AFC Championship: Steelers at Patriots Game Thread

Luck is Good

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because it's the Patriots where goofy things always happen. Like tonight for example, James has a TD gets stopped at the inch line and they cant even score. Because Brady has been to 100 SB's it seems and Matt Ryan hasn't been in any. Watch, the Pats will get every borderline break in that game that will result in some sort of 7-10 point swing. They do it against everyone except the Giants or against Peyton.

I hear you. I am so tired of the Patriots.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Is that what they call it.....  magic....???    

Grams this is a family board lol. But honestly that is why you get home field advantage. Big turn around. 3 for NE now a two score lead and Pittsburg was already in Fg range. Tough break but that's why the regular season means so much.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  if he did Pittsburgh would have been given the ball

I'm pretty sure he announced over the microphone, before the review, "Clear Pittsburgh recovery." That's why the announcers are so confused.

And for clarity, I'm pretty sure I heard it too. I was on a separate tab so I wasn't watching, but I'm pretty positive I heard it.

Just now, nburgmei said:

I'm pretty sure he announced over the microphone, before the review, "Clear Pittsburgh recovery." That's why the announcers are so confused.

That's what the Steelers were challenging.  They felt it was a fumble with a clear recovery.  There was no clear recovery in any replay I saw

No,  if he did Pittsburgh would have been given the ball

Even the announcers said the ref said Steelers recovered it down on the field. The head umpire just said the call on the field stands...call on field was NO FUMBLE...not no clear recovery...if they said that their would be no reason to challenge...duh!

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It was a fumble.  No clear recovery,  it goes back to the offense.   Happens every week

Incorrect.  When someone fumbles and there's a pile the team who comes up with the ball usually gets it.  Happens every week.  But in NE it doesn't matter that the 2 initial refs said Pit recovery it only matters what the head ref says after the play is over and of course he didn't see.

Just now, dgambill said:

Even the announcers said the ref said Steelers recovered it down on the field. The head umpire just said the call on the field stands...call on field was NO FUMBLE...not no clear recovery...if they said that their would be no reason to challenge...duh!

How can they the Steelers recover a ball that wasn't fumbled.  The ref just said what the Steelers were challenging,  not what just happened

How can they the Steelers recover a ball that wasn't fumbled.  The ref just said what the Steelers were challenging,  not what just happened

Easy... because the first 2 refs saw fumble and said Pit recovered.  The head judge came in and said no fumble...

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's what the Steelers were challenging.  They felt it was a fumble with a clear recovery.  There was no clear recovery in any replay I saw

I don't get that because the refs on the field said it was a Pittsburg recovery. Obviously they came out with the ball as well. To me no clear recovery is nobody bothered to pick it up or if it wasn't recovered clearly in bounds or multiple guys both have it. Clearly Pittsburg came out with it....they recovered it. It's not just this call but all of them. It's a bad rule.