Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it's all said and done, Cavs will be the #2 Seed by seasons end lmao 

They should, the Cavs D is still crap at times but the scoring can be unreal. It would be a big upset if somehow the Cavs were not at the top of the eastern standings in several months in 2018. 

Of course I can only hope the Celtics can be at the top.

"Celtics still have not beaten anybody, I am not sold....Ernie.......I need to see them play like someone else or something." -Charles Barkley

21 minutes ago, Jules said:

Don't get political guys, but the end times are now near. It actually happened. LaVar Ball vs. Donald Trump.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21471202/us-president-donald-trump-tweets-response-lavar-ball

-omg-

*walks away quietly from this*

I mean my goodness gracious..........

Yeah Trump helps out his boy, actually doing something great and he still gets no credit. Lavar should be kissing his behind because there was a real chance those players could've done jail time and been stuck in China. Over there they take shoplifting real serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Trump helps out his boy, actually doing something great and he still gets no credit. Lavar should be kissing his behind because there was a real chance those players could've done jail time and been stuck in China. Over there they take shoplifting real serious.

You are right, those countries take these things VERY seriously. Kinda scary stuff.......

This stuff is pretty serious. I bet it distracted Lonzo too who btw walked away from a fight the other night in a game and people online acted like it was WWIII that Lonzo didn't want to get involved in a stupid court scuffle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jules said:

You are right, those countries take these things VERY seriously. Kinda scary stuff.......

This stuff is pretty serious. I bet it distracted Lonzo too who btw walked away from a fight the other night in a game and people online acted like it was WWIII that Lonzo didn't want to get involved in a stupid court scuffle. 

Yeah I still think Lonzo will end up being really Good but I cant stand his dad.

• Thanks 1

Damn you guys rolled the last few games. :thmup:

I would not even count out jumping up higher then a 7/8 playoff seed the way the east is shaping up early right now. Outside the Celtics, Cavs and Raptors nobody might show much consistency.

Raptors are already in the second spot and the Cavs the 4th (and will climb up). Pistons likely will be the ones in danger I feel but I don't want to count them out, just don't trust them yet.

Wizards are kinda weird so far and the Bucks/Knicks/76ers are all beatable and streaky.

Magic had a hot start but plummeted HARD.

Of course the Pacers have to keep winning enough games but they seem to be putting in a ton of effort this year a lot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Damn you guys rolled the last few games. :thmup:

I would not even count out jumping up higher then a 7/8 playoff seed the way the east is shaping up early right now. Outside the Celtics, Cavs and Raptors nobody might show much consistency.

Raptors are already in the second spot and the Cavs the 4th (and will climb up). Pistons likely will be the ones in danger I feel but I don't want to count them out, just don't trust them yet.

Wizards are kinda weird so far and the Bucks/Knicks/76ers are all beatable and streaky.

Magic had a hot start but plummeted HARD.

Of course the Pacers have to keep winning enough games but they seem to be putting in a ton of effort this year a lot.

Pacers don't have any SuperStars but play well together and Dipo and Turner both have All-Star potential. Pacers have a lot of Good Role players like the C's in Collison, Bogdonavic, Sabonis, Lance, and Thad - guys that play hard every possession.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers don't have any SuperStars but play well together and Dipo and Turner both have All-Star potential. Pacers have a lot of Good Role players like the C's in Collison, Bogdonavic, Sabonis, Lance, and Thad - guys that play hard every possession.

These can be my favorite kinds of teams to root for at times. I love the hard working hustle players who never quit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

These can be my favorite kinds of teams to root for at times. I love the hard working hustle players who never quit.

Pacers are better than I thought they would be but it's still early. I do like the small sample I see so far though. Dipo or Turner may make the All-Star team and our Role players are meshing beautifully.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers are better than I thought they would be but it's still early. I do like the small sample I see so far though. Dipo or Turner may make the All-Star team and our Role players are meshing beautifully.

If Vic has played great and I think he deserves an all star spot right now. It will be tough with guy's like Beal and Derozan at the 2.  

If Myles continues to play like he did tonight that bodes well for us and an All Stsr selection. His path to the team is easier. 

We should have a couple more wins then we do. I felt like this team would surprise this season. Sabonis and Bogy were undervalued at the start of the season. Both can play. Sabonis was misused in OKC. 

Bogy needed an opportunity to show what he can do. We are just starting to see it. He's a scorer not just a 3pt shooter. He has a good mid range game and can finish with both hands. The injury to GR3 provrded him the minutes to get comfortable. We didn't have any other option. His 83% ft shooting is the only thing keeping him from being 50 40 90 guy right now. He's capable of doing that. 

Myles is getting back in the swing of things. We will get GR3 back after X-mas. We should continue to get better the more we play together. 

• Like 3

About what I expected in this team.   They are a good team, but I don't think their ceiling is getting to the conference finals.   I think they may win a series in the playoffs if they get there.  They are 9th at the moment, but also close to being 4th.   Gotta hand it to the Pacers organization.   They have a competitive team almost every year in a small market and without top 5 draft picks.  They have had 1 top 5 draft pick in 30 years.   Can any other team say that?  Rik Smits in 1988.  

