Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Paul George does not deserve to be an all star this year. Period.

Im sick of him...He is too passive an inconsistent. ..Real Superstars can carry a team and take a game over...See James Harden. .The Pacers play like they are just collecting a check I don't see thw will necessary to be great...It was a huge mistake hiring McMillan and trading Hill...We lost our identity,  we would be the #2 sewd if we had just kept our team intact with Vogel and just added Thad Young..We were building back up at the end of last season,  Im a Bird fan, but his desire to play small ball destroyed this team..

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Im sick of him...He is too passive an inconsistent. ..Real Superstars can carry a team and take a game over...See James Harden. .The Pacers play like they are just collecting a check I don't see thw will necessary to be great...It was a huge mistake hiring McMillan and trading Hill...We lost our identity,  we would be the #2 sewd if we had just kept our team intact with Vogel and just added Thad Young..We were building back up at the end of last season,  Im a Bird fan, but his desire to play small ball destroyed this team..

Dont overreact to a bad loss...

Everyone is inconsistent.....Westbrook has 3 10 turnover games...

Harden's team got dynamited by the Warriors Friday.....he did nothing.

is he not a 'real' star?

If our identity was tied to Frank Vogel and George Hill ......well....I'll let that one go

Look at where we at in the standings....with a team that's still coming together

We'll be fine

Just now, oldunclemark said:

is he not a 'real' star?

If our identity was tied to Frank Vogel and George Hill ......well....I'll let that one go

Look at where we at in the standings....with a team that's still coming together

We'll be fine

We just don't play defense or rebound at all man...

43 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I was really excited about the Pacers this year it just hasn't worked...It's really disappointing, I have trouble watching them and I used to never miss a game..

stay with 'em

Its mid-season....we're 2 over .500..not great but not bad...

I'll say it again: When you bring in  guys off other teams (Young, Teague, Jefferson, Brooks) and put them on the floor together, you need time (lots of time) to make it work...especially on defense...

..we overreact to losses...the playoffs dont start for 3 more months...I'm preaching patience

Edited by oldunclemark
spelling

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

stay with 'em

Its mid-season....we're 3 over .500..not great but not bad...

I'll say it again: When you bring in  guys off other teams (Young, Teague, Jefferson, Brooks) are put them on the floor together, you need time (lots if time) to make it work...especially on defense...

..we overreact to losses...the playoffs dont start for 3 more months...I'm preaching patience

Agreed Mark  IMO we are missing a key ingredient off the bench in Rodney Stuckey

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

stop yourself

I'm completely serious. He's the only "star" in the league who doesn't try to take over the game if they are down. Westbrook gets 10 turnovers because he's actually trying to do something. Even in wins Paul George lets Jeff Teague do the heavy lifting and all he does is shoot off of screens or in the post.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm completely serious. He's the only "star" in the league who doesn't try to take over the game if they are down. Westbrook gets 10 turnovers because he's actually trying to do something. Even in wins Paul George lets Jeff Teague do the heavy lifting and all he does is shoot off of screens or in the post.

Agreed....He should tak it to the hole and draw fouls way more especially when we r struggling. ..HE plays so SOFT...

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

is he not a 'real' star?

We'll be fine

They should be together by now, we are halfway through the season and they've been together for quite a few months now. I don't think that excuse can be used anymore. 

20 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Paul George does not deserve to be an all star this year. Period.

Agree in a sense. His play has declined this year. And you can blame that on Larry Bird for firing Vogel.

He has no motivation to be the best player this season. Feels like he's coasting along.

Just now, MTC said:

Agreed in a sense. His play has declined this year. And you can blame that on Larry Bird for firing Vogel.

He has no motivation to be the best player this season. Feels like he's coasting along.

He is and it's obvious..The whole team looks like that except Turner and Thad Young...We need to just reboot try and pull a George for Jimmy Butler trade. ..Or even Demarcus Cousins..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He is and it's obvious..The whole team looks like that except Turner and Thad Young...We need to just reboot try and pull a George for Jimmy Butler trade. ..Or even Demarcus Cousins..

I'm not sure I would trade PG. I mean he's a good piece to have along with Turner for a championship run in the future. Besides, trading for Cousins, does that really make us better?

Just now, MTC said:

I'm not sure I would trade PG. I mean he's a good piece to have along with Turner for a championship run in the future. Besides, trading for Cousins, does that really make us better?

Problem is George is gonna be a free agent after next year..He just strikes me as the type of personality who will leave us..If we are gonna get anything of value in return for him now is the time. .McMillan was a horrible hire this team just doesn't fit together right and we have shown no improvement under him..We would be a 2 seed right now if we just kept Hill and Vogel and built on last year. .

I'm not too particularly mad at the Pacers losing these games. I mean they have no chance to beat the Warriors or the Cavaliers so why bother.

NBA is getting too predictable. It's getting overrun by "super teams". 

Small market teams like the Indiana Pacers have no chance at a title until things change or they land a super star.

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Problem is George is gonna be a free agent after next year..He just strikes me as the type of personality who will leave us..If we are gonna get anything of value in return for him now is the time. .McMillan was a horrible hire this team just doesn't fit together right and we have shown no improvement under him..We would be a 2 seed right now if we just kept Hill and Vogel and built on last year. .

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Paul George leaves or not. If he does, it will hurt this team a lot. Will make the Pacers a bottom ten team. 

Firing Vogel was a mistake and I will always be mad until Bird acknowledges it.

Just now, MTC said:

I'm not too particularly mad at the Pacers losing these games. I mean they have no chance to beat the Warriors or the Cavaliers so why bother.

NBA is getting too predictable. It's getting overrun by "super teams". 

Small market teams like the Indiana Pacers have no chance at a title until things change or they land a super star.

Yeah it sux...Im hoping the Rockets or Spurs can win, they are the only teams with a chance...Warriors are ruining rhe NBA..

Just now, MTC said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Paul George leaves or not. If he does, it will hurt this team a lot. Will make the Pacers a bottom ten team. 

He will be a Laker or Clipper I hope Im wrong and he stays and gets back to his old self..Not liking what I'm seeing this year in play or attitude 

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Yeah it sux...Im hoping the Rockets or Spurs can win, they are the only teams with a chance...Warriors are ruining rhe NBA..

I mean I enjoy watching the games and seeing players like PG and Turner perform, it just doesn't affect me as much when they lose.