Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

will we

OLD FAN MAN

Come on man. Ya'll need to stop overreacting. The Jaguars have a great roster and they play in London every year and we don't. If we had the Jaguars roster with Andrew Luck and we were losing, I would be on the "Fire Chuck" bandwagon but that is not the case. It is ridiculous to say the Colts will go 1-15.

I had us going 7-9 before the season started and I'll stick by it. Don't know what everyones expectations were though... if you thought this was a good team then I don't know what to tell you.

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Come on man. Ya'll need to stop overreacting. The Jaguars have a great roster and they play in London every year and we don't. If we had the Jaguars roster with Andrew Luck and we were losing, I would be on the "Fire Chuck" bandwagon but that is not the case. It is ridiculous to say the Colts will go 1-15.

I had us going 7-9 before the season started and I'll stick by it. Don't know what everyones expectations were though... if you thought this was a good team then I don't know what to tell you.

You may be right with the 7-9, some others also said 7-9 and I jumped all over them for it but at 1-3 we have serious ground to make up now. I still think we can win 8 or 9 games if we win our next 3 being Chicago, at Houston, and at Tennessee. We have no choice now being at 1-3 as we have to win all 3 of those to even have a chance of doing anything. We probably wont be we can as those teams aren't world beaters. I had us 10-6 before the season but that isn't looking good right now obviously. I honestly think the Texans will lose at Minnesota and at Denver and everyone in our Division is Average to Bad. Jags will not be better than 8-8 which I will stick by that and the Titans will be lucky if they win 6 games.

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

So you're fine with your prediction?  You're happy with 7-9 you're happy with a late 1st rounder and maybe another 7-9 or  6-10 season?  This team played a winless jag team they're due for a win but no in that manner bro we got outplayed in every damn category to the JAGS!!!   I'm tired of seeing fans be okay with making the playoffs then get blown out and embarrassed.  Why could teams like the Vikings/patriots win games without there QB?  They have great GM who draft defense players that fit there scheme.  GMs who actually are good at what they do on both sides of the ball!  We will make the playoffs this year no matter what happens but then we will get blown out like usual or even if we keep the game close we still lose.  Can't keep just saying oh well we got close we only loss by so much maybe next year the draft comes around and we improve our team then we will SB champs.  Lol yeah year in year out I say think that not anymore Grigson stays on as GM we mine as well just have no hope!! 

The division is still a wuss pocket except for the Texans but right now the Colts can't beat the Texans playing only the last quarter of four as they do every week. This season is dead as Pittsburgh and New England will squash the hapless Colts in the playoffs (which the Colts ill not be in)j. The Colts could not beat the Raiders either so from this point on what the Colts do does not matter.

58 minutes ago, Iancolts said:

So you're fine with your prediction?  You're happy with 7-9 you're happy with a late 1st rounder and maybe another 7-9 or  6-10 season?  This team played a winless jag team they're due for a win but no in that manner bro we got outplayed in every damn category to the JAGS!!!   I'm tired of seeing fans be okay with making the playoffs then get blown out and embarrassed.  Why could teams like the Vikings/patriots win games without there QB?  They have great GM who draft defense players that fit there scheme.  GMs who actually are good at what they do on both sides of the ball!  We will make the playoffs this year no matter what happens but then we will get blown out like usual or even if we keep the game close we still lose.  Can't keep just saying oh well we got close we only loss by so much maybe next year the draft comes around and we improve our team then we will SB champs.  Lol yeah year in year out I say think that not anymore Grigson stays on as GM we mine as well just have no hope!! 

First of all I am not happy with a 7-9 season but this is a 7-9 roster. Playing in London is tough the first go round so I knew we would get to a slow start and I'm not surprised at the performance. They probably weren't focused because they had to go to a different country to play with only 3 days to adjust.

Secondly you talk about the Vikings and Patriots winning games with backups and forget that Matt Hasselbeck won 5 games for us last year and we won a game with two QBs who had been there for less than a week. When the players execute, you can win any game in the NFL.

People act like this was always a good team. It never was. We overachieved because our division was even worse than us but now they all got better. Grigson may need to go but everybody misses on picks. Until the offensive line gets better and we get pass rushers and cover linebackers this team will not make the playoffs or be one and done. 

I think we'll go 6-10 or close to it. Probably still sweep the Titans despite how bad we've been, win one of the three matches remaining vs the jags and texans, and two others vs non-divisional opponents. It's going to be a bumpy ride, and we'll finish on our side across the finish line. Alive, but beaten and bruised.

43 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

On a side note regarding the Jags - I'm sick and tired of people saying this was a good 0-3 team.  nonsense.  In the words of Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are".  Stop with the excuses and nonsense when you lose games.  

