Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore is legendary

deedub75

Exactly we don't need a 100-150 yard rusher to win games. if he averages 4 yards a carry and keeps the defense honest then the rest is just icing on the cake.

That's why I never really cared for the streak we had of most games without a 100 yard rusher - there has been many games where he has been effective in keeping drives alive and getting in the end zone.

The Colts offense is what it is. A deadly aerial attack that relies on the talent of its wide outs and arm of it's quarter back. 

Now every offense needs a solid run game. For short yard situations, to control the clock, in the goal line, whatever. It's a must.

But Indianapolis doesn't need to have a Dallas, or Pittsburgh type run game or star running back to succeed. They need, like most have said, a solid guy who pass protects, gets some yards every play and keep defenses honest.

Gore does all that, and more. He may not be who he was 5 years ago, when he was a top 5 back in the league. But for what he's asked to do and what Indy needs him to do, he's fulfilling his role perfectly. 

Still a good back, but he can't take the load as he once did. He's a good back with high mileage.

Would of loved him here a few years earlier. He was in that Edgerrin workhorse category.

But we really have to find a solid replacement soon. Need to get younger and better there next year.

16 hours ago, cbear said:

I don't know why some dump on Gore.  I think he's done a great job!  He may not bust a 75 yarder, but he has a ton of 5-8 yard runs and just as importantly, almost never loses yards.

He used to bust those really long runs back in the day

17 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Gore is the best running back we've ever had in the Luck era.

Although that's not saying much, lol. Trent Richardson set the standard pretty low. I cant believe Trent is already out of the league. Oh, wait... Yea, I can believe it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now