Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon

He will be a free agent, and if his mind is right I hope we take a chance on him...Low risk high reward situation...He won't get big money and clauses can be added to his contract if he messes up where we can cut bait with no harm done..IF his mind is finally right and he is focused he is the big bodied , big play WR we have never had...The combo of him and Hilton would be deadly...I have a bad feeling Belichik and Patriots are gonna be all over this guy though..If he plays a whole year with Brady it's really scary what they could do..I like our WR corps, but he would be worth the RISK on a short incentive laden contract..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He will be a free agent, and if his mind is right I hope we take a chance on him...Low risk high reward situation...He won't get big money and clauses can be added to his contract if he messes up where we can cut bait with no harm done..IF his mind is finally right and he is focused he is the big bodied , big play WR we have never had...The combo of him and Hilton would be deadly...I have a bad feeling Belichik and Patriots are gonna be all over this guy though..If he plays a whole year with Brady it's really scary what they could do..I like our WR corps, but he would be worth the RISK on a short incentive laden contract..

Shipp you know good and well Pagano and Grigs ain't taking no chance on a guy that is in and out of rehab more than anyone can remember.  Our offense already scores 30 plus a game. Come on bro!

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Shipp you know good and well Pagano and Grigs ain't taking no chance on a guy that is in and out of rehab more than anyone can remember.  Our offense already scores 30 plus a game. Come on bro!

He is a top 5 receiver though..If you get him on a risk free contract why not? We don't need him, but if he finally gets it and has a change of culture around him he can make us even more deadly....Belichik or Jerry Jones have the cajones to go after him, so he will probably end up in 1 of those 2 spots and destroy people...It's worth it to me to keep him as far away from New England and Tom Brady as possible..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

He is a top 5 receiver though..If you get him on a risk free contract why not? We don't need him, but if he finally gets it and has a change of culture around him he can make us even more deadly....Belichik or Jerry Jones have the cajones to go after him, so he will probably end up in 1 of those 2 spots and destroy people...It's worth it to me to keep him as far away from New England and Tom Brady as possible..

Because we already score 30 plus a game without the head ache. that's why.

Browns have been using that same logic for years now with very little to speak of.  Kid is never available.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Because we already score 30 plus a game without the head ache. that's why.

Browns have been using that same logic for years now with very little to speak of.  Kid is never available.

If he goes to New England and stays out of trouble what do you think happens?

Just now, jshipp23 said:

If he goes to New England and stays out of trouble what do you think happens?

If he causes problems we cut him no worries..What if he don't though? What if he knows it's his last chance and comes in focused and dedicated? People can change, it happens all the time..

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

New England ain't doing that deal.

They were kicking tires on a trade last few years.Now they can get him for nothing..If rehab was successful and he has no looming suspension I guarantee you Belichik makes that deal..Belichik wants to win..Character is secondary,  all these great character guys aren't doing much for us, we are soft like our coach..

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

They were kicking tires on a trade last few years.Now they can get him for nothing..If rehab was successful and he has no looming suspension I guarantee you Belichik makes that deal..Belichik wants to win..Character is secondary,  all these great character guys aren't doing much for us, we a soft like our coach..

Gordon is a restricted free agent.    Which means that Cleveland retains his rights and the only way to get him is to trade for him.       And you know full-well we're not trading anything for Josh Gordon.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/josh-gordon-11012/

By the way,  the character issue comes from the top.    From Irsay and Grigson.     It's not a Pagano thing.    He may agree with it,  but if they gave him talented guys with bad character,  he'd take them.....    right up until the time that they screwed up again and again and then he'd likely say....     no more bad character guys.

As to Belicheck...    each team and market is different.    Belichick has won 4 Super Bowls and been to two more.   He gets more leeway because of it.       Jerry Jones can bring in bad character guys because it's Dallas, Tx and football is KING.      You can do that in some markets.

But not in Indianapolis....    fans there don't want bad character guys.     They want guys they can comfortably root for.      And you should know that by now......

