Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

19 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol Lebron can now rest all of 2017-2018 season and still get the 1 seed. I thought he'd take half the year off.. unless Ainge get's off his rump Lebron literally has no competition left..

Ainge has blown it bigtime and didn't get off his rump haha. I guess he's content being second fiddle in the East, he has a million Draft picks and cant even trade them. I also think LeBron's days are done winning a Championship in Cleveland now as well. They lost out on Butler and now PG. They cant beat the Warriors with who they have. Had the Cavs got George somehow and were able to keep Love too, that would've been scary.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ainge has blown it bigtime and didn't get off his rump haha. I guess he's content being second fiddle in the East, he has a million Draft picks and cant even trade them. I also think LeBron's days are done winning a Championship in Cleveland now as well. They lost out on Butler and now PG. They cant beat the Warriors with who they have. Had the Cavs got George somehow and were able to keep Love too, that would've been scary.

If we wanted two high No.1 s, Avery Bradley (at the end of his contract) and Jae Crowder or Marcus Smart. (hopefully Jae) That deal should have been OK with Boston.

I dont know if the Cavs will be as good as they were last year.

That's an old team that is far over the salary cap

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'd be surprised if we won 30 games next year. So I guess we'll have a high draft pick next year anyway. 

..and if that's the case ...we picked up two starters and we'll have $35 mil more (Monta, Thad and Big Al should be off the books) in cap money.

But again..after every more, we assume that's it.

The season doesnt start for a few days.

..and in 12 months...Magic Johnson introduces Paul George as the newest member of the Los Angeles Lakers while we still have Oladipo and Sabonis

Edited by oldunclemark

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If we wanted two high No.1 s, Avery Bradley (at the end of his contract) and Jae Crowder or Marcus Smart. (hopefully Jae) That deal should have been OK with Boston.

I agree

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So true

9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Victor Oladipo will never be worth the 20+ million he is being paid.

Sabonis will not be a legit starter for 2-3 years. If he starts for us this year, we are definitely in rebuild mode.

Awful awful trade but once we didn't trade PG at the trade deadline this was bound to happen. No one is giving us legitimate pieces for a rental. This is the best we could do and the Pacers will now suffer for a while.

I see lots of people complaining about Oladipo's contract.

How much do you think he is worth per year?

When Oladipo came into the league in 2013 the cap was around $58 million that season. Since then it has gone up every year to 63, 70, 94, and now almost 100 million for the upcoming season.

Look at what players have been signing for since last summer. Compare that to Oladipo. I'm waiting on someone to use actual data to show that Oladipo's salary is as bad as they claim when they take the salary cap raises into consideration.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I said Dipo is ok, just very streaky. Of course at IU he was Great. I would say he is a Good NBA player but far from Very Good or Great. Sabonis has a long way to go to being even Good, his Dad was awesome. I think had we kept bugging Boston, Ainge would've caved eventually because he knows without PG they have no chance of reaching the Finals with LeBron in the way. Maybe they sign Hayward? Even if they do he isn't better than PG. I just think in the end we maybe could've been able to get Bradley and Smart instead or a future Draft pick and 1 of those guys. Bradley and Smart both are real young as well. Bradley is a better player than Dipo is and Ainge has been dangling him out there.

Trading him on the eve of FA was just stupid should have waited a lil longer and more deals would have been available KP looks bad right now some are calling this trade sad and all kinds of stuff and it's true this return is awful sure we weren't gonna get slot for PG but we sure as hell could have got better than this 

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Your words compare Oladipo to Paul George...Of course, he's not great

What player isn't streaky?

The only down side to Avery Bradley is that has only one year left on his deal and he'll want the money Oladipo gets.

The only thing for sure you know about the Celtics is that Ainge is a con man and tries to swindle other teams. We all know that. That's his 'rep' and he's proud of it.   Other than Bradley, Ainge was trying to send us guys he didn't want... You dont want Marcus Smart....You think Oladipo is streaky?>>

..and we need young players..not guys who, as we speak, are still in high school

Sabonis put in a solid first year. He wasnt in the offense at OKC for obvious reasons but they thought he was improving and he is the big strong inside guy we lack....also can shoot a bit.

//we got two players who could start...how much more did you want?

If rather pay AB than VO that's not a hard decision 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Trading him on the eve of FA was just stupid should have waited a lil longer and more deals would have been available KP looks bad right now some are calling this trade sad and all kinds of stuff and it's true this return is awful sure we weren't gonna get slot for PG but we sure as hell could have got better than this 

I don't like the trade either, I agree we could've got more. It's a great trade for OKC even if PG leaves because then they would have all kinds Cap space. OKC is going to be a dangerous team this season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

I hate this trade with a passion. That's not good value at all

Yeah, this is awful.  I think we could have easily gotten something better in return.  But it does make you wonder how many of the previous reports were true.  If we demanded to much from Boston, why would we settle for Oladipo and Sabonis here?  Not even a first round pick in there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

It's a terrible trade. Pacers should've gone rebuild and they didn't. They'll probably be good enough to make the playoffs and get swept in the first round again. Yeah that's the mark of a true franchise

Don't worry dude 90% of pacers fans know this was awful just cause a couple people here have no idea what the hell they are talking about means nothing lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

They're fine with being in absolute purgatory. Not good enough to win a championship and not bad enough to get a real good draft pick

This is what I hate the most this mentality that we can't be bad ever so we try so hard to Bevan 8 seed or better all that happens is we stay stuck in mediocrity I'd rather win 3 games and get the first pick then be a terrible 8th seed and get swept at least the 3 wind comes with a reward after 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, this is awful.  I think we could have easily gotten something better in return.  But it does make you wonder how many of the previous reports were true.  If we demanded to much from Boston, why would we settle for Oladipo and Sabonis here?  Not even a first round pick in there.