That Parcells quote is as old and used up as he is. If you look at that Jags team and don't think they have some good talent and youth, then you're just blind. Sure, they were 0-3 going into Sunday's game, but the only bad loss they had was on the road vs San Diego. They lost to the Packers by 4, and the Ravens only beat them by 2. Those teams are both pretty good, and they could barely handle the Jags.

On the flip side, the Jags game IMO should've been a gift-wrapped victory for the Colts, but Pagano did everything he could to prevent that by leaving players in the game that were making costly mistakes left and right, and restraining our offense to some lame, slow, 1950s run-first Pop Warner scheme, instead of being aggressive and attacking the opposing defense.

1 minute ago, Mr Coffee said:

Agree with you to a degree.  But that Jags team was 0-3 and was bad.  They were what their record says they were.  

I think you and many others forget the fact we were playing in a different country. No matter how minuscule people attempt to make it, that was a big problem.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That Parcells quote is as old and used up as he is. If you look at that Jags team and don't think they have some good talent and youth, then you're just blind. Sure, they were 0-3 going into Sunday's game, but the only bad loss they had was on the road vs San Diego. They lost to the Packers by 4, and the Ravens only beat them by 2. Those teams are both pretty good, and they could barely handle the Jags.

On the flip side, the Jags game IMO should've been a gift-wrapped victory for the Colts, but Pagano did everything he could to prevent that by leaving players in the game that were making costly mistakes left and right, and restraining our offense to some lame, slow, 1950s run-first Pop Warner scheme, instead of being aggressive and attacking the opposing defense.

The reason that is a good quote by parcells is that most games come down to a td or less, and the majority of teams can use the excuse, "we only lost by a couple points". Well, the majority of teams this year could have a couple more wins or losses. You are what your record says you are. Switch a couple plays around in 95% of games and it changes the outcome. You can't make up hypotheticals.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm guessing he's saying that the Jags are used to flying to London every year and the toll it takes on them while it's the Colts first time playing there.

Fair enough.  I get that.  It just seems like a different excuse every week, you know?

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

we can beat the bears. they kind of stink, but we stink too.

I hope we beat the bears but I don't have much hope,  although gore should be able to run up the middle against freeman, he makes a lot of tackles but most are for gains not losses

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The reason that is a good quote by parcells is that most games come down to a td or less, and the majority of teams can use the excuse, "we only lost by a couple points". Well, the majority of teams this year could have a couple more wins or losses. You are what your record says you are. Switch a couple plays around in 95% of games and it changes the outcome. You can't make up hypotheticals.

It's not a bad quote, I'm just hesitant to use it in regards to the Jags. That roster is full of youth, and it'll take a season or 2 for them to put it all together, but they're a team that's clearly trending upwards. A team that just a year ago got blown out every other Sunday, and now they're hanging with some of the big dogs of the league, and giving them all they can handle. Are they a disappointment thus far? Sure, you could say that, but that's only due to the insane hype surrounding them this offseason.

Just now, Mr Coffee said:

Fair enough.  I get that.  It just seems like a different excuse every week, you know?

There's no excuses left, it's all Pagano for me. Luck is playing poorly, but we don't know how he'd do with a different head coach, so I hate to trash him. Just really frustrated at this point.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's not a bad quote, I'm just hesitant to use it in regards to the Jags. That roster is full of youth, and it'll take a season or 2 for them to put it all together, but they're a team that's clearly trending upwards. A team that just a year ago got blown out every other Sunday, and now they're hanging with some of the big dogs of the league, and giving them all they can handle. Are they a disappointment thus far? Sure, you could say that, but that's only due to the insane hype surrounding them this offseason.

I agree with this, look at the Vikings, all those extra 1st rounders they traded up for are now starting to produce. Their defense is elite and they are looking like a contender without Bridgewater and AP. That's what can happen if you trade up and draft correctly. Coddarrelle Patterson was a bust, but they made up for it with Stefon Diggs, so again, drafting well is the key. The Jaguars have a lot of 1st rounders I like too. In a year or two, they will make a big impact. We're about to have a huge rival in the AFC South. Hopefully we get our crap together or we may not be top dogs in the near future.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

The division is still a wuss pocket except for the Texans but right now the Colts can't beat the Texans playing only the last quarter of four as they do every week. This season is dead as Pittsburgh and New England will squash the hapless Colts in the playoffs (which the Colts ill not be in)j. The Colts could not beat the Raiders either so from this point on what the Colts do does not matter.

agreed

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There's no excuses left, it's all Pagano for me. Luck is playing poorly, but we don't know how he'd do with a different head coach, so I hate to trash him. Just really frustrated at this point.

