Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Have you been to a Cardinals game before?  Busch Stadium is really nice and the view of the Arch beyond center field is a great backdrop.  Hope you can make a game there...I am hoping to do the same later this summer.

Yep, I think i have been to 3 or 4 Cubs/Cards game at Busch. It was a close drive for me when I was living at home like 3 hours. Now I live in St. Louis County, so it is a much closer (15 min) game plus tickets havent been expensive even with limited seating. I kinda have gotten so use to see the arch since I always drove through STL to school, so kinda became a regular occurrence for me.  I am just looking forward to going to games again. And now instead of Minneapolis in June, it appears it will be AZ, so that should be fun

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is a question for not just Cubs fans but everyone that posts on this thread,

If the Cubs with the current core players that they have had = Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Hendricks, and I will include Jake because he was on the team in 2017 and back again now (all members of the 2016 WS championship team), fail to win another WS, have they:

A. Underachieved by not at least winning 2 WS

B. Overachieved because along with winning the WS in 2016, they have won 3 NL Central Division titles as well = 2016, 2017, and 2020

C. Did what they were suppose too by ending the 108 yr jinx of not winning a WS by winning it all in 2016 + staying good with the 2 other NL Central Division titles in 2017 and 2020

I will go with C, no one ever thought they would win one, so the fact we did

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is a question for not just Cubs fans but everyone that posts on this thread,

If the Cubs with the current core players that they have had = Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Hendricks, and I will include Jake because he was on the team in 2017 and back again now (all members of the 2016 WS championship team), fail to win another WS, have they:

A. Underachieved by not at least winning 2 WS

B. Overachieved because along with winning the WS in 2016, they have won 3 NL Central Division titles as well = 2016, 2017, and 2020

C. Did what they were suppose too by ending the 108 yr jinx of not winning a WS by winning it all in 2016 + staying good with the 2 other NL Central Division titles in 2017 and 2020

I pick C as well......as underwhelming and disappointing as the last few seasons have ended, they have achieved quite a bit and broke the curse. They’ll start clicking again just in a rut right now.

GoCubsGo!

Cubs win! Much needed win over the Brewers. Willson Contreras hit a 2 run HR in the top of the 8th to put the Cubs ahead for good 3-2. Strop got the win, Kimbrel the save. Despite the mediocre play, the Cubs are now 5-6 and pretty much cluttered up with the other teams in the division.

Reds are at 7-3

Brewers are at 6-5

Cards are at 6-5, they are up 14-1 tonight so they will go to 6-5.

Cubs are at 5-6

Pirates are at 4-7

Kimbrel has been one of the few bright spots this season for Cubs pitching, along with Jake who pitches tomorrow. Hopefully Jake can get us back to .500. 

Fly the Flag @HOZER

It is bunched up as of now in the NL Central:

Standings as of April 14th

Reds 7-4 

Brewers 6-5 (1 back)

Cards 6-5 (1 back)

Cubs 5-6 (2 back)

Pirates 4-7 (3 back)

As bad as the Cubs have played, they are only 2 games out of 1st place. Reds just lost tonight. What seems weird is, I think the Reds have played great but are only 7-4.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! Much needed win over the Brewers. Willson Contreras hit a 2 run HR in the top of the 8th to put the Cubs ahead for good 3-2. Strop got the win, Kimbrel the save. Despite the mediocre play, the Cubs are now 5-6 and pretty much cluttered up with the other teams in the division.

Reds are at 7-3

Brewers are at 6-5

Cards are at 6-5, they are up 14-1 tonight so they will go to 6-5.

Cubs are at 5-6

Pirates are at 4-7

Kimbrel has been one of the few bright spots this season for Cubs pitching, along with Jake who pitches tomorrow. Hopefully Jake can get us back to .500. 

Fly the Flag @HOZER

Contreras gets his payback!!! And I find it odd that Woodruff got so upset when he was thrown at(not hit) as he is the one who has plunked Contreras the most the past several times they’ve played the Pirates. Anyway...

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

On 4/13/2021 at 12:21 PM, Myles said:

I agree, Busch stadium is a great place.  

Fort Wayne has a San Diego affiliate team.  It's a very nice stadium.   I went to several games over the years.   It was nice to see Fernando Tatis Jr. develop in his years on the Fort Wayne tin Caps.   I always pulled for him because I remember his dad playing for the Cardinals.   Tatis Sr's claim to fame is being the only player ever to hit 2 grand slams in 1 inning.  He still holds the record for most RBI's in an inning too.   

FORT WAYNE, Ind. - Stadium Journey has once again ranked Parkview Field as the No. 1 Class A ballpark in Minor League Baseball. The home of the Fort Wayne TinCaps has topped the publication's list of Class A venues for 10 consecutive years since their rankings began.

I'd like to go to a game there sometime...also to a game in South Bend.  Been to a game at Bosse Field in Evansville, which was featured in the movie, A League Of Their Own.  It's the second oldest stadium still in use behind Wrigley Field.

12 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I'd like to go to a game there sometime...also to a game in South Bend.  Been to a game at Bosse Field in Evansville, which was featured in the movie, A League Of Their Own.  It's the second oldest stadium still in use behind Wrigley Field.

Thanks for the info.  

I want to go to a Toledo Mudhens game.  Not for the stadium as it was built 19 years ago so it is not new and shiney yet it isn't old enough to give you that nostalgia feel.  I think it mostly stems from it being mentions by Klinger on Mash so many times. 

Looked up Bosse Field on Wiki.   Looks like it is the 3rd oldest.   Fenway - 1912, Wrigley - 1914, Bosse - 1915.

It was also a football stadium when Evansville had an NFL team called the Evansville Crimson Giants.  

I would have loved to be at the music festival there in 1972 (well I would have been only 2 years old, but you know what I mean).

Tina Turner

Edgar Winter

Dr. John

Black Oak Arkansas

Spirit

Country Joe and the Fish

Howling Wolf

John Lee Hooker

Cactus

and a few others.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Thanks for the info.  

I want to go to a Toledo Mudhens game.  Not for the stadium as it was built 19 years ago so it is not new and shiney yet it isn't old enough to give you that nostalgia feel.  I think it mostly stems from it being mentions by Klinger on Mash so many times. 

Looked up Bosse Field on Wiki.   Looks like it is the 3rd oldest.   Fenway - 1912, Wrigley - 1914, Bosse - 1915.

It was also a football stadium when Evansville had an NFL team called the Evansville Crimson Giants.  

I would have loved to be at the music festival there in 1972 (well I would have been only 2 years old, but you know what I mean).

Tina Turner

Edgar Winter

Dr. John

Black Oak Arkansas

Spirit

Country Joe and the Fish

Howling Wolf

John Lee Hooker

Cactus

and a few others.

Thanks for the correction on it being the 3rd oldest, not the 2nd.

Went to a Mud Hens game several years back in the new ballpark, which I think was only 2 or 3 years old at the time.  Nice ballpark with a nice view of downtown.

Since we've talked about going to games in different ballparks, major and minor league, I wanted to post this list I put together last year during the pandemic when I had time on my hands.

My Baseball Journeys

ALABAMA

Huntsville – Joe W. Davis Stadium – Huntsville Stars (Southern League AA)

Birmingham – Young Memorial Field – UAB Blazers (NCAA – attended 3 game series as play-by-play announcer for Western Kentucky Hilltoppers)

COLORADO

Denver – Mile High Stadium – Denver Bears (American Association AAA – only visited the stadium, didn’t see a game)

FLORIDA

Jupiter – Roger Dean Stadium – St. Louis Cardinals Spring Training Game

GEORGIA

Atlanta – Fulton County Stadium – Atlanta Braves (MLB – met Ted Turner at the game)

ILLINOIS

Chicago – Wrigley Field – Chicago Cubs (MLB – have attended 3 games there, met Harry Caray at first game I attended)

Chicago – New Comiskey Park – Chicago White Sox (MLB – have attended 2 games there)

INDIANA

Evansville – Bosse Field – Evansville Otters (Frontier League)

Indianapolis – Bush Stadium – Indianapolis Indians (American Association AAA)

Indianapolis – Victory Field – Indianapolis Indians (International League AAA)

