Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Pretty quiet in here lately? Where is everyone? I'm assuming spending time with their wives or mommas for Mother's Day?

What are everyone's thoughts in the slide rule? Yesterday's game against the Cards got interesting after this happened....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanragsports.com/news/cubs-voice-displeasure-slide-rule/amp/

I agree with Maddon/Lester, it's getting a bit silly. I've played second and know #%*@ well that if I don't run through the bag and throw I'm possibly going to get creamed!!! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GOZER said:

Pretty quiet in here lately? Where is everyone? I'm assuming spending time with their wives or mommas for Mother's Day?

What are everyone's thoughts in the slide rule? Yesterday's game against the Cards got interesting after this happened....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanragsports.com/news/cubs-voice-displeasure-slide-rule/amp/

I agree with Maddon/Lester, it's getting a bit silly. I've played second and know #%*@ well that if I don't run through the bag and throw I'm possibly going to get creamed!!! 

I did not see the play. Anyone have a video?

It seems that the umpires are applying the letter of the rule rather than the spirit or intent of the rule. From the little I read, it seemed like a bad call. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, GOZER said:

I have been doing research and preparing things for the History Thread

and

I have never liked it

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I did not see the play. Anyone have a video?

It seems that the umpires are applying the letter of the rule rather than the spirit or intent of the rule. From the little I read, it seemed like a bad call. 

And don't get me wrong, the result of the game didn't rest on that bad call, the Cardinals played a great game and won......Refs/rules committee are killing the game.

• Like 2

Severino is getting singled to death in the 3rd inning. 3-1 Stros with the bases loaded. Joe just gave Severino the hook. 2 1/3 innings 3 runs 7 hits. 

Seems the Yankee bats have gone cold lately. Judge has about 5-6 Ks in the last 3 games. Looks to me like they are taking too many good pitches & then chasing junk out of the strike zone.

Green comes in & throws one pitch for an inning ending double play. Let's get those bats going now!!

• Like 1

My Step-dad, Mother, and myself just went Gray's, that was great stuff. Nothing like a great meal, that is where mom wanted to go. Great Chicken and Mash Potatoes! Cubs getting drilled it looks like 4-0, they are struggling. Bryant out again due to illness. Did someone in St Louis poison him :sarcasm:.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

6-4 Astros going to bottom 7th. Stros take advantage of a Castro throwing error to score. Astros have 3 errors & Yanks didn't capitalize on any of them.

I almost picked the Astros for the WS this season. If you look back at my predictions I had them winning their Division. That team is really good.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, GOZER said:

Yesterday was spending time with Wife for anniversary and Mothers day today I have a heavy heart , if any of you heard of the horrendous accident on I 70 yesterday . Was a very good friend of mine that I also consider a Brother his girlfriend , and his son . All dead along with Truck Driver that plowed into back of them.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, GOZER said:

And don't get me wrong, the result of the game didn't rest on that bad call, the Cardinals played a great game and won......Refs/rules committee are killing the game.

The umpires have been shoddy at best not just in this series. Inconsistent strike zones affect pitchers as well as hitters, along with missed calls they need to be addressed by the league to tighten up the ship.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yesterday was spending time with Wife for anniversary and Mothers day today I have a heavy heart , if any of you heard of the horrendous accident on I 70 yesterday . Was a very good friend of mine that I also consider a Brother his girlfriend , and his son . All dead along with Truck Driver that plowed into back of them.

Wow. Very sorry to hear this. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I gave you a LIKE for your first sentence, sorry to hear about your friend. Man that is very tragic.

• Like 1

What a wild game the Mets and Brewers are playing. I left to meet my family about an hour ago. I believe the score was 7-1 after 6. It is now 9-8 in the bottom of the 8th. Tying and go-ahead runs on.

Mets starter was pretty good but gave up 3 runs in the last 1+ innings. He left with a 7-3 lead.

My family just arrived. Enjoy the rest of the day. Hopefully the Mets don't blow it.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Wow. Very sorry to read that. My condolences. That is awful.

I will reply again later.

• Like 1

Ah yes The Captain Derek Jeter. One of the greatest Yankees that will ever live. All I heard was how he didn't have enough range to play SS and he made the media eat its words on that. Always great year in and year out. Truly one of the best

• Like 4
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We had a very bad wreck down here on Friday that shut down 41N just north of Toyota for quite a while

sad to hear about your friends

Hazmat had to come in to clean up mess ,east bound from 4 mile marker was shut down

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Hazmat had to come in to clean up mess ,east bound from 4 mile marker was shut down

Was reading about this wreck earlier.....Sorry to hear it was someone you knew. Prayers to the families that are going to have to deal with this loss, and to all the responders who were present, I know all to well what they had to  experience. Bad deal.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Game 2 not starting off very well for the Yankees. 6-0 top of the first. Tanaka getting hammered.  Three HRs. Bregman with a Grand Slam.

Not a good way to kick off Derek Jeter night. Astros are really good though. They're a legitimate contender

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hopefully the Mets don't blow it.

Well, they did. The Mets are not going anywhere this year.  After the losses of the 3 starters and the closer, they have the worst ERA in baseball. Who would have thunk it! They lost today's game 11-9 after leading 7-1. :(

Anyway, it is not fun being a Mets fan right now. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Not a good way to kick off Derek Jeter night. Astros are really good though. They're a legitimate contender

Yeah. This game is looking bleak. 8-0 now in the 3rd. The Astros pitcher had 7 consecutive strike outs till a ground out just a minute ago.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Well, they did. The Mets are not going anywhere this year.  After the losses of the 3 starters and the closer, they have the worst ERA in baseball. Who would have thunk it! They lost today's game 11-9 after leading 7-1. :(

Injuries have really ravaged the Mets. They are struggling mightily.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Something like this always puts things in perspective. We get upset when our teams play poorly or lose but they are playing a game. This here is real life -- it is life and death. I read the news stories about it. It is terrible. May the deceased rest in peace. 

I hope you and your wife had an otherwise happy anniversary. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Cubs are struggling as well but at least I do have that they are the Champs until the season ends. Having Washington in your Division sucks too.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yeah. This game is looking bleak. 8-0 now in the 3rd. The Astros pitcher had 7 consecutive strike outs till a ground out just a minute ago.

Yeah the Yankees laid an egg but at least they won the 1st game. Great night for the great Jeter!

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

At least they'll split the DH

Yes but perhaps lose the series 1-3.  A little life left in them however. It's 9-4 in the 6th. It's what I like about this team this season. They don't quit & are never really out of it till the last out.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Something like this always puts things in perspective. We get upset when our teams play poorly or lose but they are playing a game. This here is real life -- it is life and death. I read the news stories about it. It is terrible. May the deceased rest in peace. 

I hope you and your wife had an otherwise happy anniversary. 

We had a good time was heading home when we seen the story , they had no clue who was involved . but some how in my mind even then I knew it could be him. Then it was confirmed to me this morning. Yes its been a day of reflection of just how precious life is and that none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow here on this earth.

• Like 4
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic