Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2021 at 5:40 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ross suspended for a game, will be out Friday. Terpara suspended 3 games is appealing. This is because of throwing behind Woodruff. Brewers wont ever get anything even though, they showed more control Wednesday somehow after hitting Willson in basically every other game. No fines either.

Don’t get me started, what a joke.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Don’t get me started, what a joke.

Rizzo with a blast! 6-1 now. Long way to go, Go Cubs! Brewers have a bunch players that play dirty, I have never liked them. Glad they have never won a WS, I like the Cards better than them and that says a lot coming from a diehard Cubs fan. I respect the Cards, they aren't dirty and have won a couple WS in recent history = 2006, 2011.

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan Cubs vs Mets start at Wrigley tonight. Lets see what happens. I am guessing low scoring games since both offenses are not the best at hitting

The Mets actually have some of the higher batting averages but can't get people home. Can't get runs.

How did the Cubs score their first run. On the Mets broadcast, in the 4th inning, the announcers said Dom Smith of the Mets had just gotten the first hit of the game. But the Cubs were leading 1-0. They must have scored on errors.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets actually have some of the higher batting averages but can't get people home. Can't get runs.

How did the Cubs score their first run. On the Mets broadcast, in the 4th inning, the announcers said Dom Smith of the Mets had just gotten the first hit of the game. But the Cubs were leading 1-0. They must have scored on errors.

Yes, on error. Sogard was at first on a bunt, got bunted to second. Then Contreras hit a ball to Davis and Davis threw bad and low and Alonzo couldn't pick it cleanly. Sogard just kept running and scored without a throw

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

El Mago just hit a Grand Slam, 14-4 Cubs now in the bottom of 7th. Cubs are rolling in this series so far against the Mets. Man when the Cubs are bad, they are bad, but when they get hot look out! This team is hard to figure out. I am already going to say it, fly the flag @HOZER, we aren't blowing a 10 run lead major league baseball GIF by MLB

Psh a ten run lead, I think 12 is better. With a 16-4 win. Thank you Mets. 

@NFLfan I have not watched any other Mets game this season, but these errors the last two days, has that been common, or is it just something off with the stuff since its cold

10 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Psh a ten run lead, I think 12 is better. With a 16-4 win. Thank you Mets. 

@NFLfan I have not watched any other Mets game this season, but these errors the last two days, has that been common, or is it just something off with the stuff since its cold

That had to of been tough to watch for any Mets fans that was a crazy amount of errors for a game, cubs definitely benefited from them but the grand slam sealed the deal!

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

El Mago just hit a Grand Slam, 14-4 Cubs now in the bottom of 7th. Cubs are rolling in this series so far against the Mets. Man when the Cubs are bad, they are bad, but when they get hot look out! This team is hard to figure out. I am already going to say it, fly the flag @HOZER, we aren't blowing a 10 run lead major league baseball GIF by MLB

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

The Reds have fallen back to Earth. I knew they wouldn't be able to sustain their success for too long... The defense is simply trash. Meanwhile the Pirates are quietly putting together a good string of wins the past few weeks. I don't see the Cards sitting at the bottom for too long either. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The Reds have fallen back to Earth. I knew they wouldn't be able to sustain their success for too long... The defense is simply trash. Meanwhile the Pirates are quietly putting together a good string of wins the past few weeks. I don't see the Cards sitting at the bottom for too long either. 

The Cardinals in last place...hopefully not for too long.  It's still early, but they are very inconsistent so far.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs sweep Mets, now we are back to .500 at 9-9. Playing good for a change. Only 2 games out of 1st place behind the pesky BrewCrew who are 11-7. @HOZER, fly the flag.

And the Cubs play the Brewers again starting tomorrow....should be interesting!!!

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we can get 2 out of 3 from the Brewers I will take it. That would put us a game out of 1st place at the end of the weekend. Brewers swept the Padres which was surprising.

15-2 Cubs mid 8th inning!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!!

98063C57-B5FE-4E4C-8040-8C07B69D3CCA.jpeg.15b37b933ae6fbe6d0530e11a462bb89.jpeg

Archived