Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, Jake gave us 6 good one's. I would keep him out there in the 7th until the Pirates come up with some kind of threat. He may be able to go 7?

I can imagine, especially if we get one guy on, then no way. It is first game back and he is over 80 already and we need him to leave game on good note

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I can imagine, especially if we get one guy on, then no way. It is first game back and he is over 80 already and we need him to leave game on good note

Yeah because once a pitcher goes 6 and over 80, bad things could start happening that is for sure. I was hoping for 6 good one's and I got it. He looked a lot better than Hendricks did. I hope Hendricks gets it together because without Hendricks pitching good, the Cubs aren't going anywhere.

That was Crushed by J-Hey!!!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah because once a pitcher goes 6 and over 80, bad things could start happening that is for sure. I was hoping for 6 good one's and I got it. He looked a lot better than Hendricks did. I hope Hendricks gets it together because without Hendricks pitching good, the Cubs aren't going anywhere.

Ya, and more when it is the first game of the year for him, and with his last few years, dont want to push. Now his spot will come up this inning too

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This has been much fun to watch compared to Thursday. So far anyway, I shouldn't jinx it.

I missed the watching on Thursday, my VPN on work computer is out of Chicago so it wouldnt let my MLB.tv to work! I only was at work too on opening day, cuz I had to deal with a shooting on Wednesday when I worked from home or else I planned to be home, but didn't want to be home as idk if shooter had been caught

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I missed the watching on Thursday, my VPN on work computer is out of Chicago so it wouldnt let my MLB.tv to work! I only was at work too on opening day, cuz I had to deal with a shooting on Wednesday when I worked from home or else I planned to be home, but didn't want to be home as idk if shooter had been caught

For some reason after Hendricks gave up that HR in the 1st inning I had a feeling we would lose on Thursday. Strange but after watching this team for years you could sense things like that haha . Hendricks seems like the type of pitcher where he either is dominant or he just stinks. There is no in between with him. It is mainly because he rely's on his control and hitting the strike zone's perfectly IMO. He is not over powering.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For some reason after Hendricks gave up that HR in the 1st inning I had a feeling we would lose on Thursday. Strange but after watching this team for years you could sense things like that haha . Hendricks seems like the type of pitcher where he either is dominant or he just stinks. There is no in between with him. It is mainly because he rely's on his control and hitting the strike zone's perfectly IMO. He is not over powering.

I mean he can't make mistakes normally due to his not high power stuff, but he still can have a so-so start that is good as long as he is missing on corners and not off plate. It appeared to be mechanical and the Cold effect as every Cubs pitcher seemed to forget it was opening day

Fun facts: In a Cubs uniform, Jake Arrieta is now 69-31 with an overall era of 2.90. He is also 2-0 in WS Games which occurred in 2016 vs the Indians where he won a ring. He has 2 no hitters, one in 2015, one in 2016. He also won the NL CY Young in 2015. Glad he is back, this is a boost this team needed as in possible contender boost if he stays healthy. Not just a good team but maybe very good to great again?

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Big Brawl almost broke out between Cards and Reds

And like normal Molina causes the benches to clear this time by going behind and pushing while the guy is walking away. While Castellanos yelled and was pumped while working over the Pitcher, he started to walk away and like usual Molina came and did something punk like. Castellanos gets ejected, Molina doesn't like anytime Molina does something. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fun facts: In a Cubs uniform, Jake Arrieta is now 69-31 with an overall era of 2.90. He is also 2-0 in WS Games which occurred in 2016 vs the Indians where he won a ring. He has 2 no hitters, one in 2015, one in 2016. He also won the NL CY Young in 2015. Glad he is back, this is a boost this team needed as in possible contender boost if he stays healthy. Not just a good team but maybe very good to great again?

Happy The Office GIF by Cameo

Davies a shutout through 4 innings, looking great. No matter who the opponent is, taking 2 of 3 in every series is the goal. Sweeps are nice but unrealistic the majority of the time due to the competition. If we can get 2 of 3 vs a division opponent to start the season I will take it. Cubs still up 3-0 heading to the bottom of the 4th.

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It's not baseball without the Reds and Cards getting into a bench clearing fight, bahahaha... Just didn't think it would happen three days into the season!

haha  You may not be old enough to know this, but Reds used to have two guys in their bullpen who seemed to get opposing players to charge the mound: Rob Dibble and Norm Charlton. There were a few times that Dibble hit Mets players, leading to bench-clearing brawls. The Reds were a fun team to watch then. 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Cardinals not looking good so far this season.   

Great opening day win, then the wheels just fell off.  Wainwright got beat up and I think it's time to get Carlos Martinez and new home.  He's lost it and doesn't have the mentality to overcome his struggles.

It's early, obviously, but our pitching has been terrible and we're not able to score 8+ runs each game to give us a chance to win.

Mets lost their first game 5-3 to the Phillies. That was the 31st game that Jacob DeGrom left with a lead that the bullpen blew. 31!! And in a pretty short career. He was removed from today's game with a 2-0 lead after throwing only 77 pitches through 6 innings. The manager should have let him pitch another inning. Mets are 0-1.

The Phillies, on the other hand, have started 4-0. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Mets lost their first game 5-3 to the Phillies. That was the 31st game that Jacob DeGrom left with a lead that the bullpen blew. 31!! And in a pretty short career. He was removed from today's game with a 2-0 lead after throwing only 77 pitches through 6 innings. The manager should have let him pitch another inning. Mets are 0-1.

I know you love the Mets but DeGrom needs to get out of that organization. They are wasting his career. The guy is special and his career is being wasted, sad really. I would love it if he joined the Cubs, Cubs at least can win their division and give DeGrom a chance in the playoffs.

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You guys needed better Bullpen Performance. To me the idea of taking him out early wasn't the worst idea with first game, long season, and injury issues in past. In reality the bullpen would have just blown it later, that is where the real problem is. I have been wanting Ross to pull Cubs starters after about 80 pitches until maybe mid to late may just to get more buildup

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You guys needed better Bullpen Performance. To me the idea of taking him out early wasn't the worst idea with first game, long season, and injury issues in past. In reality the bullpen would have just blown it later, that is where the real problem is. I have been wanting Ross to pull Cubs starters after about 80 pitches until maybe mid to late may just to get more buildup

I hear you. But we spent a lot to sign Trevor May. And he had been great for the Twins. He could not get hitters out in the 8th. 

I think the Mets' lack of runs is probably most responsible for the loss. They just can't hit with men in scoring position. I saw something on the broadcast yesterday that showed that the Mets led the NL in hitting last season (shocking) but were 7th in scoring (not a surprise). They can't put hits together to score enough runs to win.

Archived