Huntingburg – League Stadium – Dubois County Bombers (Ohio Valley League)

KENTUCKY

Louisville – Fairgrounds Stadium – Louisville Colonels (American Association AAA – attended Playoff game which was the last game in Louisville Colonels franchise history)

Louisville – Cardinal Stadium – Louisville Redbirds (American Association AAA – numerous games)

Louisville – Cardinal Stadium – Louisville RiverBats (International League AAA – numerous games)

Louisville – Slugger Field – Louisville RiverBats (International League AAA – several games)

Louisville – Slugger Field – Louisville Bats (International League AAA – numerous games)

Louisville – Parkway Field – Louisville Cardinals (NCAA – this was their home prior to moving their games to Cardinal Stadium at the Fairgrounds)

Louisville – Cardinal Stadium – Louisville Cardinals (NCAA – several games)

Louisville – Jim Patterson Stadium – Louisville Cardinals (NCAA – numerous games)

Lexington – Whitaker Bank Ballpark – Lexington Legends (South Atlantic A – had tickets, attended during rain delay, but game was rained out before it began)

Bowling Green – Nick Denes Field – Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (NCAA – attended numerous games as the radio play-by-play announcer for the Hilltoppers and also as a fan; met Hall of Famer Robin Roberts (South Florida coach), Eddie Stanky (South Alabama coach) and Harry “The Hat” Walker (Alabama-Birmingham coach)

MARYLAND

Frederick – Harry Grove Stadium – Frederick Keys (Carolina League A – won a drawing for a mountain bike and traded it to an employee for a team jacket)

MICHIGAN

Detroit – Tiger Stadium – Detroit Tigers (MLB – attended game in the last year of Tiger Stadium)

Detroit – Comerica Park – Detroit Tigers (MLB – have attended 2 games there)

MISSOURI

St. Louis – Busch Stadium II – St. Louis Cardinals (MLB – attended 4 games there)

St. Louis – New Busch Stadium - St. Louis Cardinals (MLB – attended 3 games there and also took stadium tour)

Kansas City – Kaufman Stadium - Kansas City Royals (MLB)

NORTH CAROLINA

Durham – Durham Bulls Athletic Park – Durham Bulls (International League AAA – attended 2 games there)

Durham – Durham Athletic Park – Durham Bulls (visited the former ballpark, which was the setting for the movie Bull Durham)

Chapel Hill – Bryson Field at Boshamer Stadium – North Carolina Tar Heels (NCAA)

Zebulon – Five County Stadium – Carolina Mudcats (Carolina League A Advanced – saw former University of Louisville product Corey Ray play for the Mudcats)

Kannapolis – Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium – Piedmont Boll Weevils (South Atlantic A – had ticket to game with my uncle Keith, sat through pre-game rain delay, but game was rained out before it began)

NEW YORK

New York City – Old Yankee Stadium – New York Yankees (MLB – did not attend a game, but did stop by and get photos outside of the ballpark and saw the new Yankee Stadium being built next door)

Cooperstown – Doubleday Field – Exhibition game (attended a portion of a game and enjoyed a picnic lunch at this historic ballpark during my visit to the National Baseball Hall of Fame)

Troy – Joseph L. Bruno Stadium – Tri-City ValleyCats (New York-Penn League A Short Season – did not attend game, but visited the ballpark)

OHIO

Cincinnati – Riverfront Stadium – Cincinnati Reds (MLB – attended numerous games there, including a 1 hitter pitched by Phil Niekro of the Atlanta Braves)

Cincinnati – Great American Ballpark – Cincinnati Reds (MLB – attended numerous games including major league debut of Jay Bruce)

Cleveland – Jacobs Field – Cleveland Indians (MLB)

Columbus – Cooper Stadium – Columbus Clippers (International League AAA – did not attend a game, but did visit the ballpark)

Columbus – Huntington Bank Ballpark – Columbus Clippers (International League AAA – did not attend a game, but visited the ballpark)

Toledo – Fifth Third Field – Toledo Mud Hens (International League AAA)

PENNSYLVANIA

Harrisburg – FNB Field – Harrisburg Senators (Eastern League AA)

