Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

This thread has gone very silent, anybody out there???!!:dunno:

 

Cubs/Giants game 1-1 Tied Top of the 3rd....Rizzo with another home run!!!!! Ugh ok 2-1 Giants now.:bored:

Lol Cards don't start till 10.00 , past my bedtime especially when I gotta get up at 5am . It will liven up on weekend.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5995

  • NFLfan

    2335

  • Jay Kirk

    2232

  • PrincetonTiger

    1858

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

:monkeydance:I'm here. Been very busy. 

 

Mets up 5-3 in the 5th. 

 

Please vote for Michael Conforto for the All Star Game. He is having a tremendous year for the Mets. He is hitting .344 with 13 HRs, 32 RBI.

Wow Id say he is

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GOZER said:

This thread has gone very silent, anybody out there???!!:dunno:

 

Cubs/Giants game 1-1 Tied Top of the 3rd....Rizzo with another home run!!!!! Ugh ok 2-1 Giants now.:bored:

Preparing Indiana History items while I follow the game 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win again, Wade Davis tried to blow it LOL! 2 solid outings in a row against a hot Giants team though, I will take it. Just .5 game out of 1st place now. Current Standings:

Brew Crew 25-21

Cubs 24-21 .5

Cards 22-20 1 but pending, they are playing the Dodgers in LA and the game has just started.

 

-I would like to see the Cubs start playing at their World Champion level like last season, still haven't seen it yet but being only .5 out of 1st place in the Division isn't all that bad as we head towards the last week of May. The Cubs Pitching is definitely a concern so far, it's been inconsistent from the Starters to the BullPen. Last season it was lights out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That was a little tighter than I wanted

Yeah our BullPen really concerns me. Even our starting Pitching has been shaky at times. I thought Lester pitched a Great game last night but that was the best he pitched all season IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah our BullPen really concerns me. Even our starting Pitching has been shaky at times. I thought Lester pitched a Great game last night but that was the best he pitched all season IMO.

Remember Everything Will Be Okay 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs up 2-1 bottom of the 5th. Samardzija trying to take his former team down.....Kind of wish he was still a Cub, probably because......DYK, Samardzija is an Indiana native? Born in Merillville, grew up in Valparaiso, played football at Notre Dame?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

CUBS WIN! Are we getting our mojo back? 

 

 

IMG_0126.JPG

Nice win!

 

I was afraid they were never going to get their bats around.... seemed behind the pitch until late.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting April and May out of the way is great, cobwebs get cleared out and time to get rolling as June approaches. As May winds down the Cubs find themselves in a tie for 1st place in the NL Central with the Brew Crew at 25-21. The Cards play later tonight and stand at 23-20, we may have a 3 way tie for 1st after late tonight? The NL Central is full of parity as even the Reds are at 22-24 staying around .500.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Getting April and May out of the way is great, cobwebs get cleared out and time to get rolling as June approaches. As May winds down the Cubs find themselves in a tie for 1st place in the NL Central with the Brew Crew at 25-21. The Cards play later tonight and stand at 23-20, we may have a 3 way tie for 1st after late tonight? The NL Central is full of parity as even the Reds are at 22-24 staying around .500.

Agree... just keep hanging around and all is good.

Whats up with Schwarber man?  He is in a bad hitting slump.... playing great D though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Agree... just keep hanging around and all is good.

Whats up with Schwarber man?  He is in a bad hitting slump.... playing great D though.

Yeah he is struggling but hit a 450 blast the other day. I am more concerned about the BullPen more than anything - very inconsistent so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he is struggling but hit a 450 blast the other day. I am more concerned about the BullPen more than anything - very inconsistent so far.

True... doesn't seem near as clutch as it was last year.  And Kyle will come around.  

 

I just know how those things get in your head and they can be hard to shake.  He was donning some pretty disapointed looks after batting today.  The same can be said for pitchers too I guess.  I want Kyle to do well.  He went to HS not far from were I live and of course played at IU so I want him to be as good as he can be.... a hometown kid of sorts.

 

Like I said, if they just hang around (and I believe they will) and start playing their best baseball in mid-late Sept all is well.  Not too worried at this point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

True... doesn't seem near as clutch as it was last year.  And Kyle will come around.  

 

I just know how those things get in your head and they can be hard to shake.  He was donning some pretty disapointed looks after batting today.  The same can be said for pitchers too I guess.  I want Kyle to do well.  He went to HS not far from were I live and of course played at IU so I want him to be as good as he can be.... a hometown kid of sorts.