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gordon is a restricted free agent.    Which means that Cleveland retains his rights and the only way to get him is to trade for him.       And you know full-well we're not trading anything for Josh Gordon.

By the way,  the character issue comes from the top.    From Irsay and Grigson.     It's not a Pagano thing.    He may agree with it,  but if they gave him talented guys with bad character,  he'd take them.....    right up until the time that they screwed up again and again and then he'd likely say....     no more bad character guys.

As to Belicheck...    each team and market is different.    Belichick has won 4 Super Bowls and been to two more.   He gets more leeway because of it.       Jerry Jones can bring in bad character guys because it's Dallas, Tx and football is KING.      You can do that in some markets.

But not in Indianapolis....    fans there don't want bad character guys.     They want guys they can comfortably root for.      And you should know that by now......

Browns know there is no trade value for him..They are going to release him...Poor kid just wants out of Cleveland..I know we won't most likely,  but maybe Grigs is desperate enough to take a risk now..It's really not a risk either..Probably be 1 one yr minimum contract to prove himself..We could cut him with no damage if it it didn't work...Oh but just imagine if it did? Sometimes to succeed you have to take chances..

His head isn't right.  He's done.  No reason to bother with it.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I seriously doubt fans have much to do with this.  We've had our own guys do things with bad character and they are forgiven if they play well or have big contracts.  We just like every other team come down hard on guys who are expendable.  

I'm still mad that D'qwell Jackson punched out a pizza guy and faced no punishment from the league.  As far as the NFL and the media is concerned as long as the person he beats the crap out of is male, then it doesn't matter.  

18 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Vet minimum. Anything more and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

All he will get..Someone will give him a 1 yr prove it contract and id rather it be us than New England..He will have teams lined up to do this and we should be high on the list..

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

His head isn't right.  He's done.  No reason to bother with it.  

I seriously doubt fans have much to do with this.  We've had our own guys do things with bad character and they are forgiven if they play well or have big contracts.  We just like every other team come down hard on guys who are expendable.  

I'm still mad that D'qwell Jackson punched out a pizza guy and faced no punishment from the league.  As far as the NFL and the media is concerned as long as the person he beats the crap out of is male, then it doesn't matter.  

Well....

I don't think we're like every other team.     A reminder that we're very public about not taking a player with character issues in the first FOUR rounds.      Starting in the 5th,  OK.      But before that,  nope.

That's been the view of Irsay and Grigson since roughly 2013.

And not all teams are like that.     Some teams are fine drafting kids with character issues.      They think they can work with the kid and the kids talent level makes them worth the risk.      Grigson and Irsay think different....

On 12/27/2016 at 1:05 PM, UKColt13 said:

Vet minimum. Anything more and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

If I were going to do a deal with this kid, I'd dangle the dollar carrot to him. Play all 16 games without any mishaps and receive a $$$bonus. Get a traffic ticket or any attention that's bad, you get zip. Attach a contract extension to it with outs if he screws up again. Saying that, I highly doubt I would do this deal, kid is a head case that can't save himself from himself and those chirping in his ear. He still believes he is so good that he is above the others from getting busted even though he has been busted what, 3 times now??

On 12/30/2016 at 10:40 AM, Jdubu said:

If I were going to do a deal with this kid, I'd dangle the dollar carrot to him. Play all 16 games without any mishaps and receive a $$$bonus. Get a traffic ticket or any attention that's bad, you get zip. Attach a contract extension to it with outs if he screws up again. Saying that, I highly doubt I would do this deal, kid is a head case that can't save himself from himself and those chirping in his ear. He still believes he is so good that he is above the others from getting busted even though he has been busted what, 3 times now??

The thing is when he does play he might be the best in the league..Why Cleveland still hasn't let him go, and why plenty of teams will try and sign him when he is available...He is done if he gets in trouble again..Maybe the fear of that might be what he needs to stay right..

13 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

The thing is when he does play he might be the best in the league..Why Cleveland still hasn't let him go, and why plenty of teams will try and sign him when he is available...He is done if he gets in trouble again..Maybe the fear of that might be what he needs to stay right..