SOUTH CAROLINA

Myrtle Beach – TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark – Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Carolina League A Advanced)

TENNESSEE

Nashville – Herschel Greer Stadium – Nashville Sounds (American Association AAA)

Chattanooga – AT&T Field – Chattanooga Lookouts (Southern League AA – did not attend game, but visited the ballpark)

WISCONSIN

Milwaukee – County Stadium – Milwaukee Brewers (MLB – attended game in last year of County Stadium and saw Miller Park being constructed next door)

WEST VIRGINIA

Charleston – Appalachian Power Park – West Virginia Power (South Atlantic League A – did not attend game, but visited ballpark)

23 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Since we've talked about going to games in different ballparks, major and minor league, I wanted to post this list I put together last year during the pandemic when I had time on my hands.

My Baseball Journeys

ALABAMA

Huntsville – Joe W. Davis Stadium – Huntsville Stars (Southern League AA)

Birmingham – Young Memorial Field – UAB Blazers (NCAA – attended 3 game series as play-by-play announcer for Western Kentucky Hilltoppers)

COLORADO

Denver – Mile High Stadium – Denver Bears (American Association AAA – only visited the stadium, didn’t see a game)

FLORIDA

Jupiter – Roger Dean Stadium – St. Louis Cardinals Spring Training Game

GEORGIA

Atlanta – Fulton County Stadium – Atlanta Braves (MLB – met Ted Turner at the game)

ILLINOIS

Chicago – Wrigley Field – Chicago Cubs (MLB – have attended 3 games there, met Harry Caray at first game I attended)

Chicago – New Comiskey Park – Chicago White Sox (MLB – have attended 2 games there)

INDIANA

Evansville – Bosse Field – Evansville Otters (Frontier League)

Indianapolis – Bush Stadium – Indianapolis Indians (American Association AAA)

Indianapolis – Victory Field – Indianapolis Indians (International League AAA)

Huntingburg – League Stadium – Dubois County Bombers (Ohio Valley League)

KENTUCKY

Louisville – Fairgrounds Stadium – Louisville Colonels (American Association AAA – attended Playoff game which was the last game in Louisville Colonels franchise history)

Louisville – Cardinal Stadium – Louisville Redbirds (American Association AAA – numerous games)

Louisville – Cardinal Stadium – Louisville RiverBats (International League AAA – numerous games)

Louisville – Slugger Field – Louisville RiverBats (International League AAA – several games)

Louisville – Slugger Field – Louisville Bats (International League AAA – numerous games)

Louisville – Parkway Field – Louisville Cardinals (NCAA – this was their home prior to moving their games to Cardinal Stadium at the Fairgrounds)

Louisville – Cardinal Stadium – Louisville Cardinals (NCAA – several games)

Louisville – Jim Patterson Stadium – Louisville Cardinals (NCAA – numerous games)

Lexington – Whitaker Bank Ballpark – Lexington Legends (South Atlantic A – had tickets, attended during rain delay, but game was rained out before it began)

Bowling Green – Nick Denes Field – Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (NCAA – attended numerous games as the radio play-by-play announcer for the Hilltoppers and also as a fan; met Hall of Famer Robin Roberts (South Florida coach), Eddie Stanky (South Alabama coach) and Harry “The Hat” Walker (Alabama-Birmingham coach)

MARYLAND

Frederick – Harry Grove Stadium – Frederick Keys (Carolina League A – won a drawing for a mountain bike and traded it to an employee for a team jacket)

MICHIGAN

Detroit – Tiger Stadium – Detroit Tigers (MLB – attended game in the last year of Tiger Stadium)

Detroit – Comerica Park – Detroit Tigers (MLB – have attended 2 games there)

MISSOURI

St. Louis – Busch Stadium II – St. Louis Cardinals (MLB – attended 4 games there)

St. Louis – New Busch Stadium - St. Louis Cardinals (MLB – attended 3 games there and also took stadium tour)

Kansas City – Kaufman Stadium - Kansas City Royals (MLB)

NORTH CAROLINA

Durham – Durham Bulls Athletic Park – Durham Bulls (International League AAA – attended 2 games there)

