 in this league. That said he was an AWFUL fit in OKC I knew that from the start. He is not s catch and shoot guy. He is a poor mans Westbrook honestly. Not a good fit in that offense. Problem is he isn't a fit here either. Lance and Dipo...that's good defense but neither can shoot : (  I like Sabonis fit a lot better with Myles honestly than dipo fit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Boston was conning us all along because that's what Ainge tries to do.....and he;s been successful doing it to others

He is so dead set on "winning" every deal he misses the best chance to make his team a contender. I hope he strikes out on Heyward too and has to sit and watch all his young picks move on when they all are wanting to get paid in a coupke years and he can't keep them all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Paul George isn't staying in OKC..and wasn't staying here...

 

we did well

Who cares they unloaded an awful contract in the process that alone helps their future plus they get a superstar for the year we get 2 role players lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Ahhh good might be too strong for dipo. He hadn't improved his shooting much really. He needs that if he is going to be a competent 2 in this league. That said he was an AWFUL fit in OKC I knew that from the start. He is not s catch and shoot guy. He is a poor mans Westbrook honestly. Not a good fit in that offense. Problem is he isn't a fit here either. Lance and Dipo...that's good defense but neither can shoot : (  I like Sabonis fit a lot better with Myles honestly than dipo fit. 

He's averaged 15 a game over 4 years and he's far more athletic than CJ Miles.

To say he cant shoot is not really accurate, right?  That's not what you meant to say

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Neat. Apparently Indiana is talking to George Hill.

 

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/indiana-pacers-are-interested-in-george-hill/

I don't get it.....why are we trying for an 8 seed. He is 31 with injury issues and isn't going to be as good as he once was. Let's go young and take some chances on some kids and maybe we hit on one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I don't get it.....why are we trying for an 8 seed. He is 31 with injury issues and isn't going to be as good as he once was. Let's go young and take some chances on some kids and maybe we hit on one. 

Its the pacer way it's the wrong way too but definitely the pacer way lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I don't get it.....why are we trying for an 8 seed. He is 31 with injury issues and isn't going to be as good as he once was. Let's go young and take some chances on some kids and maybe we hit on one. 

 

Well on the plus side he's an experienced veteran. Someone has to teach the young guys right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't get it.....why are we trying for an 8 seed. He is 31 with injury issues and isn't going to be as good as he once was. Let's go young and take some chances on some kids and maybe we hit on one. 

we are trying to be competitive.

That's what a franchise has to do for its fans.

What the 76ers did was a disgrace..

 

.........Hill is a good man. I would welcome him back..

..and remember..any deal we'd sign him to....would allow us to deal him to a contender

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who cares they unloaded an awful contract in the process that alone helps their future plus they get a superstar for the year we get 2 role players lmao

They did win the trade easy. They moved a contract that they didn't like...they got an all NBA rental and could even ship off PG at trade deadline if it doesn't work for say a late first or expiring deal. No doubt they won.. team getting All-star always does...but we didn't get hosed...we got a couple young guys to work with. Could been worse.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TDewar1987 said:

 

Well on the plus side he's an experienced veteran. Someone has to teach the young guys right?

That's an expensive teacher. He can play off the Ball and shoot the 3....but I don't know why we don't rebuild instead of reload with a significantly worse roster than our 7th seed last year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

They did win the trade easy. They moved a contract that they didn't like...they got an all NBA rental and could even ship off PG at trade deadline if it doesn't work for say a late first or expiring deal. No doubt they won.. team getting All-star always does...but we didn't get hosed...we got a couple young guys to work with. Could been worse.

I agree.

Obviously getting Paul George for Oladipo and Sabonis helps them next season....

 

....but he isn't staying there....because they're not winning the West without a lot more signings..

...In 2 years when we have Oladipo and Sabonis and they have nothing..who won? the deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dgambill said:

That's an expensive teacher. He can play off the Ball and shoot the 3....but I don't know why we don't rebuild instead of reload with a significantly worse roster than our 7th seed last year.

