Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yuck. He has mental issues, hes a Ron Artest type in waiting.

We badly need a SG but not him.

Character issues aside, he's a great scorer and an offensive playmaker. Would be an upgrade over Stuckey/Ellis.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.  He has character issues on the court.  He'll be no good to the team if he's suspended for a handful of games each year because he lets his frustration get the best of him

He almost got in a fight again tonight. Ron Artest 2.0

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors lost to the Heat and the Cavs lost to the Pelicans and Davis didn't even play. What a strange night.

I'm of the opinion that the regular season is kinda overrated.  I don't think you need to go all out like the Warriors did last year and try to win 70+ games, or even 60+.  In my opinion, you should keep the effort high enough to ensure a top 3 or 4 seed in your conference.  Aim for 50-55 wins so you get home court, but you don't exhaust your team and put extra pressure on them.  Once you're settled into that, use the regular season to try out different lineups, different plays, etc.  Use it as a sort of testing grounds.  And if you end up losing a game or two, it's worth it because you're able to get better data on what lineups perform better.  That way, when the playoffs come around, you know exactly what lineups to go with and who can play what role.  I view the regular season as "just get through it and get to the playoffs", then I view the playoffs as when you bring out all the big guns.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

He almost got in a fight again tonight. Ron Artest 2.0

I can't stand him.  Aside from the fact that he plays for Duke (with all due respect to Coach K), Allen annoys me just as much as a guy like Draymond Green.  Dirty players who need to resort to illegal and dangerous tactics to win.

Just now, MTC said:

I'm already looking forward to the draft/offseason.

Need to ditch McMillan and injury prone players like Ellis and Stuckey. 

Do you think Bird gets rid of McMillan after just one year?  I still think we'll make a move at or near the trade deadline, but I don't know about getting rid of McMillan.  As much as I think he does need to go, I don't know if Bird will do it so soon after hiring him.  Although Bird is a bottom-line kind of guy, and if the team is underperforming its talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the trigger

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I can't stand him.  Aside from the fact that he plays for Duke (with all due respect to Coach K), Allen annoys me just as much as a guy like Draymond Green.  Dirty players who need to resort to illegal and dangerous tactics to win.

I can't stand Duke either haha it seems like Duke has a player like him almost every year. He is very dirty, he could end up a good NBA player but hes a disaster waiting to happen. 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Do you think Bird gets rid of McMillan after just one year?  I still think we'll make a move at or near the trade deadline, but I don't know about getting rid of McMillan.  As much as I think he does need to go, I don't know if Bird will do it so soon after hiring him.  Although Bird is a bottom-line kind of guy, and if the team is underperforming its talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the trigger

I honestly feel as if Bird hired McMillan as a one year rental. 

Stuckey needs to go. Ever since he came to the Pacers, he's been injured. Need a SG badly. Need to play defense badly. Need to not lose to god awful teams badly. Good lord this is an awful loss. Had won 7 of 8 and have now lost 3 straight. Two of which are to the Lakers and the Knicks

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hes not happy with how the team is playing. I posted an article about it on the last page. He might end up firing him.

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Stuckey needs to go. Ever since he came to the Pacers, he's been injured. Need a SG badly. Need to play defense badly. Need to not lose to god awful teams badly. Good lord this is an awful loss. Had won 7 of 8 and have now lost 3 straight. Two of which are to the Lakers and the Knicks

The lakers lost by 49 to the Mavs yesterday. 49. And they all but dominated us. 

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't stand Duke either haha it seems like Duke has a player like him almost every year. He is very dirty, he could end up a good NBA player but hes a disaster waiting to happen. 

I don't even think he is that good of an NBA prospect. There will be way better players available.

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Ripping the fan base is not a good idea PG. If you guys weren't playing like crap than maybe people wouldn't boo you. 

9 hours ago, ar7 said:

Yeah they were the one seed in 2014 and got booed but that was after they looked like championship contenders before the all star break and afterwards looked awful the rest of the season.

He cannot use that example to shade the fan base. They only boo when they play horribly over a period of time.

20 hours ago, MTC said:

This team would currently be the 4th or 5th seed had we kept Vogel.

I completely disagree. We gave up our defense for offense by getting rid of Hill and Mahimi and the offense we picked up cannot match this horrible defense. We'd be in the same spot with Vogel and this roster.