Trade back with Oakland, sending our 1st for their 1st and 2nd

Round 1: Taco Charlton DE, Michigan

Round 2: Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

Round 2: Jarrad Davis ILB, Florida

Round 3: Jourdan Lewis CB, Michigan

Round 4: Tyus Bowser OLB, Houston

Round 5: Josh Reynolds WR, Texans A&M

Round 6: Joe Mathis DE, Washington

If Ben Boulware goes undrafted, I'd like the Colts to get him.

Went with a defensive heavy draft.

Thoughts on the mock?

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

Solid if you add some secondary help. I think Jourdan Lewis goes earlier than that but I really like the guy. He's gonna be a great slot corner.

Hoping Green steps us big this year and Geathers/Davis stay healthy

I'm not that high on Taco but he has potential. 

Mccaffrey, Davis, and Lewis would all be steals at those spots. I'd love to have all of them

If we could have an offseason like this I would be one very very happy Colts fan!

1 hour ago, SP_21 said:

I'm not that high on Taco but he has potential. 

Mccaffrey, Davis, and Lewis would all be steals at those spots. I'd love to have all of them

If we could have an offseason like this I would be one very very happy Colts fan!

I'm hoping McCaffrey slides to our 2. I think he'll be a stud but we can't pick him in the 1st due to other needs

Not bad, but I can come up with some improvements. CB should be a little more addressed other than just Jourdan Lewis.

For free agency...

I'd sign OG Kevin Zeitler instead of Austin Pasztor.

I'd sign OLB Nick Perry over Melvin Ingram

I'd sign back Butler instead of Adams

I'd release CB Patrick Robinson

For the Draft...

1st - I'd trade down with Denver for their 1st, 2nd (My pick here is CB Marshon Lattimore)

2nd - I'd trade back up to the early 2nd to snag either OLB Charles Harris or Takk McKinley -Gave up 3rd

2nd(via trade) - CB Jourdan Lewis (Can start at nickel right away)

4th - RB Kareem Hunt (One of my favorite mid round RBs)

4th(comp) - FS John Johnson (I like his tape and he seems to have good range for a FS which we need)

5th - RB Jamaal Williams (Doesn't hurt to have 2 talented RBs so they don't wear down)

6th - ILB Jalen Reeves Maybin (Needs to add some muscle to take on blockers better, but could be another later round steal)

Key UDFAs - OLB Joe Mathis, Best Punter available, ILB Ben Boulware,

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Not bad, but I can come up with some improvements. CB should be a little more addressed other than just Jourdan Lewis.

For free agency...

For the Draft...

1st - I'd trade down with Denver for their 1st, 2nd (My pick here is CB Marshon Lattimore)

2nd - I'd trade back up to the early 2nd to snag either OLB Charles Harris or Takk McKinley -Gave up 3rd

4th(comp) - FS John Johnson (I like his tape and he seems to have good range for a FS which we need)

5th - RB Jamaal Williams (Doesn't hurt to have 2 talented RBs so they don't wear down)

6th - ILB Jalen Reeves Maybin (Needs to add some muscle to take on blockers better, but could be another later round steal)

After the release of Sam Shields Im not sure GB gives up Perry. They have a good chunk of cap space and dont really go after other teams free agents. They stick to resigning their own talent first and foremost. I dont think Perry (Or Lang for that matter) hit the open market. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

After the release of Sam Shields Im not sure GB gives up Perry. They have a good chunk of cap space and dont really go after other teams free agents. They stick to resigning their own talent first and foremost. I dont think Perry (Or Lang for that matter) hit the open market. 

Yeah, I agree, I don`t see Perry leaving GB and believe he will get tagged. Personally, I`d rather have Ingram and the Chargers may have issues retaining him. Ingram not only gets sacks, but creates a lot of fumbles. He has become my number one FA of choice for the Colts. 

8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

For free agency...

For the Draft...

I do not think Perry is or would be a better pick-up then Ingram.  So I would stick with Ingram.  Also, for the price tag in FA I like the Pasztor addition because he will not break the bank like Zeitler and I doubt Cincy lets him go/or we sign him for that type of money. 

Your draft would be nice but a top-10 player in Lattimore likely wont be there for our 14/15th pick let alone trading back for him.  Plus I just do not see the need for drafting 2 RB's if you keep Turbin and still have Gore.  We can pick one who looks promising and if he does not pan out you can look with future picks/FA.

Also, with CB being an issue with depth I do not see Robinson getting cut.  I could see Ballard drafting depth and hopefully a replacement but not thinning the position right away.

On 2/8/2017 at 10:45 PM, BProland85 said:

For free agency...

For the Draft...

I'd keep P-Rob, sign Ingram over Perry, Lattimore goes top 7, don't like the 2 RBs in the draft

On 2/9/2017 at 4:42 AM, MPStack said:

Yeah, I agree, I don`t see Perry leaving GB and believe he will get tagged. Personally, I`d rather have Ingram and the Chargers may have issues retaining him. Ingram not only gets sacks, but creates a lot of fumbles. He has become my number one FA of choice for the Colts. 

