Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OVER / UNDER 2 QUARTERBACKS IN FIRST ROUND

Well....

None of them should be drafted.....    but at least one will.      Likely Trubisky.    But he's no where near ready to play.     He started 12 or 13 games in college.     That's it.    

And then Watson or Kizer.     But neither of them ready.

I sure hope these guys get drafted by teams who can be patient with them.    They're going to need a long time to be ready.....

Terrible year for quarterbacks.....

If Watson excels tonight we could see 3 QB gone before the Colts pick.

I can see Jets, Browns, Niners, Bears going for a QB, if the Browns take any QB then SF or Chicago has to take one, Watson and Trubisky(any order), then the Bears or SF should go Defense and the Jets have to go for a QB because they need a QB and Kizer is gonna be very tempting.

I could see Cleveland taking one, what with two top ten picks in the draft. Plus Chicago might grab one now that Cutler is pretty much done there. Seen some mocks that have San Fran taking Kizer second overall (which would be risky tbh). Not sure where NYJ stand on their QB situation. 

But yeah, an overall weak year for quarterbacks coming out this year.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....

None of them should be drafted.....    but at least one will.      Likely Trubisky.    But he's no where near ready to play.     He started 12 or 13 games in college.     That's it.    

I sure hope these guys get drafted by teams who can be patient with them.    They're going to need a long time to be ready.....

I agree, this year appears very bad for QB`s and there is even some mocks that have the Wyoming QB listed as a possible 1st RD pick. For the Colts sake, I`m really hoping as many QB`s get drafted in the 1st and early 2nd RD`s. 

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I agree, this year appears very bad for QB`s and there is even some mocks that have the Wyoming QB listed as a possible 1st RD pick. For the Colts sake, I`m really hoping as many QB`s get drafted in the 1st and early 2nd RD`s. 

Yup.....   the more QB's drafted ahead of the Colts picks, the better!     In fact, every position the Colts really don't care about,  I hope those guys get drafted highly too!

To show you what a weird year it is for QB's,  you mention a QB from Wyoming and I have no idea who that is?!?   I didn't even know that they have a highly rated QB?!?      That's both a knock on the class and a knock on me...   not meant at all as a knock on you.      Just how strange this QB class really is.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Yup.....   the more QB's drafted ahead of the Colts picks, the better!     In fact, every position the Colts really don't care about,  I hope those guys get drafted highly too!

To show you what a weird year it is for QB's,  you mention a QB from Wyoming and I have no idea who that is?!?   I didn't even know that they have a highly rated QB?!?      That's both a knock on the class and a knock on me...   not meant at all as a knock on you.      Just how strange this QB class really is.

His name is Josh Allen. He`s a big kid like Carson Wentz is. Just checked out his profile which says he`s a sophomore, but don`t know if he`s a redshirt, but did see him in some mocks as high as 3rd overall to the Bears. Crazy, but Wentz came out of nowhere last year too.

44 minutes ago, MPStack said:

His name is Josh Allen. He`s a big kid like Carson Wentz is. Just checked out his profile which says he`s a sophomore, but don`t know if he`s a redshirt, but did see him in some mocks as high as 3rd overall to the Bears. Crazy, but Wentz came out of nowhere last year too.

For whatever it's worth,  at this point, Allen hasn't decided.     At least,  not that I can tell.

He hasn't announced he's turning pro.     But he also hasn't announced that he's staying in school.

So, he's got a week to do one or the other....     Deadline is next Monday, Jan. 16th.

I think two quarterbacks go in the top 15. After tonight a team will take a chance on Watson early and Trubisky will go early also.

The 49'rs, Bears, Jets, and Browns will most likely be looking for a QB early.

I think this gives the Colts a good chance to have a pretty good player available at a position of need. Whether the Colts decide to actually make a good 1st round draft pick is TBD.

The benefit for us is once all the pro days start and the combine is finished you will have teams trying to make a good reason to draft these QB's in the first.  Some people can say they are not ready but the same was said about Wentz last year who got great experience and showed up.  Goff on the other hand was the kid who was supposed to come in and do better but well he did not.  I would say that like most years you will have at least 3 drafted in the first round.  Bears will pick Watson after last night if he has a great pro day IMO.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....