Durham – Durham Athletic Park – Durham Bulls (visited the former ballpark, which was the setting for the movie Bull Durham)

Chapel Hill – Bryson Field at Boshamer Stadium – North Carolina Tar Heels (NCAA)

Zebulon – Five County Stadium – Carolina Mudcats (Carolina League A Advanced – saw former University of Louisville product Corey Ray play for the Mudcats)

Kannapolis – Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium – Piedmont Boll Weevils (South Atlantic A – had ticket to game with my uncle Keith, sat through pre-game rain delay, but game was rained out before it began)

NEW YORK

New York City – Old Yankee Stadium – New York Yankees (MLB – did not attend a game, but did stop by and get photos outside of the ballpark and saw the new Yankee Stadium being built next door)

Cooperstown – Doubleday Field – Exhibition game (attended a portion of a game and enjoyed a picnic lunch at this historic ballpark during my visit to the National Baseball Hall of Fame)

Troy – Joseph L. Bruno Stadium – Tri-City ValleyCats (New York-Penn League A Short Season – did not attend game, but visited the ballpark)

OHIO

Cincinnati – Riverfront Stadium – Cincinnati Reds (MLB – attended numerous games there, including a 1 hitter pitched by Phil Niekro of the Atlanta Braves)

Cincinnati – Great American Ballpark – Cincinnati Reds (MLB – attended numerous games including major league debut of Jay Bruce)

Cleveland – Jacobs Field – Cleveland Indians (MLB)

Columbus – Cooper Stadium – Columbus Clippers (International League AAA – did not attend a game, but did visit the ballpark)

Columbus – Huntington Bank Ballpark – Columbus Clippers (International League AAA – did not attend a game, but visited the ballpark)

Toledo – Fifth Third Field – Toledo Mud Hens (International League AAA)

PENNSYLVANIA

Harrisburg – FNB Field – Harrisburg Senators (Eastern League AA)

SOUTH CAROLINA

Myrtle Beach – TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark – Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Carolina League A Advanced)

TENNESSEE

Nashville – Herschel Greer Stadium – Nashville Sounds (American Association AAA)

Chattanooga – AT&T Field – Chattanooga Lookouts (Southern League AA – did not attend game, but visited the ballpark)

WISCONSIN

Milwaukee – County Stadium – Milwaukee Brewers (MLB – attended game in last year of County Stadium and saw Miller Park being constructed next door)

WEST VIRGINIA

Charleston – Appalachian Power Park – West Virginia Power (South Atlantic League A – did not attend game, but visited ballpark)

Holy cow!   That is a long list.   I bet you had forgotten some too.   I can't remember all mine and the list is probably only 10 or so.  That would include college football stadiums.

31 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Thanks for the correction on it being the 3rd oldest, not the 2nd.

Went to a Mud Hens game several years back in the new ballpark, which I think was only 2 or 3 years old at the time.  Nice ballpark with a nice view of downtown.

If it matters, I meant to add that I am not correcting you to be a jerk.  

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

If it matters, I meant to add that I am not correcting you to be a jerk.  

I know you're not, I always stand corrected when I'm not accurate.  As I typed that, I wondered about Fenway, but I recall hearing or seeing that Bosse was the second oldest someplace.  Or, I'm getting old and forgetful :)

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

Holy cow!   That is a long list.   I bet you had forgotten some too.   I can't remember all mine and the list is probably only 10 or so.  That would include college football stadiums.

I didn't include football games or basketball games, but those lists are much shorter.

@Barry Sears

I will give you mine for Baseball too.

Indiana

Victory Field- Indianapolis. International League. Was my first professional baseball game like 15 years ago or so. 

Four Winds Field- South Bend, IN. Midwest League. Went with a friend to see Cubs prospects. Really liked the smallness close to field feeling there.

Illinois

Dozer Park- Peoria, IL. MIdwest League- Numerous since I lived there for 13 years went from Cubs to Cards affiliate. Also worked there for a summer

Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL. Numerous times of course.

Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. Saw White Sox vs Tigers and only 7 inning game as it poured rain after the 7th and game ended.

