Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Partying After Sb Loss

chad72

lol.....ur on a roll today

Happy Days in the IndyTrav household. The season started off bad, but ended about as well as it could! Gotta be in good spirits about that!

But seriously, look at Gronkowski in that pic. Dude is a mountain. Im not sure I would ever even get away from the mirror in order to show off my body, I'd be lost in my own pecks.

If I had an NFL body, I'd probably be shirtless at all times. Funerals, Weddings, Parent/Teacher Conferences, would all be reasons to oil up and go shirtless. but thats just me.

LOL, man +1 :)

It does explain Gronk but Matt Light too in the same vein??? :)

Why....? I dont know but if the Colts partied after the 2009 loss I'd be ticked. Just my opinion.

Yea, I could see partying a week or two later with some teammates in celebration of a great season. But right afterward....? That seems kinda confused and misguided. Even if they did feel like cutting loose, don't do it publicly. It sends the wrong message for sure.

If I had an NFL body, I'd probably be shirtless at all times. Funerals, Weddings, Parent/Teacher Conferences, would all be reasons to oil up and go shirtless. but thats just me.

I guess that depends on which type of NFL body you are talking about....If you were like one of them "chubby" o-line d-line dudes I doubt I'd be sprouting around without a shirt...think of Wilfork lol

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Eagles lost in the playoffs and a lot of them were joking around with the other team? I forget who they played, but I distinctly remember a number of them (Asante Samuel comes directly to mind) jumping around and laughing and having fun literally right on the field after a playoff loss.

Well, if the Patriots players cannot party...........the I guess none of the NFL players other than the Giants should have.

These are young men........I think it's fine.

Yea but within a few hours of letting down your fans? How many Pats fans were partying late into the night? It's no big deal to me, however. I can see why they wanted to blow off steam, but to do so publicly seemed a bit of an affront to the fans whom were heartsick.

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Eagles lost in the playoffs and a lot of them were joking around with the other team? I forget who they played, but I distinctly remember a number of them (Asante Samuel comes directly to mind) jumping around and laughing and having fun literally right on the field after a playoff loss.

I took that as just good sportsmanship. I see how the fans might be bothered though.

A little clarification on this:

1. This was a By Invite only Party thrown by Robert Kraft

2. Gronk was there with his Brothers who probably did all the could get him drunk

3. As a Pats fan I am not upset over this, as BB said best get away and forget about it for now and get back to work in a few weeks.

I personally tired of the media making stories out of nothing, this with the Giselle yelling something off the cuff at Giant fans razzing her IMMEDIATLY after the game. (I bet insulting her husband) Wow like none of us done that to fans being jerks to us after they win lol.

2. Gronk was there with his Brothers who probably did all the could get him drunk

3. As a Pats fan I am not upset over this, as BB said best get away and forget about it for now and get back to work in a few weeks.

I personally tired of the media making stories out of nothing, this with the Giselle yelling something off the cuff at Giant fans razzing her IMMEDIATLY after the game. (I bet insulting her husband) Wow like none of us done that to fans being jerks to us after they win lol.

I can see both sides...as a fan Id like to think that they were as depressed as I was after the game ended...and on the other hand, I equate it to like when you get dumped or lose your job or have a bad day and your buddies want to take you out to get your mind off it...and i cant fault them for that.

Yea but within a few hours of letting down your fans? How many Pats fans were partying late into the night? It's no big deal to me, however. I can see why they wanted to blow off steam, but to do so publicly seemed a bit of an affront to the fans whom were heartsick.

I took that as just good sportsmanship. I see how the fans might be bothered though.

they didnt let their fans down. had a great year, didnt finish it. season was over party all you want. if this was footage from the night before the game i'd be upset. they are humans, they are allowed to relax once in a while. i'm pretty sure the players on that team were all upset about the loss. it doesnt mean they all have to go back to their rooms and sulk for 48 hours.

This actually changes my opinion some.

Fans reaction to this just shows fans care way to much about sports. To most of the players this is their job and their job is over and they are moving on with their lives. Fans want to know the players care as much as they do to justify their insantity when it comes to sports.

How many of us after a horrible day meet their friends at a bar to have a few drinks?

I love sports, I have played sports all my life, and my wife even jokes that she gets her husband back now that the season is over, but when I start getting upset over players going to a party after the game then I knew I am starting to care to much.

Hearing Mike Golic discuss this helped clarify it for me quite a bit. He talked about how many of these guys will never be teammates again, which really brought some understanding to me. My work moved to Oklahoma last year and after our last day we had a huge bash to say goodbye, many people got carried out by loved ones from all the drinking. I equated it to that. We weren't celebrating what had just happened, but rather we were reflecting on the years we spent together and letting it all out.

A little clarification on this: 1. This was a By Invite only Party thrown by Robert Kraft 2. Gronk was there with his Brothers who probably did all the could get him drunk 3. As a Pats fan I am not upset over this, as BB said best get away and forget about it for now and get back to work in a few weeks. I personally tired of the media making stories out of nothing, this with the Giselle yelling something off the cuff at Giant fans razzing her IMMEDIATLY after the game. (I bet insulting her husband) Wow like none of us done that to fans being jerks to us after they win lol.
to add a little more perspective..... the party involved the players getting up on stage with Kraft offering toasts to him and the family celebrating a great season and vowing to get back to this game again. matt light got up there and told the fans not to get down, they will be back. adding my own opinion but i'm sure they entered the party very down, once the toasts got going and people picked each other up it got festive. as it should. its easy for people to look at a still shot on TMZ and say the players are partying after a loss?????

Fans reaction to this just shows fans care way to much about sports. To most of the players this is their job and their job is over and they are moving on with their lives. Fans want to know the players care as much as they do to justify their insantity when it comes to sports.

How many of us after a horrible day meet their friends at a bar to have a few drinks?

I love sports, I have played sports all my life, and my wife even jokes that she gets her husband back now that the season is over, but when I start getting upset over players going to a party after the game then I knew I am starting to care to much.

This... couldn't have said it better.

In my mind, this puts a little perspective on the situation. Yes, they lost the Super Bowl. And yes, football is big business and makes a lot of people very wealthy.

But you know what?

At the end of the day... it's still just a game, win or lose.