Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

29 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hopefully this game shows the blind fans that we are nowhere near a top 4 team in the East. I'll be impressed with this team if they make the playoffs because I did not expect to get anywhere near that before the season.

I've seen too many Pacers fans overrating this team recently.

I have been watching the Pacers every since they played at the Fairgrounds. I may be old but I am not blind.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They won lmao

Yeah but the point still stands when we struggle like that at home against a 3-win team with a 9 game losing steak.

This team is overrated but I guess that is what some fans do to teams that are playing well. They play hard though. Dipo is fearless. 

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah but the point still stands when we struggle like that at home against a 3-win team with a 9 game losing steak.

This team is overrated but I guess that is what some fans do to teams that are playing well. They play hard though. Dip is fearless. 

The point is they are real young and play like a team is suppose to play. No one said they are going to win the east or a championship but they have the start of a very good team. Add a piece or two and yes they can compete with the top 5 teams in the league, not just the east.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

This team is overrated but I guess that is what some fans do to teams that are playing well. They play hard though. Dipo is fearless. 

He is amazing to watch here jumped right over a dude and scored nearly 30 again 

• Like 1

I will say that part of the reason the team came out flat for the first 3 quarters was probably the crowd not giving them that juice that usually comes at a home game.

I've been to 5 games already this year. People need to start buying tickets and supporting the team.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The point is they are real young and play like a team is suppose to play. No one said they are going to win the east or a championship but they have the start of a very good team. Add a piece or two and yes they can compete with the top 5 teams in the league, not just the east.

We need that strong SF to put us over the edge 

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I will say that part of the reason the team came out flat for the first 3 quarters was probably the crowd not giving them that juice that usually comes at a home game.

I've been to 5 games already this year. People need to start buying tickets and supporting the team.

They keep playing this good the fans will come. Also with them playing this good they will draw that big time player here as long as the owner will spend the money to make it happen.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

No one is disagreeing with this obviously. The part I bolded is what I've been seeing people say we can do this year and that is simply not true.

Adding a piece or two obviously we can. I've already changed my position from the start of the season when I thought there was no way we were making the playoffs and that is what everyone on here besides Marc said as well.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

He is a lot more clutch than PG ever was too. Hes made more clutch plays this year with us than PG did in his entire career with us

True that's why I don't get why people think PG is such a perfect player dude didn't do hardly crap his last few years here and was hardly ever clutch 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wasn't he like 1/15 on potential game winning/tying shots or something like that? 

Prolly right I'm honestly more impressed with Vic so far then I ever was with Paul. Prolly cause I had high hopes for PG and he let me down my hopes for Vic were not as high so I'm more impressed.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I remember in one of those Cavs playoffs games just a year ago when he tossed the ball to someone else to shoot a last second shot. 

He was getting double-teamed so he passed it to CJ Miles and expected to get it right back. PG wasn't clutch but he wasn't scared of the moment.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I remember in one of those Cavs playoffs games just a year ago when he tossed the ball to someone else to shoot a last second shot. 

PG is a great player, just not a leader. He plays well where he is at because he don't have to be the man.

57 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hopefully this game shows the blind fans that we are nowhere near a top 4 team in the East. I'll be impressed with this team if they make the playoffs because I did not expect to get anywhere near that before the season.

:) You sure about that?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:) You sure about that?

Struggling against the 3 win Bulls at home with rest? Yeah I'm positive.

They could get in the playoffs which is impressive in itself like I said in the post, but they cannot compete with the top teams in either conference and they won't have that kind of record.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Struggling against the 3 win Bulls at home with rest? Yeah I'm positive.

They could get in the playoffs which is impressive in itself like I said in the post, but they cannot compete with the top teams in either conference and they won't have that kind of record.

We are better than I thought we would be actually. I think we can be a 7 or 8 Seed. Maybe get a Good Draft pick and add another Good player to the Roster next season and go from there.

I think the main reason we are Good so far this season is, Dipo is basically playing like PG did last year, putting up huge numbers which I didn't expect. We basically have PG still haha .The players we have now mainly Collison, Bog, and Sabonis seem to love playing here too. They are being used properly. Lance loves it here too, that makes a difference when you play for a team that you enjoy. Makes for a great culture when you are having fun. Players give 100% as well in that type of environment. Turner is finally shaking off the cobwebs too and starting show signs of better play in spurts.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the main reason we are Good so far this season is, Dipo is basically playing like PG did last year, putting up huge numbers which I didn't expect. We basically have PG still haha .The players we have now mainly Collison, Bog, and Sabonis seem to love playing here too. They are being used properly. Lance loves it here too, that makes a difference when you play for a team that you enjoy. Makes for a great culture when you are having fun. Players give 100% as well in that type of environment. Turner is finally shaking off the cobwebs too and starting show signs of better play in spurts.

He is out playing PG here last year by an extremely large margin

35 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Why don't you think we can be top 4 in the East? The Raptors are arguably the 3rd best team behind Boston and Cleveland. We split home and home with them. I don't think it's that crazy to think we can run with Washington Milwaukee Detroit and Philly. The top 4 may be our ceiling this season but after what 24 games our record says we are right there. 

This team should continue to get better as the year progresses. Turner needs to find his groove. GR3 will be back giving us another option on the wing. Bogy is an underrated player. It looks like we have a rapidly rising star.  I see no reason we can't hang around that second tier in the east. 

That was a cold blooded 3 Dipo hit. He wants to take big shots and has the inner drive to be a special player. I think the year in OKC helped him understand what it takes to be great. 

We were caught flat tonight probably looking ahead to Friday vs Cleveland. The Bulls deserve credit they were able hit shots to stop runs throughout the second half. It seemed every time we had it down under double digits they hit a 3. We continued to fight through it closed it down on a 19-4 run to get the W. 

Let's see what it looks like Friday vs the Cavs. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Why don't you think we can be top 4 in the East? The Raptors are arguably the 3rd best team behind Boston and Cleveland. We split home and home with them. I don't think it's that crazy to think we can run with Washington Milwaukee Detroit and Philly. The top 4 may be our ceiling this season but after what 24 games our record says we are right there. 

This team should continue to get better as the year progresses. Turner needs to find his groove. GR3 will be back giving us another option on the wing. Bogy is an underrated player. It looks like we have a rapidly rising star.  I see no reason we can't hang around that second tier in the east. 

That was a cold blooded 3 Dipo hit. He wants to take big shots and has the inner drive to be a special player. I think the year in OKC helped him understand what it takes to be great. 

We were caught flat tonight probably looking ahead to Friday vs Cleveland. The Bulls deserve credit they were able hit shots to stop runs throughout the second half. It seemed every time we had it down under double digits they hit a 3. We continued to fight through it closed it down on a 19-4 run to get the W. 

Got a big one coming Friday night. Cavs have won 13 straight, I actually like our chances since it's here and they are due for a loss.

22 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think we are overachieving and teams like the Raptors, Wizards (When John Wall gets back), Pistons, Bucks and 76ers are better than us and maybe even the Heat as well. 

There were certain times last year where people thought we were going to be a top 4 seed too. I just don't believe it.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think we are overachieving and teams like the Raptors, Wizards (When John Wall gets back), Pistons, Bucks and 76ers are better than us and maybe even the Heat as well. 

There were certain times last year where people thought we were going to be a top 4 seed too. I just don't believe it.

My gut is telling me we will be an 8 Seed/maybe 7 Seed and get in as of now. The East unfortunately has really improved a lot so just getting in would be a good accomplishment after trading PG.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Optimism is blind and pessimism is accurate? Okay.

I dont think anyone can accurately tell how good we are ..all new team

Edited by oldunclemark

5 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Nobody serious says we're a Top-4 team...

Understand the message board

6 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

True that's why I don't get why people think PG is such a perfect player dude didn't do hardly crap his last few years here and was hardly ever clutch 

Its been 1/3 of a season....//nobody seriously said Paul George was a perfect player.

Understand a message board...

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Its been 1/3 of a season....//nobody seriously said Paul George was a perfect player.

Understand a message board...

Yes mark people still seriously think PG is this great 2 way player that is a league leading clutch player when in reality he isnt he is a very good role player Vic is clearly out playing him and what he did here last year and it's not even close