Only issue is that Ingram is 28.

43 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You think 28 is old? I`d say he`s in his prime and would be well worth signing to a 4 Year contract. 

Yes i see those FF and a nice number of passes defended.  VG on paper for sure!
 Usually FA are not the same player in year one with their new team.

But we will also be in year one of a total rebuild of our D so that isn`t the biggest deal.
  Now paying him 12 -14 M for that year...  considerably more with the bonus. Hmmm!
   He would be 29, 30, 31 as we are hopefully set up to be real contenders again.  And our GM says?

21 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yes i see those FF and a nice number of passes defended.  VG on paper for sure!
 Usually FA are not the same player in year one with their new team.

But we will also be in year one of a total rebuild of our D so that isn`t the biggest deal.
  Now paying him 12 -14 M for that year...  considerably more with the bonus. Hmmm!
   He would be 29, 30, 31 as we are hopefully set up to be real contenders again.  And our GM says?

Fair enough!

11 hours ago, MPStack said:

You think 28 is old? I`d say he`s in his prime and would be well worth signing to a 4 Year contract. 

It's just that his time to be dominant might have passed him by already. Besides QBs, it's rare to see a guy take off at 30. At 30 most guys are slowing down. The rate exceptions are guys like Fitzgerald, Peterson, and others.

Really nice job.

Top to bottom. I agree on the cuts. The resignings would be great but I think Jack Doyle gets more than that from either us or someone else (trending towards someone else). His figures from last year will catch attention.

Love Ingram, might give him a bit more of that cap surplus you've left yourself with though. Like Williams, contract is pretty much spot on. Zach Brown is great but I think he gets a couple more years and some more of your surplus to bring the average up to about 8ish mil per, that puts him around the same area as Daryl Washington from Arizona. Pasztor is an okay signing. I might even look at Luke Joeckel as well/instead. Has the physicals and a good Oline coach and a better overall offense could do wonders for him.

The trade works out nicely, and it's one that I would be in favour of taking.

I like Taco here. I don't like him at #14, but I like him at #24. Hell of an athlete, size, length and pass-rushing ability. Has to get better against the run but I think a move to OLB would help a lot. I don't think he has the nasty for an inside role in the NFL although he could bump inside on obvious passing downs. His inconsistency is what bugs me about taking him at #14. But the coaches and defensive veterans should be able to get the best out of him.

Love McCaffrey if he's here. He gives you a lot of options on the offensive end for creative plays and definitely helps to take the strain off of Gore. McCaffrey I don't think will ever be a bellcow due to his not exactly ideal size, but I think he could be a 15-20 touch player. His ceiling is Darren Sproles style production. Love, love, love that pick.

I really like Jarrad Davis next to Zach Brown. I think they complement each other really well. Davis is the speedy, sideline to sideline coverage LB that I love. My only issue with this is that I think Davis is trending into the first round. A good replacement might be Anthony Walker Jr from Northwestern. Very similar players. I think he's an ever so slightly poorer man's version of Jarrad.

Jourdan Lewis is awesome, one of my favourite players in the draft at any position. Good in coverage, can play in run support and plays with a swagger. If he was 2 inches taller and added 10lbs, he's a first rounder. I think Jourdan's lack of ideal size will drop him to the 2nd but I think him falling to the 3rd is a big ask to the Draft Gods. Someone like Fabian Moreau might be a good option here. Although the CB rankings are going to differ from scout to scout due to the quality and depth of the class.

I'm a fan of Bowser, I think a lot of other people will be post combine and pro days. Big, athletic with big-time upside. I think he's a great pickup in the 4th.

Josh Reynolds is an interesting one. He's a big kid but doesn't really have a big kid frame. I'd like him to hit the weights a bit more to give him more functional strength to mismatch corners in the redzone. Early on he's a vertical threat and a big red zone weapon. But if he develops he could be very good. Another guy I like in the late round is Ryan Switzer from UNC, he's pretty much the anti-Reynolds though.

I think Mathis is another good pick if he's there. I'm still seeing some people list him as a UDFA but I think his upside gets him drafted in the 5th-ish. Post combine and pro-days we will know a lot more.

I'd love to get Ben Boulware as a UDFA, and if we had a 7th round pick, I think he'd be a great candidate, but I think he will get drafted late on. He's at the very least got big time special teams appeal in him with a look to develop as a serviceable ILB.

Overall, really well thought out. One of the best I've seen in fact. I think your only issues are giving up some of that cap surplus to bolster your FA signings. And a few small slotting issues that post-combine may well completely change anyway. 

Really nice work :thmup: 

I'm really loving Taco Charlton. I dont think he'd be there at 24, he might not even be at 14/15. He's definitely passing guys like takk, Derek, and Charles. 6'6 athletic, strong at the point of attack, and has developed pass moves. Dont get the concern about him against the run, he penetrates and disrupts in multiple games throughout this year. He's got Chandler Jones written all over him IMO, you dont risk the trade back