Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards may be interested in Reed , we shall see.Zack Duke will be back in a week or so , really looking good in long rehab stint , so probably no interest in Blevins.

 

I like Reed a lot. I heard the Yankees are trying to trade for Reed and Duda.

 

Mets look like they are going to lose this one again. The Cards are about to break the game open here. The Cards have so much speed. That is NL ball. 

 

Molina is up. The guy reminds me of Jeter. He is clutch.

 

Btw, Jay, please wish your buddy and his wife happy birthday from all of us. His wife's bday was last week and his is Friday, I believe. (I remember because we are all July babies.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like Reed a lot. I heard the Yankees are trying to trade for Reed and Duda.

 

Mets look like they are going to lose this one again. The Cards are about to break the game open here. The Cards have so much speed. That is NL ball. 

 

Molina is up. The guy reminds me of Jeter. He us clutch.

 

Btw, Jay, please wish your buddy and his wife happy birthday from all of us. His wife's bday was last week and his is Friday, I believe. (I remember because we are all July babies.)

Will do NFL , probably talk to him tomorrow.:thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wacha is 4-0 over last 4 starts 1.01 ERA to me this very encouraging , in all honesty with the curveball hes developed to go with the great change and good fastball is dominating , this is the pitcher I expected him to develop into.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yankees made a blockbuster trade last night

 

Yep. I like what the ChiSox are doing. Yankees did the same last year and acquired players who will be their core for 10+ years. I wish the Mets would do the same. 

 

This trade means Reed and Duda are not going to the Yankees.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

So, do you want the Cards to be sellers? If so, who are you willing to part with?

I don't think so.   I don't really think they have much of a need to unload anyone.   I also don't think they have anyone that other teams would be interested in pursuing.  I don't think we should even consider trading any pitching.   I'd like to see them be fairly inactive this season.   They have young talent which is developing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I doubt I root for Brewers and really don't think I will have to worry about it, they will still slide back in my opinion. The talent on the Cards I respectfully disagree with you , position wise they have plenty and have been scoring plenty. The real thing they must shore up is no different from the Cubs , the bullpen if either club does this and makes it , they could cause problems in the post season regardless of who they are playing. I have been following this game for I believe 53 years , I might have learned a thing or 2 about talent in that time. The Cards are also loaded with outfielders , if need be they can part with Gricheck or Piscotty for pitching and not hurt themselves a bit , we can even include Diaz as well. Dejong is for real , already seen him make adjustments at plate and can hit the breaking ball as well. He is your short stop , all the people tied in with the Cards say the same.

I agree to a point.   I think the sheer number of decent young players they have is what is holding them back.   I don't know that the team has started the same lineup 3 games in a row any point this season.   Granted injuries have played a part in that.  While it may be a good problem to have, it hinders them for this season.   Consistency plays a big part in any streak.   They'll have some decisions to make for next season.  I agree that DeJong looks like a starter.    If they make that decision, I think Diaz has some trade value.   He was making good strides this season.   Wong was doing well at the plate too.  I don't think Garcia is starter material.      

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes and guess what the Cards and Cubs are well within striking distance for the last Wild Card spot . Unbelievable

I'm not as optimistic as you.   7.5 games out of the final wild card spot doesn't seem like striking distance to me.   There is hope though.   Pit, Atlanta, the Cubs, Brewers and Cards will be trying to take that spot away from Colorado.  I think the Rockies will snap out of their funk though.   I think that this season, the winner of the Central will be the only NL Central playoff team.   We can hope though.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree to a point.   I think the sheer number of decent young players they have is what is holding them back.   I don't know that the team has started the same lineup 3 games in a row any point this season.   Granted injuries have played a part in that.  While it may be a good problem to have, it hinders them for this season.   Consistency plays a big part in any streak.   They'll have some decisions to make for next season.  I agree that DeJong looks like a starter.    If they make that decision, I think Diaz has some trade value.   He was making good strides this season.   Wong was doing well at the plate too.  I don't think Garcia is starter material.      

According to the announcers and the analyst for the Cards Dejong is their Shortstop. Diaz would have value. Piscotty does as well , even in a slump.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not as optimistic as you.   7.5 games out of the final wild card spot doesn't seem like striking distance to me.   There is hope though.   Pit, Atlanta, the Cubs, Brewers and Cards will be trying to take that spot away from Colorado.  I think the Rockies will snap out of their funk though.   I think that this season, the winner of the Central will be the only NL Central playoff team.   We can hope though.   

The Rockies looked like world beaters , however started playing sloppy ball.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not as optimistic as you.   7.5 games out of the final wild card spot doesn't seem like striking distance to me.   There is hope though.   Pit, Atlanta, the Cubs, Brewers and Cards will be trying to take that spot away from Colorado.  I think the Rockies will snap out of their funk though.   I think that this season, the winner of the Central will be the only NL Central playoff team.   We can hope though.   

All I care about right now is playing fundamental baseball and good managing would help.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Here we go....Montgomery pitching so not going to get too excited.....

He is pitching better than i remember seeing him pitch in a while.  Doing a good job of keeping the ball down and mixing his pitches nicely.  Feel like he has better control today.

 

Is it just me?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

He is pitching better than i remember seeing him pitch in a while.  Doing a good job of keeping the ball down and mixing his pitches nicely.  Feel like he has better control today.

 

Is it just me?

He is pitching a lot better today, keeping them scoreless almost through 5.......hope we don't jinx him, lol! Aaaaand as I say that he BLASTS a HR to the right!!!!! Keep it up Montgomery!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

He is pitching a lot better today, keeping them scoreless almost through 5.......hope we don't jinx him, lol! Aaaaand as I say that he BLASTS a HR to the right!!!!! Keep it up Montgomery!!!!

I was thinking the SAME thing.... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

CUBS SWEEP!!!!! 6 game win streak, and right now only 1.5 games back!!!!!! Back to Wrigley on Friday to take on them pesky Cardinals!!!

 

 

IMG_0126.JPG

Good game!  Finally have some good sticks and reasonable pitching.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

All I care about right now is playing fundamental baseball and good managing would help.

I agree. I think we look at a veteran catcher and maybe bullpen help but I don't think they do much. They have plenty of good players on this team and you don't want to drain your minor league talent. Quintana was a long term solution for Cubs to bridge Arietta and Lackey leaving next year. Nice cost controlled pitcher that can be your 3rd starter. If Hendricks can come back healthy hopefully the pressure will diminish on Lester some and we see things turn around. I think this bad start is good for them....they have to bare down and focus and can't take it for granted...winning is hard....I think this deficit will focus the youngsters to play more sound baseball....in the field and in the box.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 6th straight, only 2 games back now. Brewers play later tonight.

What a pleasant surprise lately huh?.... consistent baseball.  I was with GOZER when I saw Montgomery got the start.... ALMOST didn't watch, buuuuuuut it turned out to be one of his best performances in quite some time and the HR was an awesome bonus for him and the team.  I felt they took him out one inning too soon though, but I understand the logic.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried to not get my hopes up at the beginning of the season, I know it's hard to win a championship back to back, but hoped that they at least would resemble last years world champs! They're finally coming around, and I dig it!!!! All I want is for them to be competitive and at least make the playoffs, and whatever happens after that is a bonus!!!! 

 

GO CUBS!!!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...