Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL  your Mets get this one tonight , right now Leake is our weakest link in starters. I was not happy with Matheny's lineup . Why throw a monkey wrench in a lineup consistently scoring runs. To me Molina must be behind the plate , if not you bring up Carson Kelly he's light years ahead of Fryer. I just don't get some of these choices Matheny and even upper management are making. To me they are over thinking . 

27 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

NFL  your Mets get this one tonight , right now Leake is our weakest link in starters. I was not happy with Matheny's lineup . Why throw a monkey wrench in a lineup consistently scoring runs. To me Molina must be behind the plate , if not you bring up Carson Kelly he's light years ahead of Fryer. I just don't get some of these choices Matheny and even upper management are making. To me they are over thinking . 

I started following the game in the 8th. Darling and Keith Hernandez were criticizing Matheny for sitting some of his players after the Mets scored 7 runs. In the top of the 8th, the Cards had no pinch hitters on the bench. Wainwright pinch hit and walked. Lol.

I agree with you. By sitting his better players, what does that say to Leake? Wouldn't Leake benefit from having Molina behind the plate? 

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. They have an early game. 

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I started following the game in the 8th. Darling and Keith Hernandez were criticizing Matheny for sitting some of his players after the Mets scored 7 runs. In the top of the 8th, the Cards had no pinch hitters on the bench. Wainwright pinch hit and walked. Lol.

I agree with you. By sitting his better players, what does that say to Leake? Wouldn't Leake benefit from having Molina behind the plate? 

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. They have an early game. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one having a problem with Matheny . Seems Darling and I share some of the same wavelink lol.

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Trade Rumor

Cubs could add Yu Darvish

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

A lot of miles on that car isn't there?

I think that would be a great trade for the Cubs. He is only 30 years old. He has more strikeouts than innings pitched. He has a 3.45 ERA in the AL in a year where it seems the juiced ball is back. 

I think that would definitely put the Cubs in the driver's seat in the Central.

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think that would be a great trade for the Cubs. He is only 30 years old. He has more strikeouts than innings pitched. He has a 3.45 ERA in the AL in a year where it seems the juiced ball is back. 

Cant have enough strike throwers thats for sure.  I know he had Tommy John surgery a few years ago, not that it will keep him from being good but to me it is usually the start of decline.  No question he has been good though.

Theo know more than me so I don't think he would make a deal that would be too risky.... lets do it.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Cubs may need him to actually take down the Dodgers. I think now the Division is real winnable even without him only being 1 game back. If the Cubs can hang on to this lead they will only be .5 back. Cubs lead 3-2 going to Bottom of 6.

That was a disaster of an 8th Inning, congrats to Jay on the Cards win. Cubs still only 1.5 back and were due for a loss. The BullPen as usual screwed it up. I was surprised Edwards was that bad though, normally he is better than that. Brewers will probably win their next 3 because they play Philly so the Cubs need to rebound and win tomorrow.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Over his career if take away Yu's first innings....his era and opponent ba is miniscule. I don't know what it is about the first but he just gets creamed typically. I think he likes to throw a lot of first pitch strikes and teams sit on him early but then he gets into a groove. It honestly hasn't been as bad this year as the 5th and 6th have been more of problem but in the past he has struggled. Actually he is like Jake Arrietta....he can be gotten to early but once he settles in he is hard to hit until those later innings. Seems like Yu does pretty good with 2,3,4 innings and could be good for the Cubs to get a lead early and put pressure on the opposing team. I would be fine with him but I'm not sure we need to give up more top chips to get him....its going to be hard to beat LA this year imo.

Man.... I watched it up until the 8th and had to go help my father-in-law with a project.  I left WITH CONFIDENCE that we had it won and just now got back and read the comments.... what a load of crap.... I don't have anything else to say about it other than #@(8&^+{}["$

18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Here are the details:

Cardinals acquire 

OF Tyler O'Neill

Mariners acquire  

P Marco Gonzalez

The explanation was Gonzales out of options next year , they didn't see him getting lots of innings so they swapped him so they could still get something in return. O'Neill 22 has hit 14 homers in last 19 games in the Pacific Coast League.

13 hours ago, GOZER said:

9 runs in one inning? Really? That's unacceptable!!!! Our Bullpen is definitely our Achilles heel. Oh well, the run was fun while it lasted....Go Cubs!

How many times have I said this same one that haunts Cards

Lol about another hour till the show begins again . I have to go to work in middle of it. At least I should get to watch the Game tomorrow night. Enjoy the game my friends might be to check in before I Leave . Was glad to see they brought up Carson Kelly , I'm really no fan of Fryer. Oh by the way hope the heat takes it easy on these players.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well so far pitching looks good on both sides. Low scoring game ? Who knows , gotta get ready for work enjoy.

Be safe, hope it goes quick for you. I'm sitting at work, watching the game, for now!

Archived