I assumed he would be done after this time he got into trouble. Isn't this the 3rd year in a row now he has been suspended now? I mean if that isn't a solid pattern of who you are, I don't know what is. He has shown he is a top 3 talent when on the field, however, he is only on the field a small portion of the time and that talent does nothing for a team if he is suspended.

I would treat this kid as any other FA pick up WR, he is a piece, not my solution and if I got production from him all season, well its a win. The question is, what does a team do with him if he signs that 1 year deal on a prove it type contract, he performs and doesn't get in trouble, do you trust him to a 4-5 year big money deal? The kid is almost a curse to a team.

4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I assumed he would be done after this time he got into trouble. Isn't this the 3rd year in a row now he has been suspended now? I mean if that isn't a solid pattern of who you are, I don't know what is. He has shown he is a top 3 talent when on the field, however, he is only on the field a small portion of the time and that talent does nothing for a team if he is suspended.

I would treat this kid as any other FA pick up WR, he is a piece, not my solution and if I got production from him all season, well its a win. The question is, what does a team do with him if he signs that 1 year deal on a prove it type contract, he performs and doesn't get in trouble, do you trust him to a 4-5 year big money deal? The kid is almost a curse to a team.

I doubt he ever gets more than a 1 year deal unless it's loaded with clauses and incentives. .

On 1/1/2017 at 9:07 AM, BOTT said:

I would take an convicted murderer if he can rush the passer, but I wouldn't trade a can of beans for Gordon.

Really...I hope your being sarcastic because I don't want him living next to me or my sister or any of my friends and family. That's the thing. You sign a problem guy he doesn't just come into your locker room and effect that they live in the community. People respect the Colts and Pacers etc...they aren't going to be happy if we knowingly bring a problem into the community. We have a good receiving core with what we have...I think it's pretty clear we need help on the defensive side of the ball and that's the place if we are going to take risks that will be where it will be.

If we could bring Gordon in for little of nothing it could be huge. I don't think some realize we're talking about a legit top 3 WR in the NFL. A guy in that same category as Jones, Green, Brown, OBJ, etc. Heck yes. If he can act right, if he's grown up and figured some things out he would, along with an improved OL and run game would make our offense unstoppable. Basically imagine Julio Jones or AJ Green opposite TY Hilton and Dontae Moncrief. How bout this for an offseason.........

Nick Perry

Jamie Collins

AJ Bouye

Josh Gordon

Then grab a stud EDGE rusher, an all around ILB, and a RB in the 1st,  2nd, and 3rd.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:07 AM, RockThatBlue said:

That would be a signing that could get someone fired. 

Josh Gordons best friend is Johnny Manziel. Thats all we need to know.

I don't care if his best friend is Charlie Manson LOL. He's a superstar when he's on the field. So if he could act right it'd be like getting Julio Jones for pennies. Is that really nor worth it? And I mean if he does something crazy who cares? It wouldn't hurt us any. We wouldn't be paying him much so it wouldn't hurt at all. Its another one of those zero risk, monster reward type signings. Think about an improved OL with Haeg, Clark, and Kelly all having experience, a good run game, and Andrew Luck throwing to Josh Gordon and TY Hilton. Moncrief would have huge games at times from Gordon and Hilton getting so much attention.

On 1/2/2017 at 6:27 PM, dgambill said:

Really...I hope your being sarcastic because I don't want him living next to me or my sister or any of my friends and family. That's the thing. You sign a problem guy he doesn't just come into your locker room and effect that they live in the community. People respect the Colts and Pacers etc...they aren't going to be happy if we knowingly bring a problem into the community. We have a good receiving core with what we have...I think it's pretty clear we need help on the defensive side of the ball and that's the place if we are going to take risks that will be where it will be.

There's criminals all over the community, all over the place; good people becoming bad and vice versa, bad people moving to different states and cities.

Josh Gordon is the least of the FBI or the Indiana Attorney General worries.