 

Like I said, if they just hang around (and I believe they will) and start playing their best baseball in mid-late Sept all is well.  Not too worried at this point.

I predicted the Cubs to Repeat, I full expect the guys to kick it in high gear shortly. The 1st 2 Months are always throw away months as long as you can be .500 and have your chemistry in order. The season is so long that April and May is just about being .500 and gaining confidence and chemistry IMO. June through September is when we start to find who's who most of the time. Of course being healthy in September going into the Playoffs is huge!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I predicted the Cubs to Repeat, I full expect the guys to kick it in high gear shortly. The 1st 2 Months are always throw away months as long as you can be .500 and have your chemistry in order. The season is so long that April and May is just about being .500 and gaining confidence and chemistry IMO. June through September is when we start to find who's who most of the time. Of course being healthy in September going into the Playoffs is huge!

Well said... 100% agree..... I hope they repeat, that would really be cool for not only the fans but the organization.... go Cubs

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

@BR-549 Welcome to the baseball family here.

Thank You!! .... always liked the Cubs and have been to Wrigley many times. Never had a bad experience, well except for the times when they lost while I was there.  But the beer and Chicago dogs were still good  : ) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes Baseball a great game is the Playoffs. There is nothing like Baseball Playoffs. Football is my favorite sport and I love Basketball as well but in general the whole Baseball Playoffs is always better than the NBA Playoffs because of unpredictability Baseball presents. The AFC/NFC Title games and SB rank even with the Baseball Playoffs IMO as sometimes you see big upsets there too. A lot of WildCard teams win it all in Baseball and Football. A lot of people don't watch Baseball because the season is so long and they don't have the patience for it. I fully understand, I agree that the season is too long. When the Playoffs roll around though every game is exciting and I cant keep my eyes off of it. Only 5 teams get in from each league which I love. Then 4 vs 5 is a 1 game elimination which I love. 1st Round is best of 5 which is perfect = 1's vs 4's, 2's vs 3's. Best of 7's after that. Baseball has the perfect Playoff setup. If I was commish, 2 things I would change. I would shorten the season to 132 games and whoever has the best record overall I would award HFA too. The All-Star game shouldn't determine HFA. Maybe start the season in early May and end it early September. The Playoffs and WS would always end by the end of October meaning no cold weather games either. Just my takes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What makes Baseball a great game is the Playoffs. There is nothing like Baseball Playoffs. Football is my favorite sport and I love Basketball as well but in general the whole Baseball Playoffs is always better than the NBA Playoffs because of unpredictability Baseball presents. The AFC/NFC Title games and SB rank even with the Baseball Playoffs IMO as sometimes you see big upsets there too. A lot of WildCard teams win in Baseball and Football. A lot of people don't watch Baseball because the season is so long and they don't have the patience for it. I fully understand, I agree that the season is too long. When the Playoffs roll around though every game is exciting and I cant keep my eyes off of it. Only 5 teams get in from each league which I love. Then 4 vs 5 is a 1 game elimination which I love. 1st Round is best of 5 which is perfect = 1'svs 4's, 2's vs 3's. Best of 7's after that. Baseball has the perfect Playoff setup. If I was commish, 2 things I would change. I would shorten the season to 132 games and whoever has the best record overall I would award HFA too. The All-Star game shouldn't determine HFA. Maybe start the season in early May and end it early September. The Playoffs and WS would always end by the end of October meaning no cold weather games either. Just my takes.

 

You make very good points. I love baseball playoffs too, especially when my team is in it. Only thing that can make the outcome of a series predictable is if you have a hot pitcher like Madison Bumgarner pitching.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

You make very good points. I love baseball playoffs too, especially when my team is in it. Only thing that can make the outcome of a series predictable is if you have a hot pitcher like Madison Bumgartner pitching.

That is the 1 game elimination scenario and unfortunately your Mets had to deal with that last season. That does suck but I honestly thought the Cubs would lose Game 6 last year vs Kershaw and just take Game 7 but they drilled Kershaw and took it in 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With rain threatening, the Mets sat our ace pitcher deGrom. I understand the move. If he pitches the game and it gets rained out, that is a wasted start.

 

So, with a reliever going, Mets are already down 2-0 to the Padres. Yes, the Padres. :tvsmash:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...