I think Watson is ready Kizer sucked last year and should have stayed in school he is no where near ready if your talking about Kizer.

11 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think Watson is ready Kizer sucked last year and should have stayed in school he is no where near ready if your talking about Kizer.

I'm talking about everyone.     Watson, Kizer, Trubisky.

None of them are ready to lead an NFL team next year.

What they did in college doesn't translate to the NFL game.     Jared Goff is the prime example.

19 hours ago, MPStack said:

I'd say this year is better for QBs than last year.. Barely and it's not saying much lol.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm talking about everyone.     Watson, Kizer, Trubisky.

None of them are ready to lead an NFL team next year.

What they did in college doesn't translate to the NFL game.     Jared Goff is the prime example.

Watson is a way better QB than Goff the other two remain to be seen.

On 1/9/2017 at 7:37 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Well....

I think Watson is gonna be very good...He has ice in his veins, you can't teach that..It may take him awhile to learn an NFL offense, but I think he goes #1 to the Browns...If Browns get Watson and Fournette they'll have a bright future with Hue Jackson. ..

40 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think Watson is gonna be very good...He has ice in his veins, you can't teach that..It may take him awhile to learn an NFL offense, but I think he goes #1 to the Browns...If Browns get Watson and Fournette they'll have a bright future with Hue Jackson. ..

I feel like Watson will be like mariota. He came from a spread but is smart enough to play a pro style. 

Just now, 12to13 said:

I feel like Watson will be like mariota. He came from a spread but is smart enough to play a pro style. 

Yea except he is much bigger and more durable...Watson is tough man, I think Cleveland might finally have a QB if they are smart and take him...

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Watson is a way better QB than Goff the other two remain to be seen.

Goff went 1st overall.    Watson currently has a 2nd round grade.

Huge difference.     And the offense Watson runs is a spread.     The reading of NFL defenses is just not there.

Goff went 1st overall.    Watson currently has a 2nd round grade.

Huge difference.     And the offense Watson runs is a spread.     The reading of NFL defenses is just not there.

When all is said and done I bet Watson goes 1st..Only thing that could possibly hurt him is the wonderlic test...

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Am I reading you right?      You think DeSean Watson is going 1st overall to the Browns?

What are you reading?      What website tells you this?       He doesn't even have a 1st round grade.

He's a great kid.     I'm not saying he won't turn into a decent pro,  but it will take time, patience and the right team drafting him.      

Just now, jshipp23 said:

When all is said and done I bet Watson goes 1st..Only thing that could possibly hurt him is the wonderlic test...

I'm sure his wonderlic  will be fine.

But he has no history running an NFL offense.       He may go in the 1st round,  but it won't be first overall.

Not even close.

But he has no history running an NFL offense.       He may go in the 1st round,  but it won't be first overall.

Not even close.

You know qb needy teams overdraft every year...Goff was way overdrafted...They have to take the top guys when they have the chance...If they don't take him 1 i think cleveland will take him at 8...

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not even close.

I don't see where you are getting 2nd round? PFF has him at 15 right now and 1st QB...I think you're missing the boat on this one..

9 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I don't see where you are getting 2nd round? PFF has him at 15 right now and 1st QB...I think you're missing the boat on this one..

OK....    if PFF gives him that high a grade....   well,  color me surprised.

What I read everywhere is that there's no QB worth a 1st round pick,  though everyone acknowledges that at least one,  if not more,   may be taken.  

Teams may reach for the QB and hope they can coach 'em up.    I hope they're right.    I want them to succeed.   

But it's hard for teams to ignore their fans.     Here in Los Angeles,  fans and media screamed for three months, that Goff HAD TO BE BETTER than the back-up guy who they started who was Case Keenum.     The Rams kept saying we'll start him when he's ready.

Everyone said Goff HAS TO BE BETTER.     Finally, the Rams caved and played Goff.     Guess what?    He wasn't better than Case Keenum    And he wasn't ready.    Not even close.

I hope history doesn't repeat itself.     But it has a tendency to.

Trubisky and Watson are almost certain first rounders IMO. I loved Kizer last year and kinda just liked him this year. He has some projectable skills and physical profile. He might get drafted in the first too. If I had to bet I'd bet over, but not because they are all first round talent.