Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

On 11/28/2017 at 9:47 PM, oldunclemark said:

CC is right...

...Its not overconfidence..its appreciation of good basketball, especially at the offensive end

Paul George is a better player than Victor Oladipo..but Victor wants to be the star of the Indiana Pacers.

PG was not comfortable in that role....Victor seems to welcome it

Collison and Lance want to be here and they have proven it,.

That's what the fans like ......

I dont think I'm being a homer when I look at two age-21 front court players who combined for about 35 and 15 a game

..and see a bright present and brighter future

Why does no one think Vic can be as good as or better then PG he was a 2nd overall pick and is playing freaking awesome ball I've already forgot about PG his random play every other game was terrible 

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

110-89...we cant make open shots and they certainly can

Did the Pacers make the shots in the first half but miss in the second? Just curious since thats what happened with the Pacers vs. the Celtics kinda. 

There is kinda of a second half thing going on thats not good with Indy teams lately.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why does no one think Vic can be as good as or better then PG he was a 2nd overall pick and is playing freaking awesome ball I've already forgot about PG his random play every other game was terrible 

Victor reminds me a little of Dwayne Wade 10 years ago

..but lets be real......Paul George is a 6-foot-9 force at both ends of the floor

• Like 1

Just now, Jules said:

Did the Pacers make the shots in the first half but miss in the second? Just curious since thats what happened with the Pacers vs. the Celtics kinda. 

There is kinda of a second half thing going on thats not good with Indy teams lately.

No,. they shot poorly all night....and they got open looks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well last time I checked D wade 10 years ago was one elite player let's not act like PG is LBJ

I said Victor reminds me of Wade....lets let the season play out...this is the best he's played

Paul George reminds me of Durant at times....

Tell the truth now..if PG said he likes the way we're playing and he wants to sign back with us and play with Oladipo and Turner and Myles and Collison..

...you telling me you wouldnt take him back ???

Edited by oldunclemark

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No,. they shot poorly all night....and they got open looks

It happens. Pacers have had some games recently where the shots fell in pretty easy, an off night is not unexpected. And you also feel the added pressure of having to keep up with the Rockets firepower. They didn't lose that bad tonight on the road.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

It happens. Pacers have had some games recently where the shots fell in pretty easy, an off night is not unexpected. And you also feel the added pressure of having to keep up with the Rockets firepower. They didn't lose that bad tonight on the road.

That's a very good point...it seems twice now that knowing the Rockets are going to throw up 30-40 3s and make a lot of them..

..that seems to puts pressure on our shooters..and they start raining bricks..

We're one of the top 3-point shooting teams in the NBA..against everybody but Houston.

Edited by oldunclemark
spell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a very good point...it has seems twice now that knowing the Rockets are gong to throw up 30-40 3s and make a lot of them..

..that seems to puts pressure on our shooters..and they start raining bricks..

We're one of the top 3-point shooting teams in the NBA..against everybody but Houston.

It is tough playing a team like the Rockets or Warriors knowing how potent they are on offense ahead of time. You feel this added pressure (especially for young teams) of knowing you have to keep up and then you can get tight.

It's like last years finals too, Cavs rolled through the east but once they got to the finals they could not out gun the Warriors and even Kyle Korver went cold.

I still think to beat these teams you need to play better defense more then anything, it's too tough to "out gun" them a lot.

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I said Victor reminds me of Wade....lets let the season play out...this is the best he's played

Tell the truth now..if PG said he likes the way we're playing and he wants to sign back with us and play with Oladipo and Turner and Myles and Collison..

Yeah I would but that still don't mean he's this league leading SF that's elite night in night out he's not better then LBJ KD Or Leonard thgats just 3 off the top of my head 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah I would but that still don't mean he's this league leading SF that's elite night in night out he's not better then LBJ KD Or Leonard thgats just 3 off the top of my head 

I cant explain what's wrong with OKC..lost by 13 to Orlando Wednesday....that's not good

20 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Victor reminds me a little of Dwayne Wade 10 years ago

..but lets be real......Paul George is a 6-foot-9 force at both ends of the floor

When he wants to be.. Paul hasn't been a 2 way player since before his injury. Just look at his last 2 years here, it was nothing but a shoot around for him each game. He shot the team out of quite a few games last year. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I cant explain what's wrong with OKC..lost by 13 to Orlando Wednesday....that's not good

Thats bad, thats really really bad. The Magic have been a train wreck lately too and easy to beat. So this is not good. Yikes.......

