Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jimenez might turn out to be great, Whitesox have to be happy about that. To me Montgomery isn't a starter, he is a solid BullPen guy so I liked the trade.

Speaking of your rotation, why hasn't Eddie Butler been pitching instead of Montgomery? That seems pretty dumb to me

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Speaking of trades, I heard a ridiculous trade proposal. Someone said the Mets should trade Jacob deGrom if they could get top prospects. Absolutely not. He is a young guy, is not making much money, and has been successful here. I want to keep our good young players. Now, they can trade the older players.

Hey, Jay, I wanted to trade for Cozart when he was an unknown. He is having a great year this year. I was glad to see him in the All Star Game.

Zack Cozart is an amazing SS. One of the lone bright spots for the Reds. And yeah I wouldn't even think about trading Jacob DeGrom. That's just insane to even think about

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Zack Cozart is an amazing SS. One of the lone bright spots for the Reds. And yeah I wouldn't even think about trading Jacob DeGrom. That's just insane to even think about

I like Cozart a lot. Joey Votto is not too bad himself. He has quietly had a borderline HoF-type career.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards have a glut of good young outfielders , but they wont trade them for a rental as PT calls them.

That is smart. I hate giving up prospects. How is Michael Fulmer doing? The Mets gave him up when they acquired Cespedes from the Tigers.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I like Cozart a lot. Joey Votto is not too bad himself. He has quietly had a borderline HoF-type career.

I don't know why they fired Dusty Baker. He had taken them to the postseason three times in a span of four years. They haven't been good since. They hadn't even sniffed the postseason until Dusty took them there

Nats are too but the Dodgers and Astros are playing out of this world. They both are capable of winning more games than last years Cubs which was 103. It will be close.

Nats have a lot of injuries. Our announcers reported that one of their pitchers will have Tommy John surgery. Another key player suffered an injury recently. I cannot recall the name.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Nats have a lot of injuries. Our announcers reported that one of their pitchers will have Tommy John surgery. Another key player suffered an injury recently. I cannot recall the name.

Joe Ross is the name. He's gonna undergo Tommy John surgery

Just now, NFLfan said:

Not sure either, I will check it out. It seems like everything is setting up perfectly for the Dodgers. Cubs, Cards, and Mets all 3 could miss the Playoffs?? Giants are out of as well. Nats have injuries too.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't know why they fired Dusty Baker. He had taken them to the postseason three times in a span of four years. They haven't been good since. They hadn't even sniffed the postseason until Dusty took them there

Everywhere Dusty has been, he has taken the team to the playoffs (Giants, Cubs, Reds, and Nats). He just has not won the whole thing. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure either, I will check it out. It seems like everything is setting up perfectly for the Dodgers. Cubs, Cards, and Mets all 3 could miss the Playoffs?? Giants are out of as well. Nats have injuries too.

Mets are out. They won't catch the Nats. I guess they may catch Colorado for the second WC but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Everywhere Dusty has been, he has taken the team to the playoffs (Giants, Cubs, Reds, and Nats). He just has not won the whole thing. 

He has had some of the worse luck I have ever seen. Did someone put a voodoo jinx on him. He has had some 3-1 leads in series and lost! Cubs were one of them in 2003 - Bartman! Rangers had the Cards beat too in 2011. That Cards comeback was epic.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs wont make it unless they win the Division IMO. Right now its Phillies 2 Brewers 2.

Cubs and Cards can catch the Brewers. It is still July. It is not like you are 10 games behind. The Met are 12 games behind the Nats.

He has had some of the worse luck I have ever seen. Did someone put a voodoo jinx on him. He has had some 3-1 leads in series and lost! Cubs were one of them in 2003 - Bartman! Rangers had the Cards beat too in 2011. That Cards comeback was epic.

He was not the Rangers manager. It was Washington (first name escapes me).

You are right, my bad but he has still been involved in some unreal collapses.

Oh yeah. He should have won the World Series when the Giants made it. I recall Russ Ortiz pitching a good game and they lost it.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How Nelson Cruz didn't catch that ball still blows my mind

The Giants had a player that I liked a lot, J. T. Snow. I remember Snow grabbing Dusty Baker's kid during a game when a player was about to barrel into home plate. That could have been disaster there. Thanks to Snow, the kid was spared injury or worse.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ron Washington was actually the manager of that Rangers team but that comeback by the Cards was still unreal. I was thinking it was Dusty for some reason.

Yeah they came back twice in the bottom half of the 9th and 11th innings. Then David Freese hit a walk off HR in the 13th if I'm not mistaken

Archived