Iowa

Principal Park Des Moines, IA. PCL - Was back in 2014 when Javy and KB were both there. Actually got a picture with KB and autograph after the game.

Massachutes

Fenway Park- Boston, MA. Went in 2018 saw JD Martinez hit a HR over the Green Monster was really nice with electricity. Also they won WS later that year.

Missouri

Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO. Been multiple times, and will probably be there in a couple weeks for a game since living here.

Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, MO. Actually went on a tour of the stadium before the game and got to see and hold a 2015 WS Ring. 

Hammons Field, Springfield, MO. Texas League. Multiple and Cards Double A team. Nice Stadium. Went a lot as it was up the street from school the last 3 years. 

New York

Citi Field, Queens, NY. 1 game, sadly was really raining but was really nice going there and loved the Apple in CF

Yankees Stadium, Bronx, NY. Got to sit right behind bullpens. Energetic and enjoyed seeing some historical aspects but still new Stadium. 

Ohio

Great American Ballpark Cincinnati, OH- 2 games. Really like the park. Seemed like it is situated for family to come to and see. Like their club seats and special area for that.

Pennsylvania 

Citizens Bank Park- Philadelphia, PA- Liked the open concept of the stadium there. easy to walk around. Loved the bullpen being stacked on each other.

Wisconsin

Miller Park. Really Outdated already. A/C was terrible since roof was closed. Even if didnt hate Brewers, I still would put park at bottom. Just did not seem like anybody cared when making it. It is same level to me as A's or TB's

Ontario

Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON, CAD- Really interesting park. Enjoyed that a hotel is located in it. Found it funny you can bounce baseball on the field due to turf. Better bang for your buck than US parks. Food was cheap. Ended up getting 2 tickets 20 rows behind home plate for 50$ total. Would recommend, but never got to see it with roof open

So I have 11 MLB stadiums, 5 MiLB teams

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@Barry Sears

I will give you mine for Baseball too.

Indiana

Victory Field- Indianapolis. International League. Was my first professional baseball game like 15 years ago or so. 

Four Winds Field- South Bend, IN. Midwest League. Went with a friend to see Cubs prospects. Really liked the smallness close to field feeling there.

Illinois

Dozer Park- Peoria, IL. MIdwest League- Numerous since I lived there for 13 years went from Cubs to Cards affiliate. Also worked there for a summer

Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL. Numerous times of course.

Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. Saw White Sox vs Tigers and only 7 inning game as it poured rain after the 7th and game ended.

Iowa

Principal Park Des Moines, IA. PCL - Was back in 2014 when Javy and KB were both there. Actually got a picture with KB and autograph after the game.

Massachutes

Fenway Park- Boston, MA. Went in 2018 saw JD Martinez hit a HR over the Green Monster was really nice with electricity. Also they won WS later that year.

Missouri

Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO. Been multiple times, and will probably be there in a couple weeks for a game since living here.

Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, MO. Actually went on a tour of the stadium before the game and got to see and hold a 2015 WS Ring. 

Hammons Field, Springfield, MO. Texas League. Multiple and Cards Double A team. Nice Stadium. Went a lot as it was up the street from school the last 3 years. 

New York

Citi Field, Queens, NY. 1 game, sadly was really raining but was really nice going there and loved the Apple in CF

Yankees Stadium, Bronx, NY. Got to sit right behind bullpens. Energetic and enjoyed seeing some historical aspects but still new Stadium. 

Ohio

Great American Ballpark Cincinnati, OH- 2 games. Really like the park. Seemed like it is situated for family to come to and see. Like their club seats and special area for that.

Pennsylvania 

Citizens Bank Park- Philadelphia, PA- Liked the open concept of the stadium there. easy to walk around. Loved the bullpen being stacked on each other.

Wisconsin

Miller Park. Really Outdated already. A/C was terrible since roof was closed. Even if didnt hate Brewers, I still would put park at bottom. Just did not seem like anybody cared when making it. It is same level to me as A's or TB's

Ontario

Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON, CAD- Really interesting park. Enjoyed that a hotel is located in it. Found it funny you can bounce baseball on the field due to turf. Better bang for your buck than US parks. Food was cheap. Ended up getting 2 tickets 20 rows behind home plate for 50$ total. Would recommend, but never got to see it with roof open

So I have 11 MLB stadiums, 5 MiLB teams

Still a pretty good list.   I grew up around th St. Louis area.    Imperial, MO and then Waterloo ,IL.   I like the area.   Real good music scene.   Of course K-She 95 was the radio station of choice.