Who knows... the whole deal was sour to begin with once PG and his agent made it public that he was leaving regardless. Shot us right in the foot for any trade leverage. Getting George Hill can bring experience to the younger guys plus he's an Indy native which would attract some fans... plus he obviously was on the pacers before.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That's an expensive teacher. He can play off the Ball and shoot the 3....but I don't know why we don't rebuild instead of reload with a significantly worse roster than our 7th seed last year.

Because you cant have 15 guys under 25...and put out a competitive team....

 

Just a note: We don't know yet what our roster will be when the season starts...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TDewar1987 said:

 

Well on the plus side he's an experienced veteran. Someone has to teach the young guys right?

 

I think that is likely part of Prichard's thinking. In his book he specifically mentions that about Juwan Howard regarding the young Blazer teams.

 

The Pacers badly need some shooting now. Lance/Victor is not a good fit skill wise. Hill is probably ideal in terms of the current free agents.

 

Pacers are not going to rebuild like the 76ers have tried to do. Simon will never allow that to happen. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we are trying to be competitive.

That's what a franchise has to do for its fans.

 

What the 76ers did was a disgrace

Nobody is saying tank for 5 years. Just saying take one season and load up with young guys...sure to not win enough games so you get a lottery pick. Pair said pick Turner and young core and then use cap space to add vets and go after the playoffs. Nothing wrong with getting a lottery pick...after all that is how teams get a Lebron or Durant after all and I don't see those franchises complaining.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They did win the trade easy. They moved a contract that they didn't like...they got an all NBA rental and could even ship off PG at trade deadline if it doesn't work for say a late first or expiring deal. No doubt they won.. team getting All-star always does...but we didn't get hosed...we got a couple young guys to work with. Could been worse.

ANd got rid of a media circus PG had become

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TDewar1987 said:

Who knows... the whole deal was sour to begin with once PG and his agent made it public that he was leaving regardless. Shot us right in the foot for any trade leverage. Getting George Hill can bring experience to the younger guys plus he's an Indy native which would attract some fans... plus he obviously was on the pacers before.

We have a lot of young players and we soon will have more..

......George Hill would add stability and if he's sogn for 2 years.....he'd be valuable to a contender later in trade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Nobody is saying tank for 5 years. Just saying take one season and load up with young guys...sure to not win enough games so you get a lottery pick. Pair said pick Turner and young core and then use cap space to add vets and go after the playoffs. Nothing wrong with getting a lottery pick...after all that is how teams get a Lebron or Durant after all and I don't see those franchises complaining.

dg;

Once you tank, you cant say how long it will be.

Maybe your draft choices fail..and you cant get free agents.

...or the next Durant doesn't come along the year you tanked

 

There's nothing wrong with getting lottery pick if you didn't lose 60 games intentionally to get it.

If you did, like the 76ers.

Its a disgrace....For us to do it?  No tanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So don't pretend......we always keep talking here

 

But I did tell you we'd get players, not picks....That's how we roll

Trust me I know that's why we are constantly just outside the playoffs or an 8th seed that's called being stuck in mediocrity Mark glad that's your goal for the team good to know the pacers will never sniff a damn title atkeast the colts did Indy justice 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Because you cant have 15 guys under 25...and put out a competitive team....

 

Just a note: We don't know yet what our roster will be when the season starts...

 

Mark this isn't the NFL...most superstars are top 10 picks...rare to find some outside that. I'm not for tanking long term...but using the year as a trial to see if we could find lightening in a bottle with some young guys I'm ok. That said Boston is very competitive with majority under 25. If you have right guys all that will sort out and those young guys grow into harden Durant and Westbrook maybe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Trust me I know that's why we are constantly just outside the playoffs or an 8th seed that's called being stuck in mediocrity Mark glad that's your goal for the team good to know the pacers will never sniff a damn title atkeast the colts did Indy justice 

Would you have thrown games for 4 years in a row to get the roster the 76ers have now.?

Yes or no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Would you have thrown games for 4 years in a row to get the roster the 76ers have now.?

Yes or no?

They weren't throwing games they had injuries for one and a young team it's not like they go out and play 5 on 2 every game and if it's 4 years of our being middle of the packbor just sucking 4 years of take the sucking the 76ers now have an amazing young team to compete with once LBJ is old and slowing down 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...