Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

N.O. having trouble moving Cooks?

They reportedly turned down the Pats 32nd overall pick.  I can't recall, but I think there was a team in the teens that offered them their first as well, maybe the Titans?  If they're having trouble moving him, it's on them, IMO.  He's not AJ Green or Julio. 

Just now, CheezyColt said:

They reportedly turned down the Pats 32nd overall pick.  I can't recall, but I think there was a team in the teens that offered them their first as well, maybe the Titans?  If they're having trouble moving him, it's on them, IMO.  He's not AJ Green or Julio. 

Titans have the #18 pick, in addition to the #5 pick...so it was likely them. If I was the Saints, I would jump all over that.

1 minute ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

There was also talk about them swapping 1sts (#5 for #11) as part of the negotiations. 

So basically swap your 1st round setup for TENN's 1st round setup...for the cost of Brandin Cooks? Sign me up. 

Just makes me wish that Dorsett wasn't such a bum...and then maybe Ballard could get in on something like that.

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

So basically swap your 1st round setup for TENN's 1st round setup...for the cost of Brandin Cooks? Sign me up. 

Just makes me wish that Dorsett wasn't such a bum...and then maybe Ballard could get in on something like that.

Not sure if it was both 1st rounders. Just heard rumors that the Saints were asking about swapping #5 for #11, with the assumption that some other picks would be involved, without specifying which ones. 

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Im also in the camp that believes that a lot of Dorsett's issues are that he isnt being properly used in the offense, and that if the play calling actually played to his strengths then he would be much improved. 

That being said, if Dorsett was a much better player, we wouldnt be shopping him. The fact that we made a play for Jeffery makes me think Ballard wants more weapons on offense. If we had another stud at WR we wouldnt be very quick to let him go. 

33 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

If they are turning down offers like that then their trouble moving him is their problem.  I'm honestly surprised they where offered picks that high for him.  

Why are they trying to trade him in the first place?

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

If they are turning down offers like that then their trouble moving him is their problem.  I'm honestly surprised they where offered picks that high for him.  

Why are they trying to trade him in the first place?

Because they dont overly need him with the depth they have at the position (Thomas, Snead, Coleman). Also they cant afford to pay him once his contract comes up next year. Get as much as you can for him while you can. 

Chances are they are just waiting to see if someone bites on a higher deal before they make a move. Titans and Pats are both interested and the Saints are hoping someone blinks and pulls the trigger before the other does. 

Dorsett and Cooks aren't close to each other value wise. 

Cooks is a 1000 yard receiver and can be a no.1 in the right system. Just haven't found the right buyer yet. 

Dorsett has little to no trade value value right now.