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And boy are they fun to watch . A young team and they are going to grow. I really think they have a good upside. Will be interesting where Robinson fits when he is back to strength.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

He might've been 100% healthy too which I'm sure was a factor. But yeah he was great last night.

Yeah he may be feeling better by the day but he definitely lacked confidence. Oladipo said he went to Turner's house to hang with him and explain how much the team needed him. That was a cool thing from Victor to do and it seems like Myles responded well to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah he may be feeling better by the day but he definitely lacked confidence. Oladipo said he went to Turner's house to hang with him and explain how much the team needed him. That was a cool thing from Victor to do and it seems like Myles responded well to it.

I saw that. Oladipo is a much better leader than PG. PG would've never done something like that.

6 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

And boy are they fun to watch . A young team and they are going to grow. I really think they have a good upside. Will be interesting where Robinson fits when he is back to strength.

That is something I have been thinking also. Hopefully he can bring some of his defensive skills with him.

I didn't even realize the Pacers played tonight, another win.O.o Wow. You all are becoming a playoff team now.

I followed the Cavs early who wiped out the Pistons. 

And I followed most of the Celtics who had a bad game vs. the Mavericks in Dallas but somehow came back and won thanks to Kyrie's 47 points.

Root for the Celtics to beat the Heat and Magic this week so the streak is on the line in Indy Saturday night.:thmup: That could be fun.

• Like 1

Pacers currently are in the playoff standings right now. Meh I might even be crazy but I think the east has some decent competition this year at times.

OMG, OKC is still only 7-9 and ranked 9th in the west.-omg-  They need to pick this up soon.........

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jules said:

Pacers currently are in the playoff standings right now. Meh I might even be crazy but I think the east has some decent competition this year at times.

OMG, OKC is still only 7-9 and ranked 9th in the west.-omg-  They need to pick this up soon.........

I still think OKC will be fine, they will figure it out. Remember when the Heat started 9-8 in 2011. Yeah as of now Pacers would be an 8 Seed but they are only a half game out of 4th. Cavs are in 4th at 10-7, we are 10-8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think OKC will be fine, they will figure it out. Remember when the Heat started 9-8 in 2011. Yeah as of now Pacers would be an 8 Seed but they are only a half game out of 4th. Cavs are in 4th at 10-7, we are 10-8.

Yeah I have to keep reminding myself of these things, but the Miami Heat had more depth I think in 2011 then the current OKC team does. But still OKC must be in the playoffs by years end and I demand it to happen. I still have hopes they can go on a hot streak sometime later. I mean with the talent they got starting.......COME ON. And yes I also think they will be a playoff team and hoping for a mid seed and not the bottom so they don't get stuck with the Warriors early.

I demand though that OKC goes on a big run eventually.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah I have to keep reminding myself of these things, but the Miami Heat had more depth I think in 2011 then the current OKC team does. But still OKC must be in the playoffs by years end and I demand it to happen. I still have hopes they can go on a hot streak sometime later. I mean with the talent they got starting.......COME ON. And yes I also think they will be a playoff team and hoping for a mid seed and not the bottom so they don't get stuck with the Warriors early.

I demand though that OKC goes on a big run eventually.

As long as OKC is playing well at the end of the season and they stay out of the Warriors bracket they will be fine. Assuming the Warriors finish #1, OKC would be fine even at #7 worse case scenario. #'s 2, 3, and 6 keep you out of that bracket as well until the WCF. Houston looks really good so far but I still I am not sold on them. MDA has always had teams that can play great in the Reg Season but they flop in the Playoffs because they play no D and rely way too much on 3's. Spurs are always dangerous but their frontline is aging, we will see once Leonard gets back if they start to roll a little.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Bog can shoot 

Yes he can. I was excited when we signed him. He's getting a chance in Indy to show there is more to his game than spotting up at the 3pt line. Of course he does a lot of that for us because he is very good at it. 

Bogy is a scorer he put up 44 points for the Nets. He has a solid mid range game and can finish at the basket with either hand. He can handle the ball and is a pretty good passer at 6'8. He rebounds better than he gets credit for too. He was the leading scorer at the Olympics in Brazil averaging 25pts while shooting 50% from the field and 45% from 3 for Croatia. He did a good bit of the ball handling for Croatia too He can play

The injury to GR3 allowed him the time to get comfortable in Indy. He didn't have battle to start at the 3 no need to look over his shoulder. He was it and that allowed him to focus on his role. Body is never going make an all defensive team but at 28 he has a bright future as a Pacer.

We are starting to see what he can do.  He's had back to  back 26pt games. He did it on just 14 & 15 field goal attempts. Tonight he chipped 7rebs and 2 steals too. Bogy is solid signing who just needed the opportunity. He's making the most of it. 

I really like this team. I'm looking forward to see how we look vs Boston and Toronto at the end of the week.

• Like 1