OKC get yo aazzes TOGETHER. Or trade someone........

They can't ride the big Warriors win forever now.

I saw this comment tonight btw on the Cavs forums by a Cleveland fan on tonights Pacers/Rockets game, just thought I would share.

Wew man. Houston is just smoking teams.

This game was closer than the final score. They didn't put the hammer down till the 4th, but Indiana has been playing well and were defending well most of the game.

But they are moving from dark horse threat to Golden State to legitimate, We Can Beat Them In Seven, threat. Again, if they end up with home court, all bets are off.

And I don't even know if I'm rooting for that or not. With our current roster we would struggle MIGHTILY in guarding Harden and Capela. Capela in particularly would be...a problem. A large problem. He's just the bigger, better, more athletic, more coordinated version of Tristan who won't shoot 45% from the line. THAT would be a situation were it be greatly beneficial to have DeAndre Jordan, I think.

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

When he wants to be.. Paul hasn't been a 2 way player since before his injury. Just look at his last 2 years here, it was nothing but a shoot around for him each game. He shot the team out of quite a few games last year. 

I think that's an exaggeration..Paul George was good defender last year and he still is.

gets a lot of deflections.........and he went head-to-head with LBJ and scored 40 on him...remember?

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Not no, but hell no. He's a poor man's Kobe (diva). He can sit on his thumb and spin out west.

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

There is only 1 ball for that team. Westbrook, PG, and Melo are nothing but stat chasers. They are the complete opposite of GS, plus their bench is absolute trash. 

They were better in OKC I think when it was just the Westbook show alone it seems.........

If it was just Westbrook and PG maybe but the Melo move kinda made me scratch my head. Cleveland fans seemed to want him but mostly because he is personal friends with Lebron James.

I wonder if somehow they end up moving PG to the Lakers in a trade early? I almost wish this could happen since the Lakers desperately need another scorer.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Thats bad, thats really really bad. The Magic have been a train wreck lately too and easy to beat. So this is not good. Yikes.......

OKC get yo aazzes TOGETHER. Or trade someone........

They can't ride the big Warriors win forever now.

I saw this comment tonight btw on the Cavs forums by a Cleveland fan on tonights Pacers/Rockets game, just thought I would share.

one hole they do have....Thad Young had what?  23 tonight..but he was scoring 2s

They play Harden at the '4' sometimes.They cant do that against the Cavs

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I think that's an exaggeration..Paul George was good defender last year and he still is.

gets a lot of deflections.........and he went head-to-head with LBJ and scored 40 on him...remember?

And what did Lebron have on him? What good is putting 40 on a guy when he does it right back to you?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I would take him back in a minute..move Bogdonavic to the second team..and we'd play the Cavs in the East finals

I'd rather not watch an athletic 6'10 guy, who used to be aggressive and attack the basket, resort to shooting half of his shots 20' and beyond. 

4 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'd rather not watch an athletic 6'10 guy, who used to be aggressive and attack the basket, resort to shooting half of his shots 20' and beyond. 

I'd rather have Paul George with the team we have now....be serious that team could win the East

What do we lack?  WE have forwards and lead guards.....We lack a  big scoring 3.Bogdonavic is a good starting 3'..but he'd be a great second team '3'

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I'd rather have Paul George with the team we have now....be serious that team could win the East

What do we lack?  WE have forwards and lead guards.....We lack a  big scoring 3.Bogdonavic is a good starting 3'..but he'd be a great second team '3'

We don't have an upper tier PG. Bogs is fine. I'd rather had kept Teague, as he would have fit into "this" team much better than last years team.

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

We don't have an upper tier PG. Bogs is fine. I'd rather had kept Teague, as he would have fit into "this" team much better than last years team.

Teague is a fine player,,but he was so low-key ..Collison plays with more fire. Collison is better than you think he is.

But the point was..our 'hole' as far a talent and depth is at the '3'