AFC Championship: Steelers at Patriots Game Thread

Luck is Good

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Because for the past 12 years I've seen some of the worst officiated games and most questionable things iv ever seen in my 20+ years of watching the NFL.

If you didn't notice the Pats corners tugging literally every single play, the 3 chop blocks that went uncalled, the blatant pass interference calls missed, the miraculous non fumble that was a fumble but didn't have a clear recovery even though someone came out of pile with it... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's not just this game it is literally every playoff game I've watched of the Pats these past 12ish years.  No one denies they are extremely well coached.  The issue is when that well coached team gets into the playoffs and the refs ensure that they make no mistake even though they do.  It's an unfair advantage.  Also it's not just the Pats there are a couple other teams that get the "special treatment" but those teams aren't as well coached as the Pats so it isn't as noticeable.

Logan Ryan's stupid *** can literally hug WRs and he never once gets called for interference guy never ever even looks at the ball 

1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

Because for the past 12 years I've seen some of the worst officiated games and most questionable things iv ever seen in my 20+ years of watching the NFL.

If you didn't notice the Pats corners tugging literally every single play, the 3 chop blocks that went uncalled, the blatant pass interference calls missed, the miraculous non fumble that was a fumble but didn't have a clear recovery even though someone came out of pile with it... then I'm not sure what to tell you.

It's not just this game it is literally every playoff game I've watched of the Pats these past 12ish years.  No one denies they are extremely well coached.  The issue is when that well coached team gets into the playoffs and the refs ensure that they make no mistake even though they do.  It's an unfair advantage.  Also it's not just the Pats there are a couple other teams that get the "special treatment" but those teams aren't as well coached as the Pats so it isn't as noticeable.

Not a single penalty was called on either team until the 3rd quarter. Are you seriously claiming that for more than half the game, only the Patriots committed penalties that weren't being called? Come on...that's ridiculous.

12 hours ago, Surge89 said:

The refs did not call much of anything on EITHER side in last nights game, they let them play football. (I want say was like 6 total penalties called) both sides got away with a lot.

as for the Brady fumble, per the announcers the rule is if there is not a clear recovery on video the ball stays with the offensive team. It is trying get the tugging and fighting out of the pile with this rule. (I don't like it either but it's the rule.)

i think its hillarious you spotted all the Pats miscues missed but missed like the 3-4 PI on Pitt that were missed as well as numerous holding calls etc. 

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

how come they've only won one title in 10 years?     Just asking.

Why did the colts onky win one title in Manning entire career? It isn't easy getting there and even harder to win it. Being 4-2 pretty damn good, and this year they brought a D with them.

I haven't read through every entry in this thread yet so, I will apologize in advance if someone else has already said this...

When Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams ran into the end zone on their 1st touchdown, didn't he use the ball like a music conductor's wand similar to a prop warranting a penalty for excessive celebration? Why wasn't a flag thrown by the refs? 

I know spinning the ball like a top is deemed okay, but Williams used the football as a wand prop as he bowed. 

23 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Wow, that run by Blount was amazing!

I'll bet Mike Tomlin is wishing or at least 2nd guessing that decision to cut him in the back of his mind now.

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

Congrats on the win. Honestly if Gronk was playing you would be the favorite anyways. You guys deserve to represent the AFC.

Yes, Brady & Hogan played an outstanding game. Jesus. But, then again, Brady always has Pittsburgh's number.

22 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

The Ravens still play the Patriots the toughest of any team at Gillette. 

Yes, Baltimore doesn't fear NE at home at all & I always enjoy those collision courses between those 2 teams in bad weather. Destined classics. 

22 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Thanks man ... We had the bounces go our way tonight also.  We are relatively healthy save for gronk, sucks that bell went out for the Steelers, AFC a tad weak this year, so we were able to hold serve and win

I like ATL and as much as I want the pats to win, I will be happy if the falcons win

I

I really respect your fairness & objectivity Yehoodi. You're a good dude & you should be proud of how far your squad has come this yr. A very impressive & resounding victory for Foxborough fans. Josh McDaniels was smart to decline the 49ers job & stay put too.