Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, a lot oof pitchers are going down thoracic outlet syndrome. Jay, that ended the career of Chris Carpenter. That is the injury that Harvey had and had surgery to correct it. He has not been the same since. Our closer Familia is now sidelined with that. I read that this is the condition that also ended the career of JR Richard a while back. He almost died. (I was not watching baseball then.)

Why are so many pitchers getting that now? Are they throwing too hard?

JR died of a stroke shortly after I believe .

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

not following any games today

Indy qualifying

Indiana History 

I honestly don't even follow the Indy 500 anymore, haven't for around 15 years. I went to that race when I was kid growing up during the 80's a couple of times something my dad went to every year. Throughout the 90's I lived for race weekend and partied all weekend and went to every race that whole decade. I had a friend that lived by the track so I could just park in his yard every year and party! Once the 2000's hit I just lost interest in it (my friend also had moved as well), the month of May wasn't the same as a whole. Cops got more strict, it wasn't near the party it was in the 90's and I liked the drivers much better in the 90's as well. I live pretty close to the track now and have no interest at all in it. I will probably go out of town next weekend to be honest to get away from it. Just been there and done that WHEN IT WAS GREAT.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

13-1 Cubs! Best game all season easily.

Only 10 hours into my 48 hour shift, so this game is making killing time between runs more enjoyable for sure!!!!

Go Cubs Go! 

On 5/20/2017 at 11:08 PM, Jay Kirk said:
  • PT the Cards probably found Adams expendable , Martinez will be back shortly and Piscotty both play 1rst as well as outfield . Adams coming up on FA . Wouldve loved seeing him for whole season in the great shape hes in . It may be a mistake.

Yeah, I'm torn on this.    It doesn't seem like the Cards got anything in return.   Yepez is really nothing.   Adams was at least a good pinch hitter for the team.   Maybe it won't affect things too much.   Adams did come into the season in great shape.    It's good for Adams and the Cardinals usually make an effort to do what is right.  

18 hours ago, GOZER said:

5-0 Giants, Top of the 6th. :bored:

I guess it didn't turn out well , Giants right now are playin g pretty well , you cant make fundamental mistakes and expect to beat them . Is this what happened or Cubs just not swinging bats ?

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I guess it didn't turn out well , Giants right now are playin g pretty well , you cant make fundamental mistakes and expect to beat them . Is this what happened or Cubs just not swinging bats ?

Didn't score a run until the 7th I believe, just a combination of cold bats and some what bad pitching by Lackey.

19 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lackey not on his game so far ?

He allowed doubles to Panik, Ruggiano and Posey as well as a homer to Belt that carried over the left-field wall. He's been playing well, the Windy City breezes just weren't helping him out.

8 minutes ago, GOZER said:

This thread has gone very silent, anybody out there???!!:dunno:

Cubs/Giants game 1-1 Tied Top of the 3rd....Rizzo with another home run!!!!! Ugh ok 2-1 Giants now.:bored:

:monkeydance:I'm here. Been very busy. 

Mets up 5-3 in the 5th. 

Please vote for Michael Conforto for the All Star Game. He is having a tremendous year for the Mets. He is hitting .344 with 13 HRs, 32 RBI.

Archived