It's becoming more and more obvious that that's the case. I'd even say that it's pretty clear that Grigson has given Pagano some decent players, but Pagano hasn't risen to the occasion to coach them up, and hold them accountable when they make mistakes.

Perfect example would be that penalty by TJ Green on Sunday. He's a talented player, nice draft pick, but young and kind of raw, and the consensus is that fans like him so far. But Pagano leaving him in the game after that inexcusable penalty is just unacceptable. That penalty put the Jags in FG position, and enabled them to get a quick 3 points at the end of the first half. What was the final score of that game again, didn't the Colts end up losing by 3? That all comes down to coaching.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's becoming more and more obvious that that's the case. I'd even say that it's pretty clear that Grigson has given Pagano some decent players, but Pagano hasn't risen to the occasion to coach them up, and hold them accountable when they make mistakes.

Perfect example would be that penalty by TJ Green on Sunday. He's a talented player, nice draft pick, but young and kind of raw, and the consensus is that fans like him so far. But Pagano leaving him in the game after that inexcusable penalty is just unacceptable. That penalty put the Jags in FG position, and enabled them to get a quick 3 points at the end of the first half. What was the final score of that game again, didn't the Colts end up losing by 3? That all comes down to coaching.

Yeah, you have to show discipline, show you're serious, and committed to winning. Pagano tries to be everybody's friend. You are supposed to be in charge, commanding a team, not holding a frat party among the team. I can practically guarantee the players don't respect him as far as being a coach is concerned.

6 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

no

I agree, but it is hard to face reality, this team gets worse instead of better, someone is a poor judge of talent, picks up fragile non aggressive players and expects to see improvement, the captain of the ship picked the wrong route

39 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think you and many others forget the fact we were playing in a different country. No matter how minuscule people attempt to make it, that was a big problem.

Do not be so ridiculous. I have flown from the UK to several parts of the US (NY, Boston, Indy, San Fran) many times, and not once have I dropped my wallet when paying the bar bill, or knocked over a beer etc. I functioned perfectly normally and I am not a fine tuned athelete. Blaming some of those pathetic plays on travel is perhaps the stupidest thing I have read in this forum for 12 years. Just stop it please.

30 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Do not be so ridiculous. I have flown from the UK to several parts of the US (NY, Boston, Indy, San Fran) many times, and not once have I dropped my wallet when paying the bar bill, or knocked over a beer etc. I functioned perfectly normally and I am not a fine tuned athelete. Blaming some of those pathetic plays on travel is perhaps the stupidest thing I have read in this forum for 12 years. Just stop it please.

Comparing drinking to playing a physical game with 3 days to prepare is ridiculous. If you watched the press conferences of the team and saw how many times they mentioned they were tired, felt like crap etc. you would have saw how it affected them. That's the biggest part of the reason I expected a loss. They should have stayed the whole week and not left on Thursday.

19 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Comparing drinking to playing a physical game with 3 days to prepare is ridiculous. If you watched the press conferences of the team and saw how many times they mentioned they were tired, felt like crap etc. you would have saw how it affected them. That's the biggest part of the reason I expected a loss. They should have stayed the whole week and not left on Thursday.

Did they say this prior to the game? Just excuses Blue. Not buying that hogwash one little bit. In fact, they finished the game very strong, which is also a contradiction.....

11 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Did they say this prior to the game? Just excuses Blue. Not buying that hogwash one little bit. In fact, they finished the game very strong, which is also a contradiction.....

They did say it before the game but of course they spun it to make it look like they weren't making excuses. A team (especially this team) can gain momentum through the game and finish strong anytime. But I felt it was obvious that they would start slow. This team starts slow at home with a full week of preparation so I don't know what people thought was going to happen in London against a team with a good roster who is desparate and travels to London every year.

5 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

If they don't fire Pagano and Grigson soon at least we'll draft in the top 5 or 10 every year for the next 3 to 4 years picking up blue chip players if we're lucky then a new coach will be hired after pags/Grigs contract.

agreed but if grigs does the picking?

3 minutes ago, FACE REALITY said:

agreed but if grigs does the picking?

Honestly with Grigs, I'd rather him pick someone safe in the 1st early that is a great player, great athlete, will easily succeed, but may not be as good as his draft position like Ryan Kelly than pick some overhyped player like a Bjeorn Werner. If we pick 5th, but ultimately get the 12 best player in the draft down the road as a "safe pick" and he turns out to be an excellent pass rusher, i can live with that. Just don't pick someone high risk, high reward.

2 hours ago, FACE REALITY said:

I hope we beat the bears but I don't have much hope,  although gore should be able to run up the middle against freeman, he makes a lot of tackles but most are for gains not losses

Gore has been one of the few bright spots this year. Hes ran really hard every game.