Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano: Colts-Titans "Playoff Football"....

NewColtsFan

53 minutes ago, #12. said:

Now I'm almost positive we're losing. :) Every time you've said something like this in 2016, we lost.

- We have nothing to fear from Detroit.

- Jacksonville, nothing to fear - easy game, blowout.

- KC won't be that difficult - no better than Houston. 

Didn't  catch  your  thoughts  on Denver  or Houston.

I said this before the Titans game in Nashville and we won. So I will say it again. LOL

51 minutes ago, #12. said:

Now I'm almost positive we're losing. :) Every time you've said something like this in 2016, we lost.

Where's your thoughts? Too busy keeping them to yourself it seems.

On 11/17/2016 at 1:15 AM, NewColtsFan said:

So, Chuck has said it.       It's game ON!!       He says this week is playoff football.

We're facing a hot team with one of the hottest offenses in the league of late.      This is NOT the same Titans team we faced 4-5 weeks ago.

Indy really has its work cut out for itself.      The difference may just come down to home field advantage.

Here's the story from NFL.com which listened to Pagano's weekly media address...

Playoff football in November!     Love it!      Game ON!!        Enjoy!!       :thmup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000741184/article/pagano-coltstitans-playoff-football-this-week

No problem Chuck has it under control:lol:

The Titans have the second best RB in the NFL. Mariotta is on his mark. The Titans offensive line is solid. A Titan victory seems the best bet. The Colt victory over the Packers was deflated after the Pack got hammered by the Titians. Maybe which team is more inspired will play in. The line seems split down the middle. The Texans will most likely get beat this week by the Raiders so in that context the game is a big one. The Colts will not be in the playoffs if they don't win the division as they will not be a wild card. 

20 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Just can't bring myself to be worried about a team that hasn't beaten us in the Andrew Luck era even when Luck was out and Josh Freeman & Ryan Lindley were at the helm. Not to mention also gave Andre Johnson his 2nd best career highlight with a circus TD catch last season.

For those wondering, Andre's best career highlight was the whopping he gave Cortland Finnegan haha

In the last two seasons Chuck and Co. have given me every reason to be worried about any team we play....

I like the Colts in this one. Coming out of a bye at home and just came off playing their best game of the season so far. The Titans caught the Packers at the near-bottom of their tailspin.Colts are starting to get healthy at the right time as well. How much of a difference that'll make will be seen on Sunday.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I think Murray will be more of a factor in the game than Mariota. Stop Murray and Colts win. 

Easier said than done, but I agree completely.  Also Derrick Henry isn't too bad either, just need to stop the run and the Colts should be able to win.  

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Titans have the second best RB in the NFL. Mariotta is on his mark. The Titans offensive line is solid. A Titan victory seems the best bet. The Colt victory over the Packers was deflated after the Pack got hammered by the Titians. Maybe which team is more inspired will play in. The line seems split down the middle. The Texans will most likely get beat this week by the Raiders so in that context the game is a big one. The Colts will not be in the playoffs if they don't win the division as they will not be a wild card. 

"A Titan victory seems the best bet."

Not saying the Colts will win (our team is impossible to figure out this year), but you realize the Colts already beat this team right? Plus this game is at home.

Titans fan here. Seems like nobody here believes the Colts have a chance at losing so I thought I would offer my perspective thoughts for you guys to ponder.

There are two key reasons as to why I believe the Colts will lose. The Colts being healthy, crazy I know. Kevin Byard.

Most of you here probably think Pagano is a questionable coach, which I believe myself. The reason why I believe the Colts won last game was because you were not healthy. Chuck realized he was down a lot of play makers and realized Titans have a formidable pass rush which could take out one of his only two remaining play makers at the time, Andrew Luck. So he decided to do more max protect over the usual. This worked flawlessly because it allowed Luck the time for Hilton and Doyle to carve up the Titans putrid secondary on intermediate routes.

This time around I believe Chuck will go back to more 3 receiver sets and less protection to allow Montcrief and Dorsett opportunities. This will allow the Titans pass rush to be more effective and cause Luck to throw errant balls under pressure. 

The next reason is Kevin Byard. He has started covering TEs as well as slot receivers over the past couple weeks and doing it well. This could limit the effectiveness of Allen/Doyle and give much better coverage on Hilton. 