Where abouts are you?

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

Still a pretty good list.   I grew up around th St. Louis area.    Imperial, MO and then Waterloo ,IL.   I like the area.   Real good music scene.   Of course K-She 95 was the radio station of choice.

Where abouts are you?

Ya I would have had all of CA and Texas if not for Pandemic last year. Plan AZ in June and hopefully finally Texas too. 

Just off of 170 in University City. I work out in Clayton, will end up moving though once my lease is up.

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Didn’t even watch today, or listen. Glad I didn’t. :censored:

I didn't either, it was an early game and I work nights so I was in bed. When I woke up I seen 7-0 Brewers. Jake took his 1st loss. Our bats are dead right now, Cubs better get it together soon, digging a hole isn't good. Reds did lose today which put them at 7-5 but I am more concerned with our play right now. Brewers are also 7-5 now, Cards are just 6-6 (they lost today as well) so all the teams are bunched up.

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ross suspended for a game, will be out Friday. Terpara suspended 3 games is appealing. This is because of throwing behind Woodruff. Brewers wont ever get anything even though, they showed more control Wednesday somehow after hitting Willson in basically every other game. No fines either.

"Brewers wont ever get anything", of course not and they will never win a WS either lmao . So their fans tears will be in their beers once again for the 52 years that franchise has been around. You don't have the ring it doesn't mean a thing :thmup:

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The Cubs have just looked pathetic this season. Give up a double to a Pitcher. Can't score second and third 1 out. The bullpen is only thing that has looked positive. They will be selling, there is just nothing going for them this season, they just look completely lost.

Looking bad early. Something isn't right that is for sure. I am not going to panic yet but if by the end of May we aren't at least .500, it may be time to make a few changes and even panic a little. April and May both are feeling out processes but you would like to be no worse than .500 heading into June. June is where the bulk of the season starts.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looking bad early. Something isn't right that is for sure. I am not going to panic yet but if by the end of May we aren't at least .500, it may be time to make a few changes and even panic a little. April and May both are feeling out processes but you would like to be no worse than .500 heading into June. June is where the bulk of the season starts.

Too me, they arent just looking bad they are look atrocious and this is kinda based on prior years, just still showing the same things it seems

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Too me, they arent just looking bad they are look atrocious and this is kinda based on prior years, just still showing the same things it seems

Yeah I have noticed a down word trend since after we won the WS in 2016, 2017 was still a very good season. Made it too the NLCS but since then we haven't won a playoff game. 

Cardinals look bad again...time for Carlos Martinez to go back to the bullpen.  He's okay for an inning or two, but just doesn't work as a starter anymore.  Kim is off the IL and starting today...hopefully does well.

Our starting pitching ERA is the worst in the NL, ugh!

So far this year, seven Mets games have been postponed due to either rain or something COVID-related. The Mets play the Rockies. Jacob deGrom has a .68 ERA, yet he is 0-1. The Mets don't hit for him. Let's see if they will today.

Enjoy the baseball this weekend, everyone.  

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

So far this year, seven Mets games have been postponed due to either rain or something COVID-related. The Mets play the Rockies. Jacob deGrom has a .68 ERA, yet he is 0-1. The Mets don't hit for him. Let's see if they will today.

Enjoy the baseball this weekend, everyone.  

Mets are in 1st place in the East happy homer simpson GIF

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

David Bote hit that one a mile lmao . HOLY COW! A 3 run HR, 11-0 Cubs. Someone must of lit a fire under this team?? This is the best they have looked all year!

This is way more fun to watch that’s for sure! :rock:

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hendricks is getting on my nerves - Boooooooo. Should've traded him and kept Yu. Hendricks sucks this year! 

Down 6-0 in the first, lol, gonna be a looooong game. Something is definitely wrong with Hendricks, this is not him.

Archived