Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay And Manning Released Joint Stament (Merge)

HungarianColtsFan

Bob Kravitz @bkravitz

The statement: "We would like to dispel any misperception that there might be any hard feelings between us. Since 1998, we have enjoyed...

..a great relationship, based upon mutual respect and trust. We have always been able to talk and address matters we've faced over the ...

...both committed to maintain our close relationship and to working together through any challenges the future may bring...."

Just saw on ESPN that Manning and Irsay released a joint statement. Don't have the text of it right now, but basically said that they wanted to clear up any "misperception" that there is animosity between them. Also said that they had talked and are committed to working together to meet all future challenges.

This is a good start, no matter how this ends those two have to get it clean. They owe to each other and the fan base to not let this be a wedge in the fan base. We owe everything this city has football related to JI AND PM,period. I will always be a Colts fan 1st and if Manning goes elsewhere they be a distant 2nd. Good luck to both parties on getting this right.

how long do you think it will take for Kravitz to paint this in a negative light, and spin it to fit his agenda?

Actually he seems to be ok with it.

@bkravitz: After reading the Irsay-Manning statement, I'm feeling a little verklempt. (Spell check didn't like verklempt). But glad they talked.

Wonder what kind of article he is going to write...

I think the most significant part of the statement is the fact that the two of them sat down and had a long talk.

From an outside perspective, it has seemed like Manning has really been left out in the cold with all of the goings on since Polian's firing.

I'm just happy to hear that the two of them have had a long, and hopefully meaningful, discussion.

@bkravitz: After reading the Irsay-Manning statement, I'm feeling a little verklempt. (Spell check didn't like verklempt). But glad they talked.

I for 1 don't care what he writes anymore, I will not read it.

I think the most significant part of the statement is the fact that the two of them sat down and had a long talk.

From an outside perspective, it has seemed like Manning has really been left out in the cold with all of the goings on since Polian's firing.

I'm just happy to hear that the two of them have had a long, and hopefully meaningful, discussion.

IDK, after reading this: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/4819-the-peyton-predicament-by-andrew-brandt-can-the-colts-afford-to-keep-peyton/

I no longer feel that manning feeling left out is the issue.

i know some people have actually tried to defend Kravitz as "just reporting what irsay and peyton said"...but if you listen to the audio of what irsay said yesterday, he didnt sound "angry" at all...and Bob took much of what he said out of context to sound the way he wanted it to sound.

You can go back to the beginning of the season when Kravitz had already been pushing article after article about how we needed to cut Manning and move on and how much he wanted us to do that....and now, he spins everything to push that agenda, and then says how sad this all makes him yadda yadda yadda...

Fact is, Kravitz has ALWAYS done this sort of thing, long before he even came here. He was the "controversy" and negative guy in Denver and at ESPN when he was allowed to work there.

I'm sure that if Peyton is our starter day one next season...and if he wins his 5th MVP and 2nd Super Bowl...and Super Bowl MVP...Kravitz will still be harping on why it was a dumb move to have Peyton here.

i know some people have actually tried to defend Kravitz as "just reporting what irsay and peyton said"...but if you listen to the audio of what irsay said yesterday, he didnt sound "angry" at all...and Bob took much of what he said out of context to sound the way he wanted it to sound.

You can go back to the beginning of the season when Kravitz had already been pushing article after article about how we needed to cut Manning and move on and how much he wanted us to do that....and now, he spins everything to push that agenda, and then says how sad this all makes him yadda yadda yadda...

Fact is, Kravitz has ALWAYS done this sort of thing, long before he even came here. He was the "controversy" and negative guy in Denver and at ESPN when he was allowed to work there.

I'm sure that if Peyton is our starter day one next season...and if he wins his 5th MVP and 2nd Super Bowl...and Super Bowl MVP...Kravitz will still be harping on why it was a dumb move to have Peyton here.

I agree, I was confused for quite some time.

But ALL OF SPORTS REPORTING did the same thing this a.m.

I guess that's what they do

Easier to spin and sit in judgement than it is to manage a franchise imo

it all reminded me of an episode of gossip girl

Actually he seems to be ok with it. @bkravitz: After reading the Irsay-Manning statement, I'm feeling a little verklempt. (Spell check didn't like verklempt). But glad they talked. Wonder what kind of article he is going to write...

Of course he is becaue he didn't blow anything out of proportion the first time. He just reported what the two guys said.

Glad to see them talking and releasing a joint statement.

It is pretty much assumed Manning is gone, but lets have him go out the right way not bickering with his owner.

Am I the only one who had no clue what "verklempt" meant?

If not, I will spare you from having to look up the definition. It means "overcome with emotion".

I agree, I was confused for quite some time.

But ALL OF SPORTS REPORTING did the same thing this a.m.

I guess that's what they do

Easier to spin and sit in judgement than it is to manage a franchise imo

it all reminded me of an episode of gossip girl

Negative/controversial stuff gets the attention, thats why they like to push this kind of garbage. Kravitz has been on every show on espn for over a week now, i'm sure he loves the attention...and espn can spin it as him being some sort of Colts' insider (which he is NOT)...

Face it, if ESPN said "Peyton Manning to regain full health, play out contract for Colts" it wouldnt get NEAR the attention as "Peyton Manning and Jim Irsay in heated battle...things getting ugly in Indy"...or "where will Peyton end up next year? watch our show to find out!"

the media always spins things to fit the agenda they are trying to push...

Edited by Maureen
Political (Sorry no politics please)

Am I the only one who had no clue what "verklempt" meant?

If not, I will spare you from having to look up the definition. It means "overcome with emotion".

:lol:

I had to go back and see who used it. That's funny.

I've certainly heard it before. It's the type of thing Mel Brooks will throw into a sentence - and you laugh and get a feeling for what he means without knowing exactly (with your imagination thinking that it's off color, when it's actually not).

absoluetly Hoosier...

Irsay and Manning should be talking every few days about how he is...

Its crucial to the future of the franchise....

They need each other...and they need to understand that.

Big time guys can get a little too proud.

Just pick up the phone

Awesome. Exactly what needed to happen.

I just think that Irsay didnt want any 'downer' during the roll up to the Super Bowl

..but he understands that he fired some guys Manning ahs been around for 10 years.....

I'd bet Manning was speaking for Wayne and Saturday and Clark and Mathis and Freeney, too

Irsay doesnt need to talk to players BEFORE he makes a decision but he probably should have talked to them afterwards

so why did they have to talk Via Kravitz if had such respect for eachother

Yeah...Its strange that they would go through the one guy that supposedly was blowing the whole thing out of proportions. Maybe there was alittle more fire with this smoke then we want to think. Or, they wanted Kravitz to have look a little silly and report he was wrong. But, Kravitz would never do that.

:lol:

I had to go back and see who used it. That's funny.

I've certainly heard it before. It's the type of thing Mel Brooks will throw into a sentence - and you laugh and get a feeling for what he means without knowing exactly (with your imagination thinking that it's off color, when it's actually not).

Love me some Mel Brooks! Verklempt is actually Yiddish, so it could be off color depending on the context. I never really thought of it, but Kravitz is a Jewish name.

Mike Meyers (and presumable elderly Jewish women in NYC) made it pop culture through the SNL skit "Coffee Talk." Edit: Buck already pointed this out above and I missed it. Classic!