Just some thoughts to think about. Hopefully its a good, clean game with no injuries. Good luck!

37 minutes ago, The Bukafax said:

Titans fan here. Seems like nobody here believes the Colts have a chance at losing so I thought I would offer my perspective thoughts for you guys to ponder.

There are two key reasons as to why I believe the Colts will lose. The Colts being healthy, crazy I know. Kevin Byard.

Most of you here probably think Pagano is a questionable coach, which I believe myself. The reason why I believe the Colts won last game was because you were not healthy. Chuck realized he was down a lot of play makers and realized Titans have a formidable pass rush which could take out one of his only two remaining play makers at the time, Andrew Luck. So he decided to do more max protect over the usual. This worked flawlessly because it allowed Luck the time for Hilton and Doyle to carve up the Titans putrid secondary on intermediate routes.

This time around I believe Chuck will go back to more 3 receiver sets and less protection to allow Montcrief and Dorsett opportunities. This will allow the Titans pass rush to be more effective and cause Luck to throw errant balls under pressure. 

The next reason is Kevin Byard. He has started covering TEs as well as slot receivers over the past couple weeks and doing it well. This could limit the effectiveness of Allen/Doyle and give much better coverage on Hilton. 

Just some thoughts to think about. Hopefully its a good, clean game with no injuries. Good luck!

This is an interesting post. Seems your thinking is that the Colts will come in with a bad gameplan, which will help the Titans win. Personally, I'm hoping the Colts have a good gameplan, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Always good to have fans of opposing teams, by the way. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

In 4 games that the Titans lost, Mariota threw a couple of picks or gave up a defensive TD due to a turnover and hopefully that continues.

Mariota's turnovers this year have had a remarkable amount of bad luck.  The number of pick-6's on INTs or scoop and scores on fumbles is ridiculous.  At least two of the loses this year could attributed to that alone.  Thankfully, the trendline on this seems to be improving.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

This is an interesting post. Seems your thinking is that the Colts will come in with a bad gameplan, which will help the Titans win. Personally, I'm hoping the Colts have a good gameplan, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Always good to have fans of opposing teams, by the way. 

Bukafax is a regular contributor on the Titans forum.  He's always a good read.

The Titans aren't a bad team on the road.  Heck the Green Bay game was almost a road game with all the Cheeseheads that descended on Nashville.  But again, this is Lucas Oil Stadium where we've never won.

I agree on the "watch Kevin Byard" comment.  Probably the only real surprise with him is that he doesn't have an INT yet.  He set the school record at MTSU and he's been picking up the NFL safety position really fast, gaining more and more playing time every week.  The coaches really like him and he looks like a solid pick from last year's draft.  As he gets better, so does the secondary.

43 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Mariota's turnovers this year have had a remarkable amount of bad luck.  The number of pick-6's on INTs or scoop and scores on fumbles is ridiculous.  At least two of the loses this year could attributed to that alone.  Thankfully, the trendline on this seems to be improving.

That is because most of the time your TEs stay inline and/or it is 1-on-1 coverage vs your wide outs leading to more front 7 folks closer to the line of scrimmage to respect the run. So, when turnovers happen like an INT or fumble recovery, the D has numbers to lay down the blocks to return it the other way.

On 11/17/2016 at 7:54 AM, krunk said:

Its funny how you beat a team, basically handle them for 3 out of the four quarters and then people turn around and say "oh I'm scared" they may beat us. Some of you are very scary fans. The Titans two wins over a bad Jacksonville team that has gotten even worse in follies since we played them, and a green bay team who clearly is reeling psychologically, and from an injury stand point make you guys start speaking in a timid kind of way is funny. We've seen Tennssee before, we know who they are. We got this under control. This is no Behemoth we are dealing with. Colts win in a convincing way and I ain't even sweating over it. Call me whatever you want. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm talking as much trash as I did before the Nashville game. I simply believe we are better than them! To hell with the rest.

How many games have the Colts won "convincingly" in the past two years?  lol  They might win but I doubt it will be by a comfortable margin. 

On 11/17/2016 at 6:58 PM, #12. said:

Like I said I simply believe we are the better team and the truth is on display right now!  21-0