Frank Gore apologizes to Colts fans

RockThatBlue

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I don't think the most ardent fans of Chuck would include those wins.  Bruce,  not Chuck,  won coach of the year for a reason.

I don't understand that: Chuck had all of his systems in place and Arians followed his plan. He was the unquestioned inspirational crux for that team, I would say he deserves credit for those wins along with Arians.

"More than anything it was Chuck. Coach, you set the path. We just rode the bus and kept the lights on the whole time."

Just now, VocableLoki said:

I don't understand that: Chuck had all of his systems in place and Arians followed his plan. He was the unquestioned inspirational crux for that team, I would say he deserves credit for those wins along with Arians.

"More than anything it was Chuck. Coach, you set the path. We just rode the bus and kept the lights on the whole time."

I think everyone else in the world disagrees

Frank is a class act and a worker, have a lot of respect for what he does.  Hope he gets to the promised land wearing the horseshoe.  He has been very vocal about wanting this team to make the playoffs and I love seeing that type of passion.  Not only that, but for what he has done in this sport, he deserves it. 

Just now, VocableLoki said:

Except Arians with that quote and the record book, which will award him those wins, etc. 

What's he supposed to say about his friend that was battling cancer?  "Naw, it was all me"?

The record books also show USC didn't win the national championship in 2004 due to being stripped by the NCAA. Nobody gives to poops.  Everyone knows USC won the title.

3 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Frank is a class act and a worker, have a lot of respect for what he does.  Hope he gets to the promised land wearing the horseshoe.  He has been very vocal about wanting this team to make the playoffs and I love seeing that type of passion.  Not only that, but for what he has done in this sport, he deserves it. 

Definitely, the run game seemed to step up in general this year. Let's hope it continues.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

What's he supposed to say about his friend that was battling cancer?  "Naw, it was all me"?

The record books also show USC didn't win the national championship in 2004 due to being stripped by the NCAA. Nobody gives to poops.  Everyone knows USC won the title.

I don't equate a team being stripped of wins for violations with a coach getting credit for wins with a team he put in place. 

It's not letting like he had to say anything. Players were inspired by Pagano's fight, the Green Bay game that year seemed to propelled by that inspiration. It seems perfectly reasonable that those wins are on his record.

2 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

Overall point being: Chuck has a very good record overall 5 years in to his career.

Take away year 1 when he did not coach and hes 11-5 twice and 8-8 twice. Horrible record outside of our division, now record within division is tanking. Same mistakes. Same unpreparedness. Terrible at his specialty. Actually its getting worse. Hes like a nice Rex Ryan.

10 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

I don't equate a team being stripped of wins for violations with a coach getting credit for wins with a team he put in place. 

It's not letting like he had to say anything. Players were inspired by Pagano's fight, the Green Bay game that year seemed to propelled by that inspiration. It seems perfectly reasonable that those wins are on his record.

I wasn't equating them.  They are just two things that are a matter of record that no one takes seriously.  Well, one person does....

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Take away year 1 when he did not coach and hes 11-5 twice and 8-8 twice. Horrible record outside of our division, now record within division is tanking. Same mistakes. Same unpreparedness. Terrible at his specialty. Actually its getting worse. Hes like a nice Rex Ryan.

No he's not, look at how Ryan just left Buffalo. You think we have dysfunctional problems...

To your point: he had a 3-3 division record this year and a 4-2 one last year. Hardly "tanking," yes his record within the division is better than out. So? You need to wrap up winnable division games to compete. 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

I don't know what it means, but the fact he hasn't said anything is odd.

I find it odd too. Maybe hes letting Pagano and Grigson have time to try to persuade him to keep them. 

I mean, if he wanted to keep them it seems to me he would have came out first thing Monday morning and announced it. 

Hes gonna have to announce something soon, I just wonder when.

11 hours ago, presto123 said:

Thanks Frank! Your turn Jimmy........Bueller.....Bueller......Bueller.......

I see what you did there presto123.

Poked fun our owner's lack of answers for INDY's failure to reach the playoffs using the 1986 film "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" as a cinematic reference point.  

I won't kick either an owner or an elite RB during a disappointing yr. It happens once in awhile. 

It's all good Frank. We love your competitive fire to win games. Nobody is placing all the burden/toll on you man. 

To Frank Gore: 

You are the last one on this team who needs to apologize. Some of the weeks, it seriously looks like you are the only one who comes to play. For you to get 1,000 yards behind this O-Line (is a miracle) would be 2,000 behind a legit O-Line. 

You've always been one of my favorite players (and I didn't even like the 49er's) and I am truly grateful that you are now a Colt. I know you came here for a ring, and you deserve one. I apologize to you that this team isn't a lot better than it is, because it should be.  

Keep putting in work, boss. Climb those rushing leader charts, and keep making history. 

Thank you Sir!

9 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

No he's not, look at how Ryan just left Buffalo. You think we have dysfunctional problems...

To your point: he had a 3-3 division record this year and a 4-2 one last year. Hardly "tanking," yes his record within the division is better than out. So? You need to wrap up winnable division games to compete. 

Trending in the wrong direction. I mean he's Rex Ryan because both him and Pagano had early success then let the same mistakes kill them every year.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Trending in the wrong direction. I mean he's Rex Ryan because both him and Pagano had early success then let the same mistakes kill them every year.

Rex Ryan went 9-7 and 11-5 his first two years then never had another winning season. He is 61-67 overall. Chuck has done better and players are openly criticizing him, don't see the comparison.

2 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Rex Ryan went 9-7 and 11-5 his first two years then never had another winning season. He is 61-67 overall. Chuck has done better and players are openly criticizing him, don't see the comparison.

Rex made two AFC championships in a row his first two years, then let the same mistakes plague him the rest of his time with the Jets and never made it back to the playoffs. Sorry you don't see the comparison.

Frank Gore is class . Over 1000 yds would've been much more if we were not constantly digging out of the holes we dug. Not a thing to apologize for and would love to keep you here. Your work ethic is similar to that of   Walter Peyton , and it shows on the field in your durability at your age. Much more durable than most of the young guns.

4 hours ago, bababooey said:

Rex made two AFC championships in a row his first two years, then let the same mistakes plague him the rest of his time with the Jets and never made it back to the playoffs. Sorry you don't see the comparison.

It's a poor comparison. Rex burned bridges and has been fired from two jobs and his players openly questioned him constantly. His teams fell off the map quickly.

Say this for Chuck: he still has the players' respect and it is extremely unlikely he is going to leave on bad terms.

26 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

It's a poor comparison. Rex burned bridges and has been fired from two jobs and his players openly questioned him constantly. His teams fell off the map quickly.

Say this for Chuck: he still has the players' respect and it is extremely unlikely he is going to leave on bad terms.

I'm not comparing his Bills stint at all. Rex Ryan's Jets loved him, got him some late season wins, and were all sad to see him go. Granted he was screwed by his GM just like Tom Coughlin was, Rex Ryan on the Jets is very similar to Chuck on the Colts.