Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What makes Baseball a great game is the Playoffs. There is nothing like Baseball Playoffs. Football is my favorite sport and I love Basketball as well but in general the whole Baseball Playoffs is always better than the NBA Playoffs because of unpredictability Baseball presents. The AFC/NFC Title games and SB rank even with the Baseball Playoffs IMO as sometimes you see big upsets there too. A lot of WildCard teams win it all in Baseball and Football. A lot of people don't watch Baseball because the season is so long and they don't have the patience for it. I fully understand, I agree that the season is too long. When the Playoffs roll around though every game is exciting and I cant keep my eyes off of it. Only 5 teams get in from each league which I love. Then 4 vs 5 is a 1 game elimination which I love. 1st Round is best of 5 which is perfect = 1's vs 4's, 2's vs 3's. Best of 7's after that. Baseball has the perfect Playoff setup. If I was commish, 2 things I would change. I would shorten the season to 132 games and whoever has the best record overall I would award HFA too. The All-Star game shouldn't determine HFA. Maybe start the season in early May and end it early September. The Playoffs and WS would always end by the end of October meaning no cold weather games either. Just my takes.

Im with you other than I want to add the NCAA D1 National Championship Wrestling week.  So competitive.  The commitment and the toughness it takes to not only make it into the tournament but to do well is grueling.  Even more so for the ones that get thrown into the wrestle back brackets than the ones that keep winning.  

Then there are the upsets... I know its college and not a pro sport but that is as far as it goes other than the Wrestling USA team which gets zero publicity.  

I wrestled so it is close to me and many won't understand my point.  Professional basketball- I only watch the finals and even then its maybe... just so predictable anymore.  Like March Madness however. Cmon Purdue!!!!

Football playoffs, baseball then wrestling for me....

Sorry... got sidetracked.  

Has nothing to do with the Cubs, lol.  Oh man I can get worked up sometimes.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the 1 game elimination scenario and unfortunately your Mets had to deal with that last season. That does suck but I honestly thought the Cubs would lose Game 6 last year vs Kershaw and just take Game 7 but they drilled Kershaw and took it in 6.

Who beat the Giants last year?

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

To be clear, this is not only a Cubs thread. It is the Baseball Thread. It just has "Cubs Repeat?" in the title. 

5 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Im with you other than I want to add the NCAA D1 National Championship Wrestling week.  So competitive.  The commitment and the toughness it takes to not only make it into the tournament but to do well is grueling.  Even more so for the ones that get thrown into the wrestle back brackets than the ones that keep winning.  

Then there are the upsets... I know its college and not a pro sport but that is as far as it goes other than the Wrestling USA team which gets zero publicity.  

I wrestled so it is close to me and many won't understand my point.  Professional basketball- I only watch the finals and even then its maybe... just so predictable anymore.  Like March Madness however. Cmon Purdue!!!!

Yeah as NFLfan said, this all Baseball teams not just Cubs. Glad to see you are a Cubs fan though, I never knew that.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah as NFLfan said, this all Baseball teams not just Cubs. Glad to see you are a Cubs fan though, I never knew that.

This is the best thread around, no?

Btw, I saw an article that asked, "Should the Cubs trade Javier Baez".

Thoughts???

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thoughts???

Thoughts = HELL NO regarding Baez lmao. MadBum pitched Game 3 vs the Cubs last season and got a no decision. Cubs actually were up 3-0 in that game so MadBum was off that night. Giants ended up winning 6-5 though for their only win in the series. MadBum IMO is the scariest Pitcher in the PostSeason having said that. If I had one game to win I would choose him even over Kershaw and Jake.

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

With rain threatening, the Mets sat our ace pitcher deGrom. I understand the move. If he pitches the game and it gets rained out, that is a wasted start.

So, with a reliever going, Mets are already down 2-0 to the Padres. Yes, the Padres. :tvsmash:

How long before the NY press starts calling for changes

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thoughts???

Yes its the best Thread by far. Every Poster here respects every one  and respects their opinions and teams that they like. It's my favorite Thread by far, Only the Game Day Thread Threads during Colts games match this but it should being a Football Site.

25 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Why do you think I started the History Thread

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

With rain threatening, the Mets sat our ace pitcher deGrom. I understand the move. If he pitches the game and it gets rained out, that is a wasted start.

So, with a reliever going, Mets are already down 2-0 to the Padres. Yes, the Padres. :tvsmash:

Does this mean you need a new TV? :violin:

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

As I have said before the only time I every get that way is when Princeton is playing

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

To be clear, this is not only a Cubs thread. It is the Baseball Thread. It just has "Cubs Repeat?" in the title. 

My comment earlier was just about excitement over playoffs/ championship more than anything.

I absolutely love baseball... I will be active on this thread :thmup:

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes its the best Thread by far. Every Poster here respects every one  and respects their opinions and teams that they like. It's my favorite Thread by far, Only the Game Day Thread Threads during Colts games match this but it should being a Football Site.

People can be nasty on the game day thread. I will never forget when this one fan wrote that he wished Pagano got sick again (he put it much worse -- you can imagine). That never happens here.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

People can be nasty on the game day thread. I will never forget when this one fan wrote that he wished Pagano got sick again (he put it much worse -- you can imagine). That never happens here.

I never seen that on a Game Thread but I believe you. There are a handful of trollish dumb nuts that would say that but 99% of the Game Threads are usually fun and good spirited at least IMO. This Baseball Thread is the best though if I had to choose just one.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You still didn't answer my question, do you need a new TV? I can mail one to you to NY City lmao 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

How long before the NY press starts calling for changes

Probably soon. Our current manager Terry Collins recently surpassed Davey Johnson for longest tenured Mets manager. (CBE, you recall Davey?)

I like Terry and hope he stays. (I don't like too much change in coaching.)  However, he is not good at handling the bullpen. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Probably soon. Our current manager Terry Collins recently surpassed Davey Johnson forlongest tenured Mets manager. (CBE, you recall Davey?)

I like Terry and hope he stays. (I don't like too much change in coaching.)  However, he is not good at handling the bullpen. 

I think, didn't he manage the 1986 World Champion Mets led by Doc Gooden? I think he did but my memory is clouded:billiejean:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I play a mean Violin and when I say mean, it's pretty mean haha 

Hahahaha.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think, didn't he manage the 1986 World Champion Mets led by Doc Gooden? I think he did but my memory is clouded:billiejean:

You're in a very good mood today!  What's got you so upbeat? haha

Just now, NFLfan said:

Hahahaha.

You're in a very good mood today!  What's got you so upbeat? haha

Off work today and well rested I guess. Cubs are playing great too. Yesterday was a rough one at work, I was tired last night. I have to go in tomorrow for a few hours but actually off Saturday and Sunday so that has me in a good mood too.

Archived