Not even a 1st round pick for a top 10 player in the world. What in the holy hell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This is what I hate the most this mentality that we can't be bad ever so we try so hard to Bevan 8 seed or better all that happens is we stay stuck in mediocrity I'd rather win 3 games and get the first pick then be a terrible 8th seed and get swept at least the 3 wind comes with a reward after 

Yep. There's nothing to gain from just barely making the playoffs with no shot at a championship

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like the trade either, I agree we could've got more. It's a great trade for OKC even if PG leaves because then they would have all kinds Cap space. OKC is going to be a dangerous team this season.

Since my team is gonna suck I'm hoping to see the Wolves and 76ers do good both are looking fantastic for the future 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They'll be the 4 seed in the West. 3 seed if the Rockets add Carmelo

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Since my team is gonna suck I'm hoping to see the Wolves and 76ers do good both are looking fantastic for the future 

Yeah it's fun rooting for teams that have stunk for a long time. I love what Minnesota is doing, Teague, Butler, Wiggins, and KAT - that is pretty good!

27 minutes ago, ar7 said:

When Oladipo came into the league in 2013 the cap was around $58 million that season. Since then it has gone up every year to 63, 70, 94, and now almost 100 million for the upcoming season.

Look at what players have been signing for since last summer. Compare that to Oladipo. I'm waiting on someone to use actual data to show that Oladipo's salary is as bad as they claim when they take the salary cap raises into consideration.

His stupid deal is all fully guaranteed and he's not that good a player for the cap he will be taking up 

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

They'll be the 4 seed in the West. 3 seed if the Rockets add Carmelo

I think right now between the Spurs/Rockets/Thunder that is looking pretty even. PG is going take a lot of pressure off of Russ. I am wondering if the Spurs will do anything big in Free Agency?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think right now between the Spurs/Rockets/Thunder that is looking pretty even. PG is going take a lot of pressure off of Russ. I am wondering if the Spurs will do anything big in Free Agency?

I'm guessing not. They re-signed Patty Mills and haven't traded Aldridge. They'll probably stay the same

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

His stupid deal is all fully guaranteed and he's not that good a player for the cap he will be taking up 

Most NBA deals are fully guaranteed.

How much money do you think he is worth based on the salary cap raises and what other players are signing for?

I have not seen one person complaining about Oladipo's salary answer that question. Everyone just throws it out there that he is overpaid without comparing his production and salary to other players signing a deal with a salary cap over $90 million.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and if that's the case ...we picked up two starters and we'll have $35 mil more (Monta, Thad and Big Al should be off the books) in cap money.

But again..after every more, we assume that's it.

The season doesnt start for a few days.

..and in 12 months...Magic Johnson introduces Paul George as the newest member of the Los Angeles Lakers while we still have Oladipo and Sabonis

Sabonis will not be a starter for a long time. Oladipo is a low end starter. We wont be winning anything any time soon. Difficult rebuild ahead.

53 minutes ago, ar7 said:

If you make 21 million dollars you at least need to be an all star. That's a lot of money no matter what the cap is. That is my expectation of him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Sabonis will not be a starter for a long time. Oladipo is a low end starter. We wont be winning anything any time soon. Difficult rebuild ahead.

He is a starter here tho! lol idk why some use that as an excuse by saying he is a starter he is only a starter on our cruddy team 

30 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Most NBA deals are fully guaranteed.

How much money do you think he is worth based on the salary cap raises and what other players are signing for?

I have not seen one person complaining about Oladipo's salary answer that question. Everyone just throws it out there that he is overpaid without comparing his production and salary to other players signing a deal with a salary cap over $90 million.

He's just a role player at most role players should not be making 21 million dollars 

30 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

If you make 21 million dollars you at least need to be an all star. That's a lot of money no matter what the cap is. That is my expectation of him.

And yet guys who are not All-Stars are getting signed in the same range as Oladipo. They make high teens/low 20s now.

Look at how many millions per year guys got last summer.....Evan Turner = 17, Evan Fournier = 17, Chandler Parsons = 23+, Ryan Anderson = 20, Allen Crabbe = 18+, Kent Bazemore = 17+. So far this summer has Jrue Holiday getting 25 and Jeff Teague 19. 

Is 21 million a year for a 25 year old guard who is athletic, can defend, and score 18 points per game really so far out of line? 

Look at what guys who made the all-star team this year signed for last summer.....DeMar Derozen = 29, Lebron = 33, Durant = 27+, Westbrook 28+, James Harden = 29+. Steph Curry just agreed to 200 over 5 years. Westbrook can get 200+ for 5 years if he wants. I believe Durant took less to sign with the Warriors last summer but he is about to get a big raise too. 30-40+ will likely become the new normal for an all-star.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

$21mil isn't that much for a starting guard

He has already been traded twice in his young career and he's a starter here but obviously the magic and thunder both wanted to upgrade but let's just ignore that part