Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Championship: Steelers at Patriots Game Thread

Luck is Good

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

They do win without doing it, but the officiating was so blatantly one sided all game. Like that ridiculous non fumble that Brady clearly fumbled, what an awful call. 

Yeah I get that but I just think NE is vastly superior to pretty much every team in the NFL. They do get some favorable calls their way but those don't have as much of an impact on the game as their skill does

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Ok I'm not singling you out but why is it that people just can't admit that the Patriots win football games without accusing them of cheating or having the refs in their back pocket? I get we as Colts fans dislike them but man everything is not given to them. They are a well oiled machine that plays fundamentally sound football  game in and game out

Because for the past 12 years I've seen some of the worst officiated games and most questionable things iv ever seen in my 20+ years of watching the NFL.

If you didn't notice the Pats corners tugging literally every single play, the 3 chop blocks that went uncalled, the blatant pass interference calls missed, the miraculous non fumble that was a fumble but didn't have a clear recovery even though someone came out of pile with it... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's not just this game it is literally every playoff game I've watched of the Pats these past 12ish years.  No one denies they are extremely well coached.  The issue is when that well coached team gets into the playoffs and the refs ensure that they make no mistake even though they do.  It's an unfair advantage.  Also it's not just the Pats there are a couple other teams that get the "special treatment" but those teams aren't as well coached as the Pats so it isn't as noticeable.

Yeah I get that but I just think NE is vastly superior to pretty much every team in the NFL. They do get some favorable calls their way but those don't have as much of an impact on the game as their skill does

how come they've only won one title in 10 years?     Just asking.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Because for the past 12 years I've seen some of the worst officiated games and most questionable things iv ever seen in my 20+ years of watching the NFL.

If you didn't notice the Pats corners tugging literally every single play, the 3 chop blocks that went uncalled, the blatant pass interference calls missed, the miraculous non fumble that was a fumble but didn't have a clear recovery even though someone came out of pile with it... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's not just this game it is literally every playoff game I've watched of the Pats these past 12ish years.  No one denies they are extremely well coached.  The issue is when that well coached team gets into the playoffs and the refs ensure that they make no mistake even though they do.  It's an unfair advantage.  Also it's not just the Pats there are a couple other teams that get the "special treatment" but those teams aren't as well coached as the Pats so it isn't as noticeable.

And if you can't notice that NE is vastly superior to Pittsburgh, I don't know what to tell you. Look, I understand they get away with some things during games that shouldn't happen. Yes they get some special treatment pretty much on a game by game basis (the other team is the Packers). Love Aaron Rodgers but he definitely benefits from special treatment at times like Brady. But that's just how it goes man. I don't like it but certain teams get the benefit of the doubt. That happens in NFL and NBA on a yearly basis

And if you can't notice that NE is vastly superior to Pittsburgh, I don't know what to tell you. Look, I understand they get away with some things during games that shouldn't happen. Yes they get some special treatment pretty much on a game by game basis (the other team is the Packers). Love Aaron Rodgers but he definitely benefits from special treatment at times like Brady. But that's just how it goes man. I don't like it but certain teams get the benefit of the doubt. That happens in NFL and NBA on a yearly basis

It should not be that way and you should not accept that. I stopped watching the NBA because I thought some teams got special treatment.  I have not gone back. If this continues I may stop watching the NFL. And I love NFL football.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Please tell me where they are superior besides QB?  Pit has a way way more athletic and more talented LB corp.  they arguably have a better Dline (that's without their best defensive player in Heyward) the Pats have better corners for sure.  The safeties are a wash with a lean to NE.  Pats have the better coach and receivers pit has the better oline and RB.  

So again how are they "vastly superior"?  Fact is this game is way way closer when the NE offense gets 3 drives stalled out by 15 yard penalties and Pit gets what like every drive extended because of holding.  This game looks so much different if the refs actually do their job instead of ensure a team looks flawless.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

how come they've only won one title in 10 years?     Just asking.

