Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Down 22 and win!

Great victory..I don't totally understand us but Okay.

CBE..do you see exactly what we're trying to do on offense?

Just high pick and roll and create?  Its very free flow'....that fits Lance..I guess

Edited by oldunclemark

On the negative side, Myles Turner has to start playing better. Maybe it's just the conditioning from the concussion, but Sabonis goes out there every game, whether 100% or not, and plays physically.

There is no reason for Myles to be out of the game in crunch time with his rim protection ability. He has to battle with Drummond and the tougher centers in this league for boards and play more physically.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

On the negative side, Myles Turner has to start playing better. Maybe it's just the conditioning from the concussion, but Sabonis goes out there every game, whether 100% or not, and plays physically.

There is no reason for Myles to be out of the game in crunch time with his rim protection ability. He has to battle with Drummond and the tougher centers in this league for boards and play more physically.

Turner is still a bit soft tbh. Only thing holding him back from being great. He gets beaten up in the post a lot 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Great victory..I don't totally understand us but Okay.

CBE..do you see exactly what we're trying to do on offense?

Just high pick and roll and create?  Its very free flow'....that fits Lance..I guess

Not sure. I know when Lance comes in, it is more like Playground Ball and guys just have fun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO he is a 4 not a 5. I wish somehow he and Sabonis could figure out a way to play great together. Sabonis is a true 5.

We have seen it this year and it has not worked well. Thad is much better defending stretch 4s than Myles and Sabonis. Myles needs to be a 5. He has the size and rim protecting ability. He is just soft when rebounding and defending in the post.

It's just very alarming to see Myles at 100% getting outplayed by a guy who had food poisoning, missed shoot around, and almost didn't play in Sabonis. Sabonis still had more minutes than Myles even in his condition. 

Playing him at the 4 does not help. He's not fast enough. He's been kind of overrated by media and by us and he needs to step up if he wants to be here long term.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We have seen it this year and it has not worked well. Thad is much better defending stretch 4s than Myles and Sabonis. Myles needs to be a 5. He has the size and rim protecting ability. He is just soft when rebounding and defending in the post.

It's just very alarming to see Myles at 100% getting outplayed by a guy who had food poisoning, missed shoot around, and almost didn't play in Sabonis. Sabonis still had more minutes than Myles even in his condition. 

Playing him at the 4 does not help. He's not fast enough. He's been kind of overrated by media and by us and he needs to step up if he wants to be here long term.

Miles will come around. All he needs is 20 lbs. in weight. That will come with age.

The Thunder choke another game away. Don't even know why they tried giving the ball to PG for the GW shot with his history.

It looked like Carmelo was behind the 3pt line to tie the game though. They need to fix their problems late in games if they have any chance at beating the Warriors like so many proclaim.

32 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The Thunder choke another game away. Don't even know why they tried giving the ball to PG for the GW shot with his history.

It looked like Carmelo was behind the 3pt line to tie the game though. They need to fix there problems late in games if they have any chance at beating the Warriors like so many proclaim.

I said it right as they traded for PG, they'll be lucky to finish at .500. Picking up Carmelo only solidified my opinion. Their bench just might be one of the worst in the league. 

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

After thinking about it I don't think Miles has been overrated at all. last season the Pacers didn't play this style of ball and that is what he was used to. There will be times throughout the season where he will get more time and get used to the pace. Other than him being traded in a deal that would bring that star everyone's been talking about he will be an asset to this team.

• Like 1

So much for that big Philly lead. Warriors roll in the second half and win. Easy for them almost.

I thought we were on the verge of a two game losing streak by the Golden Ones but I know how quick they can come back unless they are playing the Celtics defense.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

So much for that big Philly lead. Warriors roll in the second half and win. Easy for them almost.

I thought we were on the verge of a two game losing streak by the Golden Ones but I know how quick they can come back unless they are playing the Celtics defense.

The Golden one's flipped the switch, erased a 22 point lead like it was nothing.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Golden one's flipped the switch, erased a 22 point lead like it was nothing.

I sometimes call them the Golden One's. lmao They kinda are.

I know the Warriors have this third quarter thing going on where they go on a surge usually.

Warriors are still the same old Warriors with the killer scoring outside of the Celtics game. Curry ended this game with 35 points tonight.

• Like 1

Another game that looked interesting to me, Mavericks beat the Bucks. wow.........Bucks only had 79 points. 

Cavs are starting to climb up now at 9-7 and some wins recently and taking some form again in the east as we all expected. Lebron is still Lebron.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Another game that looked interesting to me, Mavericks beat the Bucks. wow.........Bucks only had 79 points. 

Cavs are starting to climb up now at 9-7 and some wins recently and taking some form again in the east as we all expected. Lebron is still Lebron.

When it's all said and done, Cavs will be the #2 Seed by seasons end lmao