Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, GOZER said:

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! Thanks to a HR by Addison Russell!!! Wheeeeew!!!!!!

IMG_0126.JPG

I have come to the conclusion neither Cubs or Cards are going anywhere till they fix the bull pens. Its a must for both teams.

18 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I have come to the conclusion neither Cubs or Cards are going anywhere till they fix the bull pens. Its a must for both teams.

Are you interested in any of the Mets relievers? Mets will be sellers. I like Addison Reed a lot. He has been the set-up man but has been closing games when our regular closer has been out. I believe he is a free agent after this year. 

7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I agree 100%. Hoping to see something good out of Quintana tomorrow, and hoping Hendricks comes back firing as well soon. Have the Cards made any moves?

I should have gone to the game today. The weather is beautiful and the Mets are playing well. They are up 8-0. 

What has happened to the Rockies? They are not playing well. Their defense was supposed to be pretty good but they have been playing sloppy defense.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are you interested in any of the Mets relievers? Mets will be sellers. I like Addison Reed a lot. He has been the set-up man but has been closin games when our regular closer has been out. I believe he is a free agent after this year. 

At this point interested in anyone who can close out a game.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Nice! All of our teams are pitching shutouts and have big leads.

Mets still 8-0, top.5th

Cards 4-0

Cubs 7-0

JINX!!!!!!!!!!

7-1 Cubs bottom of the 5th

*Correction, 8-1 with a Contreras RBI double!

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

My team sucks but I'll still talk baseball with all you guys. Been away from here all week but here to talk some baseball

Do you want your team to be sellers? If so, who are you willing to part with and for what?

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Well they traded Quintana for prospects so I like that. They've got good players for the future

I hated to see Jimenez go but I like Quintana. Cubs are in a win now mode and they have such a young team so they can afford to trade a few of these prospect guys. Happ is pretty good and he wasn't even on the team last season. Bryant, Rizzo, KyleS, Baez, and Russ are all young. I am super glad we didn't trade you guys KyleS or Russell because that was rumored.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hated to see Jimenez go but I like Quintana. Cubs are in a win now mode and they have such a young team so they can afford to trade a few of these prospect guys. Happ is pretty good and he wasn't even on the team last season. Bryant, Rizzo, KyleS, Baez, and Russ are all young. I am super glad we didn't trade you guys KyleS or Russell because that was rumored.

Quintana is a really good pitcher. He should definitely solidify that 5th spot in the rotation. He's better than Montgomery. It was a good trade for both teams

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Quintana is a really good pitcher. He should definitely solidify that 5th spot in the rotation. He's better than Montgomery. It was a good trade for both teams

Jimenez might turn out to be great, Whitesox have to be happy about that. To me Montgomery isn't a starter, he is a solid BullPen guy so I liked the trade.

Speaking of trades, I heard a ridiculous trade proposal. Someone said the Mets should trade Jacob deGrom if they could get top prospects. Absolutely not. He is a young guy, is not making much money, and has been successful here. I want to keep our good young players. Now, they can trade the older players.

Hey, Jay, I wanted to trade for Cozart when he was an unknown. He is having a great year this year. I was glad to see him in the All Star Game.

Archived