Didn't execute when it mattered. And my post was referring to this year but I can see why you thought I meant over an extended period of time. NE has been the most successful NFL franchise in the 21st century and it's not even close. It's almost a guarantee every single year that they win at least 12 games, win the division and get to at least the conference championship game. This was their sixth straight AFC championship game. That's insane. And it's their 11th in the Brady/Belichick Era. Look, I don't like them but we have to give credit where credit is due

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

It should not be that way and you should not accept that. I stopped watching the NBA because I thought some teams got special treatment.  I have not gone back. If this continues I may stop watching the NFL. And I love NFL football.

And that would be a shame because you are a very knowledgeable fan. We need you around here.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't accept that but that's how it goes with professional sports, especially NFL and NBA. it's just reality

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Please tell me where they are superior besides QB?  Pit has a way way more athletic and more talented LB corp.  they arguably have a better Dline (that's without their best defensive player in Heyward) the Pats have better corners for sure.  The safeties are a wash with a lean to NE.  Pats have the better coach and receivers pit has the better oline and RB.  

So again how are they "vastly superior"?  Fact is this game is way way closer when the NE offense gets 3 drives stalled out by 15 yard penalties and Pit gets what like every drive extended because of holding.  This game looks so much different if the refs actually do their job instead of ensure a team looks flawless.

Well I've been on record saying I don't believe Pittsburgh is that good a football team. Yes they do have talent but I don't think they maximize it at all. Refs do need to be better at their job but I don't think that would've changed anything tonight. Steelers defense was trash from the very beginning

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Well I've been on record saying I don't believe Pittsburgh is that good a football team. Yes they do have talent but I don't think they maximize it at all. Refs do need to be better at their job but I don't think that would've changed anything tonight. Steelers defense was trash from the very beginning

Listening way to much to the media will give you that perspective. They are far from trash.  Their Dline is top 5, their linebackers are top 5 and their DBs are on the top 15 and rising with rookies.

Just now, Surge89 said:

Listening way to much to the media will give you that perspective. They are far from trash.  Their Dline is top 5, their linebackers are top 5 and their DBs are on the top 15 and rising with rookies.

Well they didn't play like it tonight. And that's because of the QB they were playing against

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Congrats...you guys just own the AFC. Great team you have there. Good luck in a couple weeks. Forgive me if I cheer for Atlanta..it would be nice if Brady to share the wealth...besides he is out of fingers...well on that hand at least lol.

Thanks man ... We had the bounces go our way tonight also.  We are relatively healthy save for gronk, sucks that bell went out for the Steelers, AFC a tad weak this year, so we were able to hold serve and win

I like ATL and as much as I want the pats to win, I will be happy if the falcons win

I

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

But it should mean something to you...and to me...and to all those watching football. 

It does mean something to me. I've told you I don't like how it's operated. But if the commissioner wants it a certain way, it's gonna happen that certain way

Just now, NFLfan said:

@buffalo34 We need you here in 2 weeks. 

I watched a few episodes of Monk over the game....watching the Patriots in the playoffs takes 10 years out of my life.

All I know was I got a notification saying Bell left the game in the first quarter. Because why not? What else can fall in the Patriots' lap? Ryan and Jones slip on ice or something an hour before the game?

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Well they didn't play like it tonight. And that's because of the QB they were playing against

Thats what happens when olineman can chop block and push defenders in the back... the minute Hargrave threw that olineman like a doll they engaged and hit his knees the rest of the game... 

3 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Thats what happens when olineman can chop block and push defenders in the back... the minute Hargrave threw that olineman like a doll they engaged and hit his knees the rest of the game... 

I don't disagree man. They get away with some stuff. Them and the Packers are the two teams on the receiving end of most benefit of the doubt calls

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Did you hear his post game address to the crowd?  

I refused to watch the postgame. So, I did not see it.

About a year or so ago, he came across to me as having some cognitive impairment. I would not be surprised. He is up in age.