Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

The Rockets are just way to good to expect anything against. They'd have to have a really bad night while we have a really good night just to make the game close. I think we lose Friday to the Raptors as well and hopefully get back on track against the Knicks on Monday. 

Also I expected the Thunder to struggle and said the Rockets were clearly the second best team in the West, but I didn't expect them to start this poorly especially against the teams they're playing.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what the hell is going on with the Thunder. Still a long way to go but losing to the Magic isn't good! Lakers/Warriors all tied at 74 late in the 3rd.

Most don't realize this since all they focus on is Lonzo Ball, but the Lakers have been a top 10 defensive team all season so far. Actually top 6 all year long on defense.

If they lose this game, it's because Lakers need more scoring threats, period.........

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Most don't realize this since all they focus on is Lonzo Ball, but the Lakers have been a top 10 defensive team all season so far. Actually top 6 all year long on defense.

If they lose this game, it's because Lakers need more scoring threats, period.........

Not looking good now, Warriors up 5.

Too bad, I had a bad feeling the Lakers lose once it went to OT. Should have stolen this game at the of regulation.

It is what it is though and Lakers fans who go insane harping on this game in rage can do something very very bad that I won't say online!

Night guys, happy NBA dreams. lmao 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, Warriors win in OT! That was a great game. If the Lakers pick up any kind of big name next summer, they will be a Playoff team IMO. They have tons of Cap Space.

Oh yeah Lakers are loaded with money for next year, going to be some big moves coming.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what the hell is going on with the Thunder. Still a long way to go but losing to the Magic isn't good! Lakers/Warriors all tied at 74 late in the 3rd.

Sure you do.. You just refuse to accept that just because you add 3 big name players doesn't mean you're going to be good. Those 3 together was a recipe for disaster, especially when Melo and Westbrook don't give much, PG isn't far off either, on the defensive side of the floor.

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Teague is a fine player,,but he was so low-key ..Collison plays with more fire. Collison is better than you think he is.

But the point was..our 'hole' as far a talent and depth is at the '3'

He was much better at attacking the rim than Collison and also a better leader/distributor. He would have thrived in this offense this year. 

I still think they need to play around with Thad at the 3 and with Sabonis and Turner playing the 4 and 5. 

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sure you do.. You just refuse to accept that just because you add 3 big name players doesn't mean you're going to be good. Those 3 together was a recipe for disaster, especially when Melo and Westbrook don't give much, PG isn't far off either, on the defensive side of the floor.

lmao I figured you would chime in as you are right about them so far but lets see where they are at the All-Star Break. So far it is looking like I am wrong about them. I had no reason to believe the Thunder would struggle as Westbrook and Durant always posted great records and have went deep in the Playoffs. Heck when they Westbrook, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka they went to the Finals and all of those guys needed their touches. Even Ibaka liked to shoot.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao I figured you would chime in as you are right about them so far but lets see where they are at the All-Star Break. So far it is looking like I am wrong about them. I had no reason to believe the Thunder would struggle as Westbrook and Durant always posted great records and have went deep in the Playoffs. Heck when they Westbrook, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka they went to the Finals and all of those guys needed their touches. Even Ibaka liked to shoot.

Haha.. it's all in good fun!

Harden and Ibaka knew their roles, and Durant doesn't need to be the alpha, just like he'sshowing in Golden State. He's one of those guys who could thrive anywhere and be successful playing alongside anyone. However, Melo, and now PG, just aren't that type of player,  and especially Westbrook. There's just too much ego on that team. 

Just a prediction, but I think Cleveland is going to move Love to OKC for PG. Bron and Crowder play the "big" spots with PG playing the 3. Athletically, that would help them match up with the West a lot better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Haha.. it's all in good fun!

Harden and Ibaka knew their roles, and Durant doesn't need to be the alpha, just like he'sshowing in Golden State. He's one of those guys who could thrive anywhere and be successful playing alongside anyone. However, Melo, and now PG, just aren't that type of player,  and especially Westbrook. There's just too much ego on that team. 

Just a prediction, but I think Cleveland is going to move Love to OKC for PG. Bron and Crowder play the "big" spots with PG playing the 3. Athletically, that would help them match up with the West a lot better. 

Oh yeah it's all in fun. Hey so far you are right and I am wrong. When I am wrong I admit it. I am usually decent at predicting stuff and so far on this one I look bad haha. It is still early though but this isn't looking good I admit.

5 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He was much better at attacking the rim than Collison and also a better leader/distributor. He would have thrived in this offense this year. 

I still think they need to play around with Thad at the 3 and with Sabonis and Turner playing the 4 and 5. 

Collison fits much better on this offense actually. Nate McMillan wants to push the ball up the floor and keep pace, and Teague wants to slow down whether they run a set or not on every possession. I think they have similar talent, but Collison is a lot cheaper.

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Collison fits much better on this offense actually. Nate McMillan wants to push the ball up the floor and keep pace, and Teague wants to slow down whether they run a set or not on every possession. I think they have similar talent, but Collison is a lot cheaper.

They've been wanting to be uptempo more than just last year. The way they played last year was no different than the way they had been the last 3 or 4. I think it had less to do with Teague and more to do with PG. The half court offense they ran was better suited for PG beings the offense was built around him. The closest they got to playing like this year was Lances last season here in 2013 when he had the ball in his hands more. I agree Collison is cheaper, but I don't think the talent was that close.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this I am real happy the Pacers are doing Good. I didn't expect much out of them this season. We could make the Playoffs. The players we have play well together and seem to like playing in Indy. Dipo is awesome.

Even with them being 12-10, I still enjoy watching them. Outside of Thad and Myles, practically every other piece is "new" and they are still highly competitive. They are a few pieces away, but should continue to improve as the year goes on. I just wish we had a wing like Vic 3 years ago, when we were fighting the Heat in the ECF. I'm not sure the Heat would have lasted 6 games against us. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are getting beat by Jakob Port-O-Let, that's how they keep saying his name. He averages like 4 Points in his career and is 8-8 tonight, what a fluke. That guy probably wont make 8 shots in the next 5 games. Not our night folks when you lose to a Port-O-Let. Dipo looked Great again though, he is All-Star material.

He punked Myles and Sabonis tonight.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Teague isn't as quik as Collison and he plays so 'quietly'

Neitehr of us know but I don't think Teague would not have thrived in an uptempo style...that;s not him

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Not surprising that we dropped these two road games. Monday's game against the Knicks at home is very important for our confidence though. The Knicks will be coming off a back to back so it would be a disappointing loss.

We need to win that game. I think in the end it could come down to us and Knicks for the 8th spot.