Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watching the Home Run Derby?

Two Yankee players (Sanchez and Judge) have advanced to the second round. Only one NL player, Cody Bellinger (Dodgers), has advanced. I am rooting for him. But Judge looks unbeatable -- he hit 23 in the first round. 

Second round:

Sanchez vs. Sano (Twins)

Bellinger vs. Judge

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Sano (Twins) against Judge.

Judge wins.

Judge was just toying with those guys, he is an absolute beast!!! Did a little research on him, starting to like the kid, seems like a humble,happy guy and a great role model, society needs more guys like him.

Anyone else watching the All Star Game? I need to acquaint myself with today's baseball stars. Fifteen years ago, I would know almost all the players. I don't know most of the guys playing nowadays, especially in the AL. 

Okay, Betances pitching to Harper...I know those two. My man Cozart is on base (I still want Cozart on the Mets!)

Anyway, Go NL!!!

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyone else watching the All Star Game? I need to acquaint myself with today's baseball stars. Fifteen years ago, I would know almost all the players. I don't know most of these guys. 

Anyway, Go NL!!!

I was going over my greatest teams per decade as I watching the MLB edition of the All-Star Game and I came up with this. This is since the 1947Season merger when African Americans were allowed to play and WWII was over.

The 1950's

1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, (98-55 record) beat the New York Yankees 4-3 in the WS. Jackie Robinson got his ring and that team was loaded!

The 1960's

1961 New York Yankees, (109-53 record) beat the Cincinnati Reds 4-1 in the WS. The year Roger Maris hit 61 HR's to set the record beating Babe Ruth's of 60.

The 1970's

1975 Cincinnati Reds, (108-54 record) beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the WS. Perhaps the greatest WS ever played and the BigRed Machine prevailed.

The 1980's

1986 New York Mets, (108-54 record) beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the WS. Bill Buckner's error opened the door for the Mets in Game 6. Mets close the deal in Game 7.

The 1990's

1998 New York Yankees, (114-48 record) beat the San Diego Padres 4-0 in the WS. 114 wins and WS sweep, not much else to say!

The 2000's-2009

2009 New York Yankees, (103-59 record) beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-2 in the WS. During this season Derek Jeter became the Yankees all-time Hits leader passing Lou Gehrig. Jeter recorded Hit #2722, Gehrig had 2721 in his career.

The 2010's-2017 so far

2016 Chicago Cubs, (103-58 record) beat the Cleveland Indians 4-3 in the WS. The Cubs end a 108 year Championship drought and become only the 2nd team in MLB history to win a WS when being down 3-1 and having to win Game 6 and 7 on the road.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was going over my greatest teams per decade as I watching the MLB edition of the All-Star Game and I came up with this. This is since the 1947Season merger when African Americans were allowed to play and WWII was over.

The 1950's

1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, (98-55 record) beat the New York Yankees 4-3 in the WS. Jackie Robinson got his ring and that team was loaded!

The 1960's

1961 New York Yankees, (109-53 record) beat the Cincinnati Reds 4-1 in the WS. The year Roger Maris hit 61 HR's to set the record beating Babe Ruth's of 60.

The 1970's

1975 Cincinnati Reds, (108-54 record) beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the WS. Perhaps the greatest WS ever played and the BigRed Machine prevailed.

The 1980's

1986 New York Mets, (108-54 record) beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the WS. Bill Buckner's error opened the door for the Mets in Game 6. Mets close the deal in Game 7.

The 1990's

1998 New York Yankees, (114-48 record) beat the San Diego Padres 4-0 in the WS. 114 wins and WS sweep, not much else to say!

The 2000's-2009

2009 New York Yankees, (103-59 record) beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-2 in the WS. During this season Derek Jeter became the Yankees all-time Hits leader passing Lou Gehrig. Jeter recorded Hit #2722, Gehrig had 2721 in his career.

The 2010's-2017 so far

2016 Chicago Cubs, (103-58 record) beat the Cleveland Indians 4-3 in the WS. The Cubs end a 108 year Championship drought and become only the 2nd team in MLB history to win a WS when being down 3-1 and having to win Game 6 and 7 on the road.

Too bad the Mets only won once in the 80s. They should have won more. Their pitching was great.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Too bad the Mets only won once. They should have won more. Their pitching was great.

I agree but the Cubs were great in 1984 and the Cards were in 1985 and 1987. Back then you had to win the Division to get into the Playoffs. 1988 was the Mets next best chance to win at least 2 but they lost to the LA Dodgers in the NLCS.

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

That was a good rivalry

Baseball in the 80s and 90s was great. I remember the players so well. 

Who remembers Jose Lind, Jay Bell (Mr. sacrifice bunt), Andy Van Slyke, Zane Smith, John Smiley, Doug Drabek...

What team was that?^^^

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Baseball in the 80s and 90s was great. I remember the players so well. 

Who remembers Jose Lind, Jay Bell (Mr. sacrifice bunt), Andy Van Slyke, Zane Smith, John Smiley, Doug Drabek...

Remember them all , loved Van Slyke

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is too easy, Philly right? I hope so because I said it was easy. That was a crazy team with Matt Williams too

Yes, you got it. Phillies!

Was Matt Williams there? I thought Matt Williams was with the Giants or maybe the early